“The Executive Club Lounge” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   739 Canal Street at Bourbon, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #98 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Port Arthur, Texas, United States
“The Executive Club Lounge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

There were many thing which stood out at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor, one of the most memoir thing about our visit to this hotel location is the Executive Club. Mrs. Pamela Green & Jamesha Stevenson are two of the most outstanding people, they treated my wife & I as if we were "Royalty"! Not to mention the enjoyment of laughter, excitement, and fun these ladies bring to the Executive Club Lounge. The food which is served is fresh, beautiful, and quite tasty as well as the cleanliness of this area. I would like thank these two wonderful ladies for their quality service which they generously gave to my wife & I!

Burke & Cheryl Swallow

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our Executive Level Team. Pam and Jamesha are two of our finest associates. We are proud that you were treated like "Royalty". We truly apprecaite your gracious comments and we wish to thank you for the review, your business and loyalty to the Astor!

1,536 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Bridgeport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my family but was visiting the area for a conference. The hotel is very central to the bourbon st area but with that comes loud people and outdoor noise. We were on the 12 th floor and still heard noise all night. The rooms were ok... Bathrooms kinda old but many of the hotels looked like this. There are lots of restaurants close by- and a streetcar stop right across the street from the hotel. Pool very very small. If traveling with kids again- I would try a different hotel. The concierge was also hard to talk with (there always a line). Conference amenities were nice!

• Stayed August 2013
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. I was surprised to read that noise was an issue on the 12th floor and wish to apologize for any lack of sleep in this regard. Thank you for your patronage and your comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Service and staff are always spot-on. The valets always try to be speedy and are consistently courteous. The hotel location couldn't be better. The oyster bar downstairs is one of the best in the city. The staff there is incredibly friendly and personal. Priority club members have a separate and speedy check-in option. It's a great bonus to have additional security during busier times. We look forward to many more wonderful stays.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted that the Astor met your expectations. Thank you for patronage, great review and for being a valued IHG Rewards Member. We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend getaway. Great location. just a few minutes walk to casino, bourbon street, and great restaurants. We were put in the older part of the hotel. I didn't mind. I love the high ceilings of room 2215. Room needs a little attention but overall this hotel stay was A+.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the A+...we will take it! We appreciate your time in sharing your experience with us. The historic wing of the hotel is truly a charming atmosphere and delighted that you enjoyed the room. We hope to see you back at the Astor real soon.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Me and a friend stayed at the Astor During Red Dress 2013 and had a great time! The hotel is very beautiful and the location is awesome! The staff was very friendly and luckily for us we were even able to check in early, which was a plus! They even extended our check out time until 2 pm the next day as a courtesy! The room was very nice and they even had ear plugs on the bed, which I thought was priceless since our room was on the Bourbon street side. I live in Nola and rarely get to experience the great hotels we have but was very happy to have stayed at the Astor and would recommend it to anyone coming to visit New Orleans!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
So tell us...how did you look in your Red Dress! Thank you for your review and for participating in one of the biggest fund raising events in the city. We hope you had fun! Your review is truly spectacular and we really wish to thank you for the gracious comments. We hope to have you back at the Astor in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This was my first trip to New Orleans and I was blown away by the service this hotel offered. From the second we parked the valet man was the friendliest. He was so energetic and smiley even in the heat in the middle of the afternoon. I can't imagine having to work outside in that New Orleans heat. I was quickly helped by Dana who was SO nice. She was very genuine and kind. We got a call up to our room to make sure everything was perfect and that we were happy with our room. My group was always excited to see her working at night because she was full of energy and extremely personable. She helped us pick a restaurant to eat at and then even offered to take out pictures on the stairs. I didn't get a chance to thank her before we left but Dana was the best!!! She is hands down one of the best employees I have ever encounted anywhere. My friends and I were blown away with the customer service at the hotel. Every staff member we walked by greeted us or made a point to ask us how out stay was. Prior to booking the hotel I read many reviews of people who were nitpicking the hotel and it made me a little nervous. All I can say about that is some people just have nothing better to do than complain. I read that there was no refrigerators in the room so I planned ahead and brought a cooler. The ice machine was 20 steps from my room and we would just fill it up. After sifting through reviews I came to the conclusion that some people are so picky with their reviews they should just stay home because these people will never be truly satisfied at ANY hotel. After trying to think of my con for this hotel which was difficult, the ony slightly negative thing I could say would be that I was told with the valet we could call down 15 minutes prior to needing our car. I called and got an automated message that the volume of calls they were not taking calls down. We brought our ticket down and about 10-15 minutes later our car was brought to the front. I was actually surprised it didn't take as long as I thought because it was a busy Saturday afternoon with the Red Dress Run. We checked out at 12 on Sunday which was a very busy time for the hotel with everyone checking out and they weren't taking calls for the valet again. We were told it would have been a 45 minute wait but we were offered to take a shuttle over to get our car. It took probably 20 minutes all together but I was thankful we were accommodated with a shuttle during this busy Sunday checkout. The location could not be ANY better. We walked everywhere except once because it was ungodly hot to walk almost a mile to where we were going. Even though I had never visited New Orleans I could have not picked a better hotel location wise. Throughout our three night stay over the weekend I was extremely content with our stay and am already planning my next trip back to the Crowne Plaza Astor.

• Stayed August 2013
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Now that is what we like to read...THANK YOU! I cannot begin to tell you how much your review means to us. I loved your comments regarding some of the reviews....I have some of the same thoughts you had but I can't express them...a special thanks from me on that one. Dana is truly a gem on our team. She will be tickled by your comments and because of your mention in this review she will receive an incentive. We try so hard to make our guests feel at home and I am proud that we hit our mark with your visit, especially it being your first visit to New Orleans. Please know your comments regarding the shuttle are very much appreciated. Shuttling to the parking lot on high demand times is truly the most time efficient way to get our guests to their cars. We catch a lot of flak for this but now we know there is someone out there that sees the big picture in this regard. I wish I could have met you during your visit! We are honored that you will be returning and when that time draws near, you email me personally at dzimmer@astorneworleans.com. I would like to do something special for you....because you get it! Thanks again from the bottom of my heart for such a fantastic review. We can't wait for you to grace our front doors in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My neice choose the Astor for her wedding reception next March. We went to the hotel for her tasting and made a weekend stay cation. The staff was amazing from the front desk manager, Melissa, to the GM, Mr. Ambrose every detail of our visit was incredible. They made us feel like family. Great pick by my neice. Were looking forward to visiting again!

How nice of you to take the time share your experience with us. I was pleased to read that our team made you feel like family. We do our best to provide the finest in Southern Hospitality for all of our guest and I am pleased that this was your experience. Please thank your niece for selecting us as her host. Our Chef is wonderful and I am confident your wedding party will have a great time here at the Astor. Again, thank you for your wonderful comments and I look forward to potentially meeting you in March, but hopefully sooner!

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans? Share your experiences!