“Funny Smell, Good Rate” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Studio 6 New Orleans East

You added Studio 6 New Orleans East to your Saves list
Studio 6 New Orleans East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   12330 I-10 Service Rd, I-10 & Exit 245/Bullard Rd, New Orleans, LA 70128   |
Ranked #139 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Funny Smell, Good Rate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed for 6 nights during the final 4 in New Orleans(only because of the price). When first entering the room there is a strange smell in the room so I kept the window open to air out the room but it did not help. Also the maid did not service my room one night and I had to call the manager to make sure the room was serviced the next days. However the front desk staff was helpful and the room although small was clean.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I checked into the studio 6 extended stay for the NCAA championship game. The first problem with the hotel is they said we could check in at noon after standing in front of the counter while the employees talked to their friends on the desk phone for five minutes. When calling back at noon they said what they meant to say was one. We came back at one and waited another fifteen minutes for the same employees to stop conversating between each other, one being the operations manager. When finally getting into the room the smell was terrible and there were more problems. The shower curtain was missing, the screen to the window was broken so the window would not open, and the lamp above the table was broken and hanging upside down. Since we were in a hurry we called down to make sure we would not be charged for the damage. We showered then looked a little more into the room. Pulling back the blanket to the bed pubic hair was found covering the bed. That was enough so we called back down and asked for a refund. The lady said yes so we booked another room next door. When turning in the keys they then informed us the shower was used so there would be no refund. Nasty, disgusting, and unprofessional. I would suggust staying anywhere but the studio 6.

• Stayed April 2012
Humble, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Me and my work crew stayed here and in the first week our vehicles were broke into. If you want your vehicle broken into and every thing stolen then this is the place for you. The office personnel are rude and disrespectful and inconsiderate, my truck was stolen from there premises and all they can worry about is getting another day rental. Also they have no security.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We have stayed here before--this is our second visit. The motel is quiet and about a 15 minute drive to the French Quarter. Parking is free, unlike downtown hotels. Our studio was fresh and clean---fully equipped kitchen, table and chairs, queen bed, etc. This is a good budget alternative for travelers with a car who don't mind driving into town and are not looking for luxury. We found parking in the Quarter for $6 a day---no problem. The motel has a coin laundry---wifi was $5 per week. Fast food nearby. They allow pets---occasionally we heard a dog barking.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room which is not near pets who might bark.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

more room than motel comes with kitchen and utensils chair bed frig and range hard to beat at the price just remember this is not a hyatt or marriott also about 1/2 of this motel is rented to long term oil workers i did not have a problem but some people might all in all if you have pets and need a cheap sleep the weekly rates are unbeatable was with wife and we would stay here again

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that, it's convenietly located off I-10 E. The carpet, towels, bed linens, and mattress are worn, old and stained. I was there for Memorial Day weekend. I needed fresh towels for my Sunday Morning Shower but the office was closed until noon and they have an answering service answering the phones. The Hotel smelled like they soaked the building in Fabouloso Cleanser (yuk).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

I originally booked this room for 4 days, and I was ready to leave....and did, in one.
Problems:
1) In other studio 6's, you can park your car next to door of room to unpack/repack your car. Here you must enter with all your stuff thru the lobby and down the hall to room. Lots of work when you have a cooler/dog etc.
2) The rooms smell. Not their fault, mostly from Katrina flooding. Smells strongly of must/mildew, or cigarette smoke (even nonsmoking rooms)....and I tried a bunch of rooms. The smell was so bad I didn't want to touch anything, everything seems dirty although it looked OK. They even have nice new granite counter tops.
3) Lots of large groups of construction crews stay here, not very conducive to a wholesome,homey feel.
4) I have a dog, I sympathize with how difficult it must be to keep things smelling good, but I swore the hallways smelled like dog duty.
5) I was traveling with my dog and the areas to allow her to go to the bathroom in were awful, so full of dog poop you couldn't walk into them. And the smell, forget about it! I realize some people don't pick up after their pets but the staff should make an attempt to clean the grounds up every once in a while.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I feel bad for their situation, with the flooding and all what can they do. I would recommend ripping out all the carpeting!
I ended up leaving early and renting a condo in the city, immaculately clean and odor free. I absolutely loved the rest of my stay and look forward to going again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Studio 6 New Orleans East? Share your experiences!