“Good Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Royal St Charles Hotel

You added Royal St Charles Hotel to your Saves list
Royal St Charles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Clarion Collection Royal St Charles Hotel)   |
Ranked #75 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Bear, Delaware
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel provided the basics you could need in a hotel (clean, great location, and friendly staff). The room was a VERY small but no big deal. There were minor issues (light didn't shower had trouble draining). Good place if you are only staying for a few nights and want to be close to the main attractions. I cant complain because I got a really good deal on hotwire. I think If I had paid full price through the hotel, I would have been disappointed. The coffee shop inside the hotel was a bonus

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed week of 2/22. This hotel has 'inside' room...in other words, rooms with NO windows. When I check in there were no 'window' rooms available. I was told to check back in the morning and I would be moved. The next morning, I was assured that they were full and there would be no rooms available. After expressing my disappointment and saying I would move hotels, there would be a room available later that day. I must say, others that I was with didn't mind the no windows...but I seriously couldn't have stayed another night. I received a call about 2:00 that my new room was ready. On the 3rd day, after returning from working all day, my room was not cleaned. There was a note under the door that said I had requested it not be cleaned, and if I needed towels, etc to call the front desk. I stopped at the front desk with the note and stated that I did not request not to have the room cleaned. This was about 6:30....I was told, quite rudely, that I must have hung the 'do not disturb' sign out, I did not! I would believe this was just an error, if it hadn't happened to another person in our group. No problems after that..location is good to Bourbon St. There is a coffee shop in the lobby, but no restaurant or bar. I wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I almost did'nt book this hotel because of some of the negative reviews, however, if there is one thing I've learned over the years, it's not to believe everything you read. I'm happy that I did'nt listen to all the negative people. They must be extremely picky because I found this hotel to be quite comfortable and convenient for the price. It's literally feet from the parade route and you can actually see the parades from the lobby if you'd like. The staff was very attentive and helpful. I could not ask for much more from a hotel with such great prices and great location.

Room Tip: I had a balcony room which had some street noise but not much considering it was Mardi Gras.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Jefferson, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Very, very disappointed - check in clerk was very rude -I informed the clerk that I called prior to checking in, and requested a room with double beds because I had two extra guest with us. She gave me a room with a queen bed and a roll-away bed. She would not upgrade me to a room with two double beds. I told her that I would report this to management. She pointed out to me that my printed reservation did not state that the room would have double beds. I am a disabled veteran from the military with injuries to my back and neck. I did not sleep well on a roll - away bed. Rooms are over priced for the size, very small room, and there was no refrigerator or window. I would never book another reservation with this hotel. I should get a refund for what I paid.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I was very impressed by the hotel. The location was great, we had a great room my honey and I slept like babies, and the service given to us by the hotel concierge Amanda was awesome. She gave us directions, told us how we could get an all day pass for $3-$5 to ride the street cars. The room was a little small, but hey it was our first time in NOLA and we planned on having fun and we DID!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor our first time but was a pretty nice room.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very disappointed with the service and amenities. Check in personnel weren't friendly or helpful. Cleaning services were terrible. We had to find bags to empty garbage left behind by housekeeping. Rooms do not have a refrigerator included. $25 fee a day for a refrigerator. Beds are very uncomfortable and small. No room service. Extremely disappointed will not book again

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We parked our car in valet and never drove it until our departure. Extremely friendly staff was an added bonus. Now for the bad, the rooms were extremely tight and the beds were quite uncomfortable. Valet parking was ridiculously high...would think they would give their guests a little more of a break.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better!!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal St Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!