“Good hotel, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save now in New Orleans
Ranked #90 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Fort Drum, NY
“Good hotel, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Decent value for a hotel located downtown and within walking distance of the French Quarter and other attractions. The room we had was overlooking the inner courtyard and was very quiet. Breakfast was good, the usual hotel fare, but very very crowded and full of rude pushy people.
My biggest complaint is the parking. I was told the only parking available was valet for $30 a day. I have a full size Ram truck and the girl had a lot of trouble getting it out of the parking lot. It was also challenging to even find a valet to go get the vehicle when we needed it, as they always seemed to be out doing something else.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Upon checking into hotel on Friday, June 27th; there was no parking available. Therefore, we had to park 1 block away in parking deck for $20 per day. The next morning when parking became available, I was given a parking pass @ appox. 3:30pm. My husband and I met my brother in law and hung out downtown. While we were out on the town, I read the parking pass and it clearly stated "if you do not use, please return to prevent charges". So upon returning to the hotel around 10:30pm; I went to the front desk to return pass at which time Jonathan stated he would have to charge me for a half-day. I asked how could that be when we NEVER moved our car from parking deck. He then stated the hotel had reserved that space for us and it could not be sold to anyone else therefore we needed to pay $15. I stated to him, this was not advised to us at time when parking pass was given and I requested the manager. Jonathan then became belligerent and told me this was the managers rule and that he would tell me the same thing. Luckily, another customer was checking in and ask if she could have the pass; in which the other young man at the counter stated this guest could get the parking pass to alleviate the situation. So now at this time, my husband asked did I get everything taken care of? While talking to my husband and explaining the situation, Jonathan decides he wants to intervene in my conversation with my husband by saying "ma'am why are you still got to be talking about the parking pass and whats the big issue"? Really? I stated to Jonathan, I am talking to my husband and my conversation with you was long over. Well wouldn't you know, he decided he wanted to argue with me and my husband in front of other hotel guest. Just being being argumentative and rude to the point where the other young man had to ask him to stop. This was unacceptable on all levels, employee arguing with hotel guest....REALLY!!! Now the company I work for does extremely a lot of business with Marriott hotels, we are one of their corporate accounts and customer service is a must. Jonathan has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE skills at all, he is very rude and obnoxious just because maybe he thinks he can. I will definitely be writing a letter to the corporate offices about this instance and request customer service training for Jonathan. So BEWARE if you stay at this hotel and comes in contact with Jonathan (who also pretends to be the night manager); you may or may not receive customer service. I don't care if the parking had been free, under no circumstances will I accept disrespect from anyone. My experience was pleasant until I met Jonathan. Kudos to Kim and Nora, they were the best!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Brittanee B, Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I am very sorry that you had this experience at our hotel. I assure you that this is not the norm for our guests. We are currently investigating the situation, as we want to make sure that everyone has the best experience possible at our hotel. Although we do require payment for a spot if it has been held, you should have been treated with understanding and respect. If you would like to talk about this situation further, please contact me directly at the hotel.
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed one night close to French Quarters. Large room good breakfast great friendly staff see Shannon at the front desk she was a saint she told us where to go and get great food. The pool is a kind of small but the hot tub was a treat. I would stay here again. There is a club around the cornor that stay open late did not bother me though not in the room sleeping very much.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed here over the past weekend and I was very pleased with my stay. Checkin was quick and painless, the staff was uber friendly and offered some great suggestions for food/drinks. Rooms were spacious, clean and well appointed. I didn't get up in time to eat breakfast but it was included so there's points for that as well. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed with wife and two adult children, the room was a sweet with two king beds and a pullout sofa. There was plenty of room for everyone! Room came with a microwave and fridge with a sink. Hotel was very conveniently located, within walking distance of the cruise port, convention center, and streetcar transit. The breakfast was decent and even with the usual craziness of morning crowd, there is no lack of food. Front desk staff was also very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again. You have to pay for parking but it's cheaper than the other paid lots downtown, small lot first come first serve.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor room, avoid ground floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mount Prospect, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our family of 6 found this place on an internet search. For around $115 a night (plus $25 parking), we got a suite with two queens and a pullout couch. It was a short few blocks to the riverside streetcar, which quickly took us to the quarter. Clean hotel with impressive breakfast spread.

Layout of hotel was a bit confusing, and we did have quite a hike from the elevator to our room, but it really wasn't an issue for us.

For the space and the price, it was a great fit for us.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I would like to give a special commend to two employees:maurice jenkins shannon for friendliness and helpfulness.They adviced us very good,always a great serves with a smile,make us feel we can openly talk to them.They were very respectful to us.
Ana Saje and Eva Kljun

• Stayed June 2014
Rodney D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for recognizing both Shannon and Maurice. We have singled them out for doing it right and delivering on our service promise to our guest. Your recognition has placed them in first place in an incentive program that we have in place for our team members. We are all grateful for your comments and we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to New Orleans.

Been to SpringHill Suites New Orleans Convention Center? Share your experiences!