Reading the review of competing travellers, I am baffled. Are we talking about the same place?
My first-floor room is 2.5m wide and 8m long, or something like that. The end of the room has heavy-curtained double doors to the balcony. Seemingly romantic, but the layers of curtains filter out almost all of the light that would otherwise enter the room---were it not that the windows are tiny.
So it's dark. And not too hot, fortunately: the airco is noisy, but then what would one expect from a machine which is definitely in its adult age, if not older. Its fan cannot be switched off, so jamming it with a coat hanger is the only way out---fortunately, that does not overheat the motor, so all is fine.
The balcony, which runs along the whole side of the hotel is shared with neighbours. Fine. Being nude in my room has them in for a surprise as they patrol in front of my room---apparently the curtains are not _that_ thick. I don't mind.
The bathroom is shabby, the amenities are good; I like a good bar of soap, and that is provided here.
A nuisance is the very, very poor internet. Reception is fine, but the throughput must be measured in bytes/s rather than kb/s.
The staff is unfriendly, correction: not friendly. Why am I paying over $150 per night in this place? But I realise there are worse rooms: when on the ground floor, it must be noisy with pedestrians and cars.
The location is good, at the far end of the french quarter, with a good breakfast place around the corner.
- Also Known As:
- Le Richelieu In The French Quarter Hotel New Orleans
- Le Richelieu In The French Quarter Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Richelieu is a small hotel, 85 rooms, located in the historic French Quarter. We have a cafe & bar which overlook our courtyard & swimming pool area. Our in-room amenities include private baths, satellite television, refrigerator, telephone with Free Wireless Internet, Free local calls, hairdryer, iron & full-size ironing board. We also feature Secure, Self Parking On Premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Le Richelieu in the French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.