“Nice Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   739 Canal Street at Bourbon, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #111 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Nice Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great location, clean and reasonably priced. Staff was very helpful with many suggestions on what attractions to check out during our stay. They also offered luggage storage so we were able to leave our bags behind until it was time to head to the airport.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Alicia S, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Hello Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. I was happy to hear that you thought our hotel location was a great place to stay and reasonable. I am glad our staff was helpful to you and we were able to meet your expectations. We are working hard every day to ensure every guest experience is pleasant and enjoyable. We look forward to you viiting the Astor Crowne Plaza Hotel again soon.

Best wishes,
Alicia D. Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Torquay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Perfect location for a holiday in New Orleans. Located perfectly on the corner Bourbon street and Canal Street with restaurants and bars all along the French Quarter close by. The room where of great size and very clean. The staff went out of their way to help wherever they could.
I would definitely stay at the Crowne Plaza Astor again on my next visit to New Orleans

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Alicia S, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Greetings John K,

Thank you so much for posting your positive comments about your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you felt our location was perfect for you during your holiday and that our staff went out of their way to help you at any time. We are striving hard everyday to make sure all of our guests have the best customer service experience ever. We hope that you will come back and stay with us at the Astor Crowne Plaza. We would love to see you again!

Warm regards,
Alicia D. Smith, Guest Relations Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Where do we start. Its a dirty old builing. That alone wouldn't be much of a problem.

The beds have terrible sheets that don' t fit on top of horrible plastic matress covers.

Multiple basic requests were ignored.

We stayed here for four nights. On the first night we asked that they fix our door handle that came off in our hands. It was never addressed in spite of the fact that in the case of an emergency, it would be a tremendous hazard.

Check out couldn't come soon enough at eleven on Monday but the misery wasn't over. The shuttle to the airport dosen't arrive until two. After grabbing lunch we had an hour to kill and no room so we grabbed a couch in the lobby. I dozed off playing candy crush and was promptly woke up and told I couldn't "sleep in the lobby". This after dropping hundreds of dollars in their flea bag death trap.

Ruined an otherwise wonderful trip to New Orleans.

Alicia S, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hello Andy C,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay. I apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are working hard to be improve the hotel with our Housekeeping training and strenghten our customer service skills. I hope that you decide to return to N.O. again and give us another chance to show you how much we have improved.

Alicia Smith
Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My boyfriend and I spent five nights here and loved it! The room was updated, clean and quiet. It was in a perfect location (Canal & Bourbon St.). I found the staff friendly and accommodating to our needs. It did take them a very long time to pick up the room service outside our room, even after housekeeping came and went, but it did eventually get picked up. I thought my cell phone was lost in the sheets when they changed the bed, they looked everywhere for me, called the maid and were very helpful in locating my phone! I ended up leaving at a restaurant (got it back!), but they still went above and beyond for me - something I really appreciate. They do try to get you to stay in a different room then you actually book - I saw them try to give double beds many times to those that booked king rooms, but a little push back solved the problem! I really have no complaints and would stay again!

Room Tip: Stay in the south wing! It's updated.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Becky,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am so happy to hear that you thought our location was perfect and our staff was friendly and accommodating. I am glad you were able to get your cellphone back after leaving it at the restaurant. That is tremendous! We hope that if you come back to New Orleans, that you decide to stay with us at the Astor Crowne Plaza again. We would love to have you!

Warm regards,
Alicia Smith
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days over the last weekend. We arrived in the wee hours of the morning after 10 hours of driving and were greeted warmly by Troy at the front door and Patricia at the front desk. They were both absolutely delightful and made our check in a breeze. When we arrived to our room, it was very clean and spacious. We stayed on the 5th floor. The bed was comfortable, plenty of extra towels in the bathroom and the décor was perfect. We both enjoyed quiet and restful sleep each night we spent here and were happy with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff throughout our stay. We also valeted our car and never had a problem getting it when we needed it. Astor Crowne Plaza has a great location, knowledgeable staff and a great vibe. I can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Scotland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Spent two night here during French Quarter Jazz Festival. Dreadful, impersonal hotel which is shabby and overpriced. Housekeeping and concierge staff are helpful and friendly but other staff couldn't care less about customer service. Room was very shabby - bath was chipped and grubby with wear and tear. At £150 per night I expect better. Location is fine if you want to be in the midst of the tacky end of the French Quarter.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear smartie879,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to New Orleans.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights as a part of business trip. Hotel is very conveniently located in French quarters right on the central Canal street and so you easily walk to charming French quarters district or in opposite direction. All main tourist attractions as well as majority of shops and malls are within walking distance. Hotel itself is separated into 2 parts – Old quarters – which is original old building and also bigger and taller new one. We were lucky enough to stay in old part, originally we were given room with awful view – to inner courtyard w/o any view or let’s say with a view of the window of opposite room in 3 meters. We stayed during ASH meeting 2013 so all hotels in New Orleans were almost fully booked, however as we arrived quite early and not all rooms were occupied yet I did ask front desk and the kindly gave us the room with great Canal street view. Hotel lobby is very nice in classic style, hotel’s restaurant is serving very good quality food (although as majority restaurants in NO) and is well known on the area. Room is on a small side by US standards, however still good enough for 2 people. Bad is comfortable, bathroom is not big but has everything you need. Amenities are standard for the 4 star hotel. Hotel has very nice open pool on the roof of one of the buildings, however the inconvenient thing is that those who stay in old building in order to reach this pool need to come down by elevator to Ground floor, pass whole lobby and take another elevator. We did have breakfasts however they were prepaid ones for Ash meeting guest not a standard hotel breakfast so can’t comment on this. All in all quite nice hotel with very good location, which we liked. However, for my next stay I would probably choose another one as there are so many good hotels in the same area.

Room Tip: Please ask for a room with good view, Beware they have rooms with "no view" and no sun at...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business