“I really wanted to like it” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save now in New Orleans
Ranked #90 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Rochelle, Illinois
“I really wanted to like it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Somethings can't be controlled by management like there having been hundreds of teenage girls staying in the hotel. Others can like good housekeeping staff. When we checked in there were no towels in the room. Then our room wasn't really cleaned from Sunday until Wednesday and the halls were filthy. There was a big glob on the floor in the hallway and I asked them to clean it three times. The housekeepers all talk very loudly at 8:30, it almost seems they are having a party. Finally I spoke to the manager and I was reconciled. Nice guy but I don't think the hotel has the staff to handle these huge unruly crowds. Breakfast was good and the lady who runs it so friendly. I like the location and that the rooms were quiet when the teenage girls wre not running the halls screaming. Didn't like that I had to park 2 blocks away because there weren't enough spaces. But the parking garage was cheaper.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Brittanee B, Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We appreciate all feedback, whether positive or negative because it lets us know the areas we need to improve in and the areas we are doing well in. I am extremely sorry about the problems you experienced while you were here. We have taken your comments very seriously and have already addressed them while you were at our hotel.

I agree, our breakfast staff are very friendly. They always make sure we start our day off on a good note.

Thank you again for your response, and hopefully we will see you and your family again when you are in New Orleans.

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Visiting New Orleans in the downtown warehouse district you have to expect the crowds, shortage of parking etc...HOWEVER, I did not know that at this hotel they had limited parking in their garage. So upon our arrival, we were told that we would have to park 2 blocks away AFTER we just drove 6 hours to get there...OH, heck no! This is where a nice front desk lady named Shannon stepped in...she told us that she was sorry for the inconvenience and offered her parking spot to us so we wouldn't have to park 2 blocks away! Thank you Shannon for showing us that real true customer service is not dead. Overall, the hotel was good. My toliet ran after it was flushed, but I jiggled the handle a lil and it stopped...nothing major to me. Everything else was awesome...the breakfast, the people, the location...and we WALKED everywhere because everything was RIGHT there. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would say confirm that you have a parking space reserved "BEFORE" your arrival. Parking...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I agree, Shannon is a gem and we are proud to have her as a member of our staff. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us enough to take time out of your schedule to write a comment. We hope to see you again the next time you are in New Orleans.
Killen, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Located in the Warehouse District in downtown New Orleans, the SpringHill Suites is situated close to public transportation, restaurants, and entertainment. We stayed here twice in July; just before and after our Carnival cruise that departed from the port only a few blocks away. The design of the hotel matches well with the local architecture, tastefully combining exposed brick and wood beams with the modern style typical of SpringHill properties. The staff is friendly and helpful but a bit slow; something you should be prepared for in "The Big Easy". The rooms are clean and quiet, the complementary breakfast was good, and the pool was nice but small. The hotel seemed crowded on both visits - particularly during breakfast. Also, parking is very limited, so be prepared to find alternate parking. Overall, a good hotel with only minor inconvienences.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Clinton Twp. MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for the the Fourth of July weekend, with all of the chaos of getting around the city the hotel staff was excellent and courteous, the rooms were clean and ready and spacious, the morning breakfast buffet was good and plentiful. The hotel was walking distance to the convention center and restaurants and the Riverwalk shopping outlet. Valet parking was offered for the Special event for 30.00 a day and no problems getting in and out of the lot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Fort Drum, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Decent value for a hotel located downtown and within walking distance of the French Quarter and other attractions. The room we had was overlooking the inner courtyard and was very quiet. Breakfast was good, the usual hotel fare, but very very crowded and full of rude pushy people.
My biggest complaint is the parking. I was told the only parking available was valet for $30 a day. I have a full size Ram truck and the girl had a lot of trouble getting it out of the parking lot. It was also challenging to even find a valet to go get the vehicle when we needed it, as they always seemed to be out doing something else.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rodney D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I also think that we are conveniently located to most of the attractions in the city and if we aren’t it’s just a short street car ride away. I am really happy that you and your family could enjoy some time together and the Springhill Suites by Marriott was able to help make it a memorable event. Until we see you again, we wish you safe travels.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Upon checking into hotel on Friday, June 27th; there was no parking available. Therefore, we had to park 1 block away in parking deck for $20 per day. The next morning when parking became available, I was given a parking pass @ appox. 3:30pm. My husband and I met my brother in law and hung out downtown. While we were out on the town, I read the parking pass and it clearly stated "if you do not use, please return to prevent charges". So upon returning to the hotel around 10:30pm; I went to the front desk to return pass at which time Jonathan stated he would have to charge me for a half-day. I asked how could that be when we NEVER moved our car from parking deck. He then stated the hotel had reserved that space for us and it could not be sold to anyone else therefore we needed to pay $15. I stated to him, this was not advised to us at time when parking pass was given and I requested the manager. Jonathan then became belligerent and told me this was the managers rule and that he would tell me the same thing. Luckily, another customer was checking in and ask if she could have the pass; in which the other young man at the counter stated this guest could get the parking pass to alleviate the situation. So now at this time, my husband asked did I get everything taken care of? While talking to my husband and explaining the situation, Jonathan decides he wants to intervene in my conversation with my husband by saying "ma'am why are you still got to be talking about the parking pass and whats the big issue"? Really? I stated to Jonathan, I am talking to my husband and my conversation with you was long over. Well wouldn't you know, he decided he wanted to argue with me and my husband in front of other hotel guest. Just being being argumentative and rude to the point where the other young man had to ask him to stop. This was unacceptable on all levels, employee arguing with hotel guest....REALLY!!! Now the company I work for does extremely a lot of business with Marriott hotels, we are one of their corporate accounts and customer service is a must. Jonathan has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE skills at all, he is very rude and obnoxious just because maybe he thinks he can. I will definitely be writing a letter to the corporate offices about this instance and request customer service training for Jonathan. So BEWARE if you stay at this hotel and comes in contact with Jonathan (who also pretends to be the night manager); you may or may not receive customer service. I don't care if the parking had been free, under no circumstances will I accept disrespect from anyone. My experience was pleasant until I met Jonathan. Kudos to Kim and Nora, they were the best!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Brittanee B, Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I am very sorry that you had this experience at our hotel. I assure you that this is not the norm for our guests. We are currently investigating the situation, as we want to make sure that everyone has the best experience possible at our hotel. Although we do require payment for a spot if it has been held, you should have been treated with understanding and respect. If you would like to talk about this situation further, please contact me directly at the hotel.
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed one night close to French Quarters. Large room good breakfast great friendly staff see Shannon at the front desk she was a saint she told us where to go and get great food. The pool is a kind of small but the hot tub was a treat. I would stay here again. There is a club around the cornor that stay open late did not bother me though not in the room sleeping very much.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to SpringHill Suites New Orleans Convention Center? Share your experiences!