“Right in the french quarter” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Richelieu in the French Quarter

You added Le Richelieu in the French Quarter to your Saves list
Le Richelieu in the French Quarter
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1234 Chartres St., New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #42 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Fremont, California
“Right in the french quarter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel is right in the french quarter, a walk away from bourbon street, french market, St.Louis cathedral.For the location, the price could not be beat.They have actual room keys which I thought was charming. I have never seen actual hotel room keys anywhere in the US before! The house keeping was on time and did a great job. We were in the room to the side of the street so it was a little loud but nothing that would keep you awake the whole night! I also loved their adorable laundry bags they provide.I nicked a few for future trips!! Dont miss this place. It was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Bristol, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was taking my parents to New Orleans for the first time, and wanted something a bit different to the Best Western or Holiday Inn.
This place caught my eye because of the location and the fact that it looked like you were getting some classic old New Orleans accommodation, and I wasn't disappointed.
The place is incredible - the rooms are spacious with old style ceiling fans, which I love, but air con if you prefer. The atmosphere is amazing - I noticed on one review it said the place was supposed to be haunted and I could well believe it, as it is like stepping back into the past, but very peaceful and tranquil. I loved their pool, which is in a central courtyard - incredibly welcome at the end of a day spent touring around!!
Breakfast wasn't included in our price but is available in the breakfast room overlooking the pool, it's very reasonable with an extremely varied menu and I would certainly recommend it.
And I know it says in its description that it is close to the French Quarter, but we couldn't believe how close! Literally 1 minute's walk brings you to the beginning of the flea market area, and then you just keep on walking up towards the river, and you're there. Yet so quiet you wouldn't know you were in New Orleans at all.
This will be the only place we would stay if we go back to New Orleans, fabulous place, great people, just go!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was traveling for a fun weekend w/ 3 generations..twenty somethings, myself (40 something), and my mother who is seventy something. This hotel was absolutely perfect! The rooms were spacious and there is a charm about this hotel that is indescribable! We were only 2 blocks from Bourbon St., but still in a quiet residential area, which was the perfect place to get a little down time. Brian and Earnie (the bartenders) have both been w/ the hotel for over 30 years and REALLY know how to make an excellent bloody Mary! They top them with spicy pickled green beans, which are excellent. We ate breakfast one morning at the hotel - $12 for 2 eggs, bacon, grits and biscuits, which is a little pricey but it was good. We also ate at Coop's which was recommended by the hotel - very good! We got the coop's sample plate which consisted of red beans and rice, shrimp creole, rabbit and sausage jambalaya, and fried chicken. The fried chicken was excellent. The people next to us got shrimp po-boys and I was wishing I had gotten one - they were so full of shrimp, I'm not sure how they picked it up to eat it! Also, kudos to the night watchman at the hotel - he walked us over to Frenchman St. to hit a bar over there and was so nice!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Azle, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here in April 2012 and absolutely loved it. We paid for a room but were somehow chosen for an upgrade. The suite was so nice. It had a very comfortable living room, a small kitchen, and the bedroom and bath. It's supposed to be haunted, but we saw no ghosts. Maybe next time. One of the staff showed me the Paul McCartney suite, which was only slightly fancier than our suite. I believe we got a very good deal and I felt so safe with their large gated courtyard parking lot. Very secure. Extremely friendly staff.

Room Tip: The Le Richelieu is a great option if you're worried about parking in the French Quarter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stayed a night here. From the moment we walked in, it was a genuine Nola experience. From the french feel to the great location. Not to mention the excellent staff. I felt at home the whole time. Beds were comfortable. The ONLY negative was the wifi acted up a bit. That really isnt a problem. We will be back for sure.

Concho,AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Picked up their promo card at LA visitor center. Self on-site parking and good directions on card sold us for one night. After seeing the room and location in the French Quarter, decided to stay 3 nights. European influence throughout. Loved the high ceilings and comfortable bed. Staff very helpful upon arrival and whenever called upon after. Quiet street, easy stroll east to Frenchmen St. for food/bar/bands, or bargain shopping at French Market Place a block south. Could easily stayed longer. Breakfast (extra $) was good, crescent city charlie, eggs & bacon, with excellent service (other morning cafes within easy walking distance). Pool (clean and pleasant temp.) was very relaxing and refreshing after a day of walking the French Quarter. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor street side rooms have access to wrap around veranda (north and east side of building).
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oak Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband, daughter, her boyfriend and I stayed here in June for 4 days. We loved the location of Le Richelieu - a quiet, more residential section of the Quarter. It was close to Frenchman's Street and the French Market. The swimming pool was great, the rooms were fine, and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Le Richelieu in the French Quarter? Share your experiences!