“Our first trip to New Orleans” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   739 Canal Street at Bourbon, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #106 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Uniontown Ohio
“Our first trip to New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Some said we would hate it! Others said we'd love it - From the first moment to the last, we loved this trip! Our hotel was in the best location, on the corner of Canal and Bourbon Streets! We walked everywhere in the Vieux Carre (French Quarter) The room was lovely, clean and comfortable. The beds are great! The shower - perfect - our view of Canal St from the 13th floor - beautiful! The staff was friendly and helpful in every way (thanks Frederico) We loved the breakfast (the BEST grits anywhere!) in the Bourbon House Restaurant in the hotel; looking out on Bourbon St and Lionel was our excellent waiter - friendly and informative with our questions. We did a lot and saw so much, but we'd go back in a minute and stay right there again at the Astor Crowne Plaza!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quite and the view much better. We were on the 13th floor room 1309 and I'd s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We were honored to be your host on your maiden trip to New Orleans! Extremely pleased to read your wonderful comments on our team and hotel. It is so easy to serve such gracious guest as you....thank you making it all worth while! Now, when you come back to the "Big Easy", please know our home is your home. Again thank you for being so spectacular!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Polish first
Long Beach, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I attended a conference hosted by this hotel. You are required to use valet parking. It costs $31.60 a day. Valet parking check in takes about 10 mins. Check out took 20, 25 and twice over 30+ minutes to have valet bring your car to you. You could not call ahead either. You had to request the car in person (due to the valet backlog). Rooms are basic and not well maintained, sink would not drain, coffee pot was nasty looking, AC was motion controlled and only ran 5 minutes at a time, staff argued in hallway in the mornings, room radio would be turned up to high volume on a Rap station...when I had it set for my radio alarm...had to reset everyday. Hotel is on Bourbon Street, so sirens and such are at all hours of the night. Quality staff, much improved valet service and capital investment in this facility would turn this property around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Wow, not what we like to hear from any guest. Please accept our apology regarding your experience. There was obviously nothing that you liked about our hotel and we truly regret this. Rest assured all of your comments will be shared with our team. Thank you for your review and for your valued comments.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I hosted a small group of friends at this hotel for 4 nights starting March 7. Everyone in my group was delighted with the hotel. The folks attending the Priority Club lounge were always accomodating and friendly. The reservation process was easy and Sales Manager, Martha Martinez, went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of. Twice during our stay, someone from the management team checked in to see if we needed anything. And a special thanks to Anne Broussard for putting all this in motion!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor on the Iberville side and had no problems.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review. Now this is what we like to hear from our guests! We were honored to be your host and we thank you for your patronage. Thanks for mentioning both Ann and Martha in your review. Because you have acknowledge an associate by name, they will each receive an incentive from the hotel. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you and your group back at the Astor real soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor on a recent quick trip to New Orleans. The hotel has a friendly staff, beautiful lobby, and excellent location for walking to all parts of the French Quarter as well as being close to the trolley that takes you to the Garden District.
The only down side was staying in the absolutely dirtiest room I have ever experienced. The carpet was white with thick dust under furniture, around the edges of the room and on the baseboards. The rest of the carpet had dirt particles and stains. The bath floor was dirty and the rim of the toilet was disgusting. I couldn't wait to get home to shower and feel clean again.
This is a real shame because the Hotel has so many other positive attributes but I could never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your time regarding this review. We were delighted to hear your wonderful comments on our team, lobby and location. However, your comments regarding the cleanliness of our rooms is most disappointing and we truly wish to apologize. We wished you would have said something regarding your disappointment while still visiting. I am confident we could have turned this around for you and please know we would have wanted to do this. I regret that we have lost you as a repeat customer. I'm going to ask because I have to...please allow us another opportunity to show you the Astor that we are all proud of the next time your travels bring you to New Orleans. I am confident, if given another opportunity, we will have you as a loyal patron of our hotel. Thank you again for your valued comments.
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My girlfriend came down to visit me for a three day weekend and choose this hotel as it is literally right where Bourbon begins. You turn the corner and it's all right ahead of you. The hotel staff was friendly from the valet service to the attendant of the VIP lounge. I have to mention Rubila! She saved my vacation! My girlfriend is very picky and when we found that our room was next to an elevator I already knew it was going to be a problem. At the front desk i met Rubila who helped me get the perfect room (we went through two rooms before my girlfriend was satisfied lol). She was friendly and professional throughout the whole process and recommended two great restaurants. The whole staff here is very friendly and helpful but Rubila is my angel!!

Room Tip: Check in early to avoid getting a room by the elevators!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I was delighted and proud to read your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our team, hotel and especially Rubila. She will be thrilled by your acknowledgement and she will also receive a little incentive from the hotel because of your mention. I was glad that Rubila was able to find a special room for you and the girlfirend. We hope you will come back to the Astor when your travels bring you back to New Orleans. Rest assured your angel will be here waiting to serve...LOL! Thank you for the great review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for four nights and had a great time. Nice rooms. Clean. Friendly staff....Dwayne was awesome. Very nicely priced as well. Quieter than I thought it would be. Even the pool area was nice. Thank you for being so accommodating! Will recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2013
Wow, thank you for the nice review! I was delighted to read that the hotel met your expectations in every way. Especially pleased to learn that you will be recommending the hotel. On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for your review, patronage and any future referrals you offer on our behalf.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hotel location is excellent for those wishing to fully enjoy NOLA's French Quarter, specially Bourbon Street. Staff was mostly friendly, rooms are beautiful . My main complaint is that housekeeping service was skipped one day, as staff came by the room to clean at 5:30pm while I was getting ready for an event and I requested they return in half an hour (they never did). When reported to front desk, all I got was shrug, not even an apology. Other than that, I recommend the hotel, mainly for location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. Please accept our apology regarding the missed cleaning service as well as the the response you received by our front desk clerk regarding the same. Unfortunate that a great stay got tarnished by a clerk's response. Please know your comments are valued and will be shared with our General Manager. We hope you will give the Astor another opportunity the next time New Orleans is on your travel agenda. I am confident that your next experience will be a perfect one!

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans? Share your experiences!