“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   739 Canal Street at Bourbon, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #98 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
pandem
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed in July and had a great time in the French quarter! Astor crowne plazas was super clean and in an ideal location right on canal and bourbon streets. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Basic room was very large and really clean. Only downfall was no in room fridge but ice was right across the hall. If we return this is the place we'll stay for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
How nice of you to share your thoughts on our hotel and team. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I was especially pleased to read that you will be returning! Thank you for the great review and we hope to see you back at the Astor real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Have stayed quite a few nights in this hotel. The staff is highly professional and the hotel is 4-Star quality. Valet parking only but the staff working the cars are outstanding. Facing Canal Street but backing up to the Quarter you have everything you need within a short walk. Even casino is only 5-7 minute walk. Rooms are small but that is common in quarter. Very high quality linens. Redfish Grill directly across street.

Room Tip: Go high if you want quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Wow...thank you for confirming on our 4-Diamond designation...we are quite proud of our AAA rating! We agree, our location is unsurpassed and delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and our great location. Thank you for the nice review and we hope to see you back real soon.
seattlelover317
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel is right at the corner of Bourbon Street and Canal Street. So close to all the action!!! The only problem we had was checking in. We were promised adjoining rooms with another party that we were checking in with and although we did get rooms on the same flood next to each other -- they were not adjoining. We figured we would just let it go since we had waited for almost a half hour to get our rooms to begin with.

Service is great -- from the bell people, bar service, housekeeping -- they are all fabulous!!!

The rooms are typical hotel size. Very clean. The beds are comfy. We were on the 5th floor and heard absolutely no noise from Bourbon Street.

We also used a hotel representative to book tours in the city. It was very easy and pickups were right out front of the hotel.

You will love how close to everything on Bourbon Street. We are already planning a trip back to NOLA next year. Can't wait.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I truly enjoyed reading your review but sorry to hear about your request for adjoining rooms was not available. Your request for adjoining rooms is quit difficult due to the limited amount of rooms we have in that catagory. Thank you for not letting this ruin your stay and I was really pleased to read that everything else at the Astor met your expectations. Thank you for the lovely review and we look forward to a repeat visit next year but hopefully sooner. Please know, our home is your home!
Vancouver BC Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I spent three nights here on business in July and was quite pleased. At $135/night, the price was right. Good rooms (not huge) and good service. The dining room service was some of the best I have experienced in a hotel (Cory??) which is important to me - I have droppped chains soley for the dining room experience. I didn't have time to try the pool. Location is awesome - right at Canal and Bourbon. The service of the bellman in directing me to restaurants and music venues was excellent. Good hotel with great service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Now that is what we like to read! Thank you for the wonderful review. Delighted that we met your expectations and we hope to see you back at the Astor be it business or pleasure for our location fits both! Thanks again!
Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my second time visiting NOLA for the Essence Festival I chose the Astor Crowne Plaza due to the amazing stay I had last year. Once again I was not disappointed. I brought my fiancé this time and I want to thank a couple of staff that went above and beyond to make his first stay a great one. All the staff are very pleasant but Bull and Rubi went above and beyond to ensure he had a great experience, so much he can't wait to return. Thank you Astor for another great stay we're looking forward seeing you guys in the future! Great location right on the corner of Bourbon and Canal perfect for the night life and a quick walk back to Hotel!

Room Tip: 13th floor was perfect was able to see Bourbon and enjoy the view without the noise!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
OK, reviews just don't get any better than yours...THANK YOU! We are honored that you have returned to the Astor for the Essence Festival once again. A special thanks for mentioning both Rubi and Bull. They are true assets to our team and because of your mention of them by name in your review; they will also recieve an incentive. Thank you for your loyal patronage but please don't wait until Essence 2014 before you return....our home is your home!
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Omg!!!!! Let me tell you I had the best time in my life in New Orleans. It was an experience I will never forget!! The staff there were incredible & efficient....Housekeeping kept our room clean, front desk were very nice!! The Executive Lounge was awesome the staff were professional Ms. Green, JaMeesha, Tanisha were my favorite they made sure we were satisfied while in the lounge! It truly felt like I was home & I develop new family members! Thanks guys for all your hard work!! Love you see ya next year!!

ROSHONA (Rm. 543)
Toledo, Oh

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
OK, I was wrong, I thought the last review was great but OMG then came yours! Your review gave me goose bumps...THANK YOU! How kind of you to share your experience with us. A special thanks for mentioning some star performers on our staff. Because of your mention, each of them will receive an incentive from the hotel. We love you too and we look forward to your visit for Essence 2014...but hopefully sooner!
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had a business meeting in New Orleans and my husband decided to join me and make a mini vacation out of it. The hotel that the meeting was held at was sold out so I spent a LOT of time on line finding the right hotel -- nearby my meeting and with a pool for my husband. We arrived without any issues. After we checked in the desk clerk handed us a letter addressed to "valued guest" informing us that they were hosting a "very large social group" and they were basically taking over the hotel, including the pool area and fitness room. We were able to use the hotel a block away as they have a pool, etc. SERIOUSLY? They wouldn't tell me what the group was or why we couldn't share the pool with them. After I went into the ballroom where they were trying to recruit folks, I found out that the social group was a swingers club and they planned on being nude at the pool and fitness area. They are called Naughty in N'Awlins. They also went into specifics about the goings on in various rooms. Now I'm a liberal gal from the northeast, I'm not judging these folks, but I'm completely judging the Crowne Plaza. They didn't feel I was important as their guest to use the pool and workout room? Or letting us know in advance? We ended up leaving and going to another hotel after packing up our belongings. We were treated unbelievably rude by the manager, who truly couldn't have cared less about us. I would highly recommend never staying at this trashy hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. We do value you and your comments regarding your visit. The NIN group is an annual convention of the Astor and every year we do our best to advise our non-convention guests regarding the pool area. We do note this on the brand web site but unfortunately the central reservation's office of over 300 agents don't always pick up on this alert in their system. Because we care, the hotel does set up alternative pool arrangements and we do realize the inconvenience this may cause our guest, however it is the only alternative in order to still provide this service for our the non-convention guests. Please accept our apology for any rudeness that you encountered with our manager and rest assured I will be looking into this further with our General Manager. We regret that we have lost you as a repeat customer. Thank you again for your comments.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans? Share your experiences!