“GREAT HOTEL LOVED MY STAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal St Charles Hotel

Save Saved
You added Royal St Charles Hotel to your Saves list
Royal St Charles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Clarion Collection Royal St Charles Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Savings Up To 20%
Ranked #76 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
“GREAT HOTEL LOVED MY STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is amazing among many things. .once I arrived they greeted me right away with first class service and gave me my room right away. It was pouring down raining on the day that I visited and they gave me an umbrella that saved my new hair doo and life. .I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend others to do so. .Great hotel and i really enjoyed my stay. . 5 star quality. .

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent one night here and were amazed at the cleanliness and modern features of the hotel. Yes the rooms were small but they were completely updated and the hotel inside and out was spotless despite its surroundings. The staff was very friendly and accommodating as well.

• Stayed July 2014
Liberty Hill, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Really good location, right on the trolley. 2 blks from the French Quarter. Easy check in, although there was a value added tax to our room of $9.95 and park was a little high at $32 per night. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed at Royal St. Charles from 07/03-07/07 and I enjoyed every minute of my experience. The front desk staff was always pleasant and greeted me each day upon arrival and departure. My room (#409) was perfect. It was a comfortable size, clean and had a view that overlooked Gravier street. The location was great and the price per night was competitive. At night, the hotel had a make shift bar which was a nice addition to the vibrant atmosphere. I will definitely return in the future.. Thanks to the staff for making my visit so enjoyable!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window facing Gravier Street. I did not hear the Trolley at all.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just returned from New Orleans and the Royal St Charles. The hotel was very busy over the Fourth of July weekend and after a long drive we arrived tired and ready to check in. The front desk was very helpful in getting us in a room timely. They gave us the option of checking in immediately to an inside room or waiting for a room with a window. We decided to go with the inside room. The hotel was very clean but the room was small but you don't go to New Orleans to stay in the room. The hotel was a less than five minute walk to Bourbon street. The only issue we had was that we had to request bath towels after the cleaning crew serviced the room but the hotel was very responsive in providing towels once we requested them. I would definitely stay in the hotel in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very easy to get around from this location. Be prepared for some hidden costs that are not included in your original booking of your room. It is a resort fee that is $9.95 per day and gives you access to the gym, Wi Fi etc. We stayed on the 5th floor. The streetcar rail is right in front of the hotel. If you are a light sleeper you might consider ear plugs. If you sleep like a rock, you are all good. Two options for parking. Self park and Valet. Very friendly staff at the desk and valet desk. Modern comfortable lobby with a coffee shop named PJ's. Good coffee and a variety of fruits and muffins etc. Overall a very good option to the higher priced national chains in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bismarck, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

For a great value in a prime location, you must visit the Royal St. Charles. Close to the French Quarter, it makes an excellent home base for a stay in NOLA. Rooms are snug, but modern and clean. But what makes this hotel special is the responsiveness and friendliness of the staff. I've stayed all over the world and always look for a hotel that is staffed by people who look me in the eye and genuinely act like they want me in their establishment.

The staff at the Royal St. Charles was top of the line. Perhaps a bit understaffed, they still got the job done and made the whole experience a personal one. Special kudo's to Ralph, who at times was so busy we thought he belonged in a Cirque du Soleil act, but we actually skipped an appointment to stop and talk with him. He gave us great tips on restaurants, directions to key locations, and, by the time we had to leave, I wanted to take him home with me. He kissed my wife's hand and gave me two hugs and sent us off with "Y'all are good people." Back at you, Ralph. We love you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal St Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!