“So happy with our stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal St Charles Hotel

Save Saved
You added Royal St Charles Hotel to your Saves list
Royal St Charles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Clarion Collection Royal St Charles Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Savings Up To 30%
Ranked #70 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Austin, Texas
“So happy with our stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Best hotel I've stayed in New Orleans! The location is great, the front desk people were always SUPER helpful, and our hotel room was amazing. Comfortable bed, great view, awesome bathroom. Every time I called they would answer the phone rather quickly and I have nothing but good things to say about the staff. Bought the stay through Groupon but will definitely be coming back. We were sad to leave our hotel room!

Only cons I can think of are the hotel parking which is about two blocks from the hotel, and the bed sheets didn't breath too well, but we turned up the a/c and the problem was solved.

Room Tip: 303 was perfect for two people (King size bed) the room was a little on the small side, but everythi...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We had a great time at the Royal St. Charles!! We booked our room through Groupon for a steal...5 nights for $402. We were always greeted leaving and coming in. Janea the concierge was awesome, she told us where everything was and it was in walking distance. The location is phenomenal!! Bourbon street, Jackson square, the riverwalk...everything is right there.
I gave it a 4 star because the rooms are very small, but comfy. There are no vending machines in the hotel so we had to buy juices from the near by Walgreens and there was no ice on the 3rd floor. However, we enjoyed our stay :) loved NOLA!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Charleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I am 28 years old male and picky with that, The staff is very helpful and friendly. It's within walking distance to everything. Rooms are small but clean. Pjs coffee is ok but makes the whole lobby smell great

• Stayed August 2014
Pensacola Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'd like to think of myself as a well seasoned traveler, domestically and internationally. I'm not a hard person to please. I don't nitpick the tiny stuff and I realize sometimes things happen on trips that are totally out of the control of the hotels. Murphy's Law right? With that said, in all my 20 years of staying in hotels, I've never come across a group of more rudely, unhelpful, front desk people (and I've been to France) than I have encountered, here at this particular establishment. Hotwire users are clearly not welcomed here. But first things first, I'll start off with the ONLY 2 good things about this place, the location and the valet guys. The location is decent, 5 minute walk to Bourbon St., close to the Riverwalk. Valet guys were super nice, parking is $32 or you can self park for $16, 3 blocks from hotel(we just used valet). That's it for the good things.
Check-in, we weren't greeted when we came in, no smile, no "Hello", very little eye contact just "Name please" and obvious attitude from the chick at the front desk. It wasn't busy so not sure why all three chicks at the counter looked so miserable checking in other guest, but you could tell that they really didn't want to be there. TIP, SMILE. It makes even the most unattractive somewhat pleasant looking. Anywho, we just wanted to get our vacay started. I got a great rate on Hotwire for only $75 a night. When I booked, I made sure the room was to sleep 3 adults. We get to our "room" and when I say room, I mean closet with 1 bed. Small is an understatement. No window, just a plexiglass cutout. "Is this a joke?" MTV cancelled "Punk'd" some time ago and if my math is correct, 3 people cant sleep a Queen bed comfortably, well...they can, but this is not that type of vacation. Go back down to front desk, explain the mix-up and Miss I Cant Smile # 2 sees what she can do. Types frantically on the keyboard(probably really playing Candy Crush) " Sorry, we dont have any other rooms" she mumbles and walks away. Really? So now Im on the phone with Hotwire because my fine print confirmation page states that the room has to sleep the number of guests booked. I booked 3 adults. Hotwire calls hotel, on the phone for a good 30 minutes and is told the same thing. Sold out and my only option is to pay an extra $50 for a rollaway bed. Unacceptable and now Hotwire and hotel are blaming each other for the mix-up. "May I speak to a manager please?" Miss I Cant Smile #2 goes to get Miss I Cant Smile But Can Look At You Crazy #3. I explain our situation to her and she gets the General manager. Both proceed to tell me there is nothing they will do and they pretty much blame for booking thru Hotwire and not them. I was told that I got the room for $75 a night and its not their problem that we have 1 bed and had I book thru the hotel site, I wouldn't have this problem ( and probably a window in my room). Hotwire offered to reimburse me for the charges of the rollaway bed, something the Hotel not once offered. But its not even about that as I would've gladly paid for it myself. It was the fact that the front desk staff was so rude, and indifferent and I will never stay here again. BEWARE.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Outstanding coffee, great location, cool decor and friendly staff at the coffee shop attached to this hotel. I can't say enough good things about a retail establishment that will give a free coffee for writing a trip advisor review.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived in town not having a place to stay, but wanted to be close to the French Quarter. We had checked other neighboring hotels that were more expensive, and not near as nice as the Royal St. Charles. Not only was the hotel extremely clean and nice, but the staff was the best we encountered anywhere. They bent over backwards to help you in anyway, and to make the stay a memorable one. The bellhop refused any money, and simply wanted to help. Amazing! I wish I could remember all of the wonderful staff people's names, but, unfortunately, the only one I remember is Amanda.
You do have to pay for parking, but again, it's cheaper than neighboring hotels, and you don't need your car while you're there, as you can easily walk or take the trolley to wherever you would like to go.
The rooms are small, but extremely nice and clean. We didn't mind the sixe at all, as we wanted to be out exploring the city!

We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am glad I choose this particular hotel!! The customer service was outstanding!!! Director of Group Sales gave great hotel rates that couldn't be beat!!! The location was on point!!! I highly recommend people to stay @ this hotel. The only reason it did not receive 5 Stars was because the rooms didn't have a microwave nor a refridgerator in them. Other than that, it was outstanding!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Royal St Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!