“Meeting Planner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   739 Canal Street at Bourbon, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #111 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Meeting Planner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently had a small conference in New Orleans at this property and the staff, Catering Sales Manager and her staff were wonderful to work with, I would recommend this property for food, location and service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Wow...thank you! Delighted to read your recent conference went well and that you were pleased with our services and team. So when can we book another meeting? Sorry I am in sales and we love repeat customers....especially ourmeeting planners. Come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

First, you just can’t get a better location! Better yet, once inside you’ve also found an elegant respite from the wonderful chaos outside. My family and I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza-Astor three times previously and have always found it clean, vibrant and staffed by some of the nicest people we’ve encountered in New Orleans! This past weekend the place was buzzing with energy and yet our room was quiet, comfortable and perfectly clean. Everyone from the bell captain to room service team was courteous and helpful. My wife called down to request a few extra hangers and they were delivered only moments after she'd hung up. We couldn't believe it. Also, to dispel a comment posted about their valet parking service being slow, my family and I noticed the Crowne team efficiently hustling cars for guests like a NASCAR crew every time we stepped out the front door! We remain impressed and will certainly return again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
THANK YOU! Can't ask for a nicer review than yours! We agree, our location is unsurpassed and pleased to read that you found the Astor an "elegant respite". I loved the way you put that! Please know your review will be shared with our entire team. We appreciate your coninued patronage and loyalty to the Astor. So when are you coming home again!
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We flew in from Toronto, Canada and stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and all I can say is good things, the location is great right at the start of Bourbon street. Our room was at the back of the hotel and you could hear some of partying coming from Bourbon St at night but that's to be expected in the environment that we came to see. The hotel did provide ear plugs in case you wanted to use them. The rooms were very clean and the lobby was beautiful. The service at check in was great and the staff that we saw throughout our stay was amazing!! Good work!!! Would definitely stay here again, can't wait to return to NOLA!!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you to our Canadian Patrons! We appreciate your kind review and your business. I was quite proud to read your comments regarding our team and service. We try hard and it is reviews such as yours that makes it all worth while...Thank you! We look forward to your return to New Orleans and to your new home away from home.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for 3 nights,i found it clean and the staff friendly, it has a great location and the service was very good...
The rooms are spacious and clean and the food was so tasty.
I will definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Well thank you for your kind words! Delighted that we met your expectations and honored that you will be returning.
Rockport, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have stayed here for our company appreciation wknd get-away for the past 6+ years. The hotel staff has always made us feel very welcome and have been easy to work with in planning for our group. They are accommodating and the location is perfect for having fun in the French Quarter, gambling, etc. Rooms are comfortable, service good...we will be planning our trip there next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I love to read reviews from our loyal guests! Delighted to hear of your 6th return visit to the Astor...your business and your review are like gold to us! Certainly one of the highest compliments you can give a hotel is to be one of our loyal guests! Thank you for your continued confidence in our hotel and your moral support to our team. We hope to see you back for the 7th time, but hopefully sooner!
Bristol, Maine, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

5 nights gives me a pretty good perspective. the worst of it was getting on the elevator alone, feeling a series of bumps and coming to rest between floors. Pushed the emergency button and the operator said she would call for help and then HUNG UP!!! seriously, didn't even stay on the line. I called back ten minutes later and she told me she called for help and hung up again. after a half hour, they were able to pry the door open. There was more concern for the elevator than for me. The asst manager brought me some snacks - seriously - the manager never came to see me at all despite staying a few more days.

The internet is a nightmare that they have the nerve to charge for. The strength of the signal is often poor and many times it goes out all together. To even get hooked up, I had to be be on with tech support for about an hour the first time (there were multiiple times) and I am a seasoned traveller well-versed in getting connected in differenct environments. The second time only took about 20 minutes so I guess I was lucky. I had saved the case number, that probably helped.

Besides all that, when I checked in, I could not get the room temp below 74 degrees. I requested that to be fixed and then had a hard time staying over 66 degrees (it fell to 64 one night despite being set on 90 ) without running the shower. didn't bother to ask to get that fixed as I prefer the cold to the heat and didn't want to be bothered.

They are very slow to make up the rooms on certain days with my room not being serviced until after 5 pm one day.

The final insult was that I was not able to print out my boarding passes in the business center. I could see them all right and the printer declared itself ready, but could not get it done even trying multiple PCs.

So if you are coming to New Orleans, keep looking.

Room Tip: Maybe try a low floor in case of elevator problems.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wow not what we like to read or hear. I am truly sorry for the issues and more importantly the elevator trauma. I am sure that was quite an ordeal and disappointed to hear of our lack of concern and the follow up regarding the same. I wish to apologize again and regret that we have probably lost you as a potential repeat guest. Thank you for your sharing you experience. Rest assured we will be discussing your stay in great detail to ensure our future guests will not have an experience such as yours.
metairie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel was the biggest mistake I made in my wedding planning process. From the moment I walked in, I was treated as though I was doing THEM the favor by paying to stay in their hotel. There was a mix-up with my reservation, so they kept me waiting, wedding dress in arm, for ten minutes at the front desk while they sorted it out. I ran into one of my guests for the wedding in the lobby while holding my own wedding dress in my arms (something you somewhat dont want many people to see before the big day) all because of the hotel's mixup. The coordinator I had worked with, Ann Broussard, spoke to me rudely and confrontationally and attempted to renig on a guarantee she had made for a discounted rate. When I provided documentation of the email where she had confirmed the discount, she begrudgenly relented and discounted the room.

Oh well I thought, at least I am checked in! Well, when I got to the suite, it was very spacious, and the noise level was low considering its proximity to Bourbon street. It wasn't until a closer inspection (i.e. closing the door adjoining the den and my bedroom) that I noticed the thick layer of dusk VISIBLY coating the carpet. I checked the bottom of my feet - sure enough, they were already turning black from less than an hour of walking on carpet in my OWN HOTEL ROOM. We had to lay towels under my dress to keep it clean.

Finally, I have been wrapped up in a charges dispute with the hotel since departing. They charged my card for close to 200 dollars of unauthorized charges. Trying to talk to management has been little help - they asked us to contact relatives for receipts to prove payment for things we never should have been charged for. Unreal. I spoke with the hotel manager (Percy) at length about all of these complaints, and he never apologized. Not once.

It's your call where you book a hotel, but why book here? There are better hotels in the area for similar prices that will treat you nicer and not leave you refuting charges on checkout.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Truly disappointed to read of your recent experience here at the Astor during your special weekend. Certainly not the memories we wanted to create for you for your wedding. I hope the billing issues have been corrected and if not please feel free to contact me. We are truly sorry for the expereince and wish to apologize for your stay. Rest assured your comments will be shared with our Executive Team and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans? Share your experiences!