“beautiful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal St Charles Hotel

Save Saved
You added Royal St Charles Hotel to your Saves list
Royal St Charles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Clarion Collection Royal St Charles Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Savings Up To 20%
Ranked #74 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved our stay here, the staff were beautiful and so friendly, the decor was funky, the room was beautiful and clean and its so close to everything, it was wonderful to check into this place after driving for so long.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I wound up staying here because I got a great price. When I checked in, I found out that I had been upgraded to a junior suite, which was outstanding. The bed was about the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The staff was extremely friendly, which I consider a huge plus whenever i review any business. My only gripe is that they charge a mandatory $10 fee for use of the hotel's amenities, whether you use them or not, which I didn't. The amenities, by the way, aren't anything more than what you would find in most hotels.

Overall, it's a great hotel with an awesome staff, and I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Awesome location,one block from Canal street, trolley stop right by the hotel. Service wonderful. Check in at 11,which was a plesant surprise. Our plane on the way back was at 8pm and we wanted to stau a few hours longer, no provlem. They offered us a discount and we very understanding to our situation.

TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The room is a bit small, but clean. Walking distance to everywhere. The price was pretty reasonable. We didn't spend a lot of time in our room/hotel. It was a bit difficult to find overnight parking close by, so we paid the valet fee of $25 (I think). The valet service was ok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel during the Jazz Festival in April. The location is perfect and our room was very stylish and clean. Our room was indeed small and a little tight but it provided all the necessities that any New Orleans traveler would need...a clean bed and a clean bathroom. I believe that the location and the hospitality of the staff makes up the considerably small room. The price was reasonable and I would definitely book here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel July 19th-20th. Chelsea was the check in clerk and she was very helpful. This hotel is located right in the center of everything. There is a trolley stop right out front and a coffee shop in the lobby. We had a junior suite. Two adults and two children, plenty of room. Very clean hotel and close to all the action. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Average hotel but the location was great. Walking distance to everything you would want to see while in New Orleans or an easy trolley/bus ride to the different sites around New Orleans. The rooms seem to be made for one person only or for those who don't plan on spending much time in the room itself. No restaurant on site but plenty of restaurants in the area that deliver. I found the room to be a little dusty and somewhat worn, closet and dresser space are lacking. Thank goodness I got a room with a window, I don't think I would have survived without one, even though the window was dirty and faced a parking lot. The TV had bad satilite reception, maybe it was just the cable in my room. The staff was nice, lobby was clean. No pool, I didn't use the gym-it looked very small. I found the hotel to be very cold, that's good when your coming in from the heat outside but it gets to be uncomfortable. Overall if I didn't go on this trip with a group, I would not have choose this hotel because of the lack of amenities and small rooms.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Royal St Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!