“Boutique Hotel-Convenience Galore!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Royal St Charles Hotel to your Saves list
Travelocity Booking.com
Royal St Charles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Clarion Collection Royal St Charles Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Savings Up To 20%
Ranked #72 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Marrero, Louisiana
“Boutique Hotel-Convenience Galore!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

If you are traveling to New Orleans, then a unique opportunity awaits you at the Royal St. Charles Hotel at 135 St. Charles ave. NOLA. This hotel is quite quaint and full of luxury. I stayed in a "King-Balcony" room and absolutely loved it. The place was clean and inviting, the room was relaxing. The Streetcar line is right outside the front door, and the concierge was also available to secure a taxi for us. This is not your average hotel------it's sooooo much more. It's truly as hospitable as New Orleans itself. Do yourself a favor, plan your next stay at the Royal St. Charles. Close to French Quarter, Downtown museum and shops.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The trip was awesome and the weather couldn't have been better. New Orleans is an amazing city full of very lively and colorful people who know how to enjoy life. The hotel was a beautiful little boutique hotel and was located on St. Charles and Common St. It is seriously only one block from Bourbon Street in case you have a little too much grenades, hurricanes, and fish bowls (so about a 2-5 minute walk to the beginning of Bourbon Street). The hotel staff were very helpful and although check-in is late and the rooms are somewhat small the hotel is a great deal and I would highly recommend. Other expenses make up for the cheapness of the hotel like the 10/night fee for internet, phone, and a in-room safe no matter if you use it or not they charge you. On top on that there was suppose to be free long distance that was a lie! Also, don't get me started about parking but that's not really the hotel's fault the city is just small and busy with lots of things going on driving is impossible and parking is ridiculous in pricing, location, and quality. The best deal is to self park for $16-$22/night which adds up very fast is you nervous about parking in tight spaces with crazy narrow 2-ways valet parking was $32/night. Valet by the way is very friendly I did not receive their services but one of the guys (which was attractive may I add) took my bags to the car anyways! I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone looking for something affordable and close to the French Quarter but still far enough that all the Bourbon Street noises cant disturb you (although there are lots of drunk people that also book this hotel so they might disturb you if your a light sleeper). I never had a problem with the cleaning services my room was cleaned everyday and the staff greeted my whenever I met up with them. There is a coffee place by the lobby never got coffee there but it smelt so delicious and I'm not even a coffee drinker!

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I loved this hotel! We stayed here for the last Saints game of the 2012 season, and it was very convenient. We valet'ed our car (I can't remember how much it cost) and didn't have to take it out until after the game. We were able to walk anywhere we needed to go. We walked to bourbon, the casino, Cafe Du Monde, the Superdome, etc. The room that we stayed in was quite small but perfect for 2 people. I loved the modern interior! I do not have one complaint about this hotel and will be staying here in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel was remodled and what a beautiful job they did with the modern feel and wonderful lighting. It's great that they have PJ's coffee in the lobby but, our concierge, Diana, was the best! And I mean the best! Her heart and soul was pored into assisting us on our stay. She guided us daily to get the most of our stay in a professional and fun manner. I can't say enough about her guidance and how fortunate the hotel is to have her her! What a great place to stay!

Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Unlike the previous review elaietheo, my expierence was wonderful. The front desk supervisor, Chelsea May could not do enough for us to make sure our stay was comfortable. It's across the st. from the JWMarriott at half the price. The street car stops right outside the door. We opted out of the $29. resort fee, which is an option.The concierge in the lobby was very helpful. There is a coffee shop that has wine,beer,pastries and different coffees. With all the excellent resaurants in New Orleans, the fact that they dom not have a full service restaurant is not a deal breaker

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is my second year staying at this property while in town for Jazzfest. Last year I was perfectly happy but the room was dated. This year it was a bit more expensive but everything had been renovated. I had a room with a sitting room that had a 2nd TV and a couch as well as windows all around the rooms.The staff at check-in could not have been nicer and a special thank you to Diana, the concierge, who checked on the progress of my shuttle for my return to the airport. This hotel is just outside of The French Quarter,which happily is close enough to everything but just far enough from the noise and crowds. There are two drug stores within 2-3 blocks of the hotel, so if you need snacks it's easy to get them - but c'mon folks you're in New Orleans - go out and eat!!!! Can't wait until next year!

Room Tip: The higher up - the less sound from the street!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Pascagoula, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We got a great deal staying at this hotel! After arriving, we were greeted with the friendly smiles of the staff. After using valet for my car, I explained to the valet guy how my back doors were broke and sometimes did not lock back. The guy assured me that they would take care of everything and make sure my doors were locked. From the second floor balcony, I observed the guy move my car and before going inside he checked EVERY door to make sure they were locked. It's the little things that go the distance for customers! My only complaint is that the shower did not have enough pressure and the trolley was loud. All in all, thumbs up to the Royal St. Charles Hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal St Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!