“Hotel Smell” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #132 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Hotel Smell”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I didnt like this place. Ive seen worse, but this place smelled horrible- every where.
The room smelled very bad and so did the hallways and there were trash cans by the elevator, so you see and smell trash while waiting for the elevator.
That is gross and I really think management should find somewhere else for trash cans.

I didnt feel safe here and the beds had very creeky wooden box springs with dirty old comforters.
I was booked for 2 nights but canceled the second night. They better refund my card.

This hotel is not really for nightly visitors but more for weekly stays. Work crews and druggies in my opinion.

Oh- there IS a pet fee ! 10.00 a night or 50 for a week or longer.

I almost forgot , the first room they gave me was still dirty and some creep tried to pick me up in the parking lot while i was waiting for my fiance'.

Room Tip: dont get a smoking room, even if you smoke. i dont smoke but my bf does and the room smelled soooo b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Surprise, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

When I booked the room for a week for business I expected an ok hotel, but what I got was a hotel with many cockroaches in it. I also never had house keeping enter my room with in the whole week. The bed is comfortable and it does have a nice fridge and stove. It is a dirty hotel, but if you need it for a short time it may be worth the price. Be aware of the area it is located in befoer you purchase this hotel. All and all I would say the front desk was nice, but dont expect anything else other than a smile while you are there.

Room Tip: I would look at the room beofe you buy it. Also with the price does not include wi-fi you must pay f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

The times I stay every week has been great. I really enjoy myself. The hotel is great. The go above and beyond for my stay. It is always quiet there. They make sure that I have my reservation. I would recommend this to anyone

• Stayed September 2012
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

The room was great for a motel 6, wifi worked the whole time. There was no pet fee, which was great. It seemed really safe and quiet, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I traveled with my 3 kids while road tripping and we had an awesome time. The beds could have been more comfortable but all and all i was satisfied. The staff was great I loved that the young lady remembered our names and greeted us everytime. My youngest son was in love everytime she mentioned his name.

Room Tip: 1st floor is best if traveling with kids
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Was very clean and the service was great. Really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed April 2012
CHALMETTE,LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I must say the Studio 6 in New Orleans was probably to best hotel experience I have ever had!! Dreaux the General Manager and his staff including Danna and Christina were the most accomodating and gracious--true examples of that good old Southern hospitality we here soo much about but sometimes don't experience---this hotel literally will bend over backwards to make your stay most comfortable; I stayed during a transition time into a new home and needless to say that is stressful in itself but the staff definitely minimized an otherwise trying time! If you ever visit New Orleans please do look Dreaux and staff up----I am sure you will have an equally pleasurable experience as I did.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a kitchenette which is great if you like to cook!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Studio 6 New Orleans East? Share your experiences!