“Great Value - Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal St Charles Hotel

Save Saved
You added Royal St Charles Hotel to your Saves list
Royal St Charles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Clarion Collection Royal St Charles Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Savings Up To 20%
Ranked #76 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Anna, TX
“Great Value - Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had requested a room with a balcony about three months prior to our booking, but got a tiny room with no window. It took a bit of talking with the desk before we were upgraded to a suite. The recent renovation gave the hotel a real kick upward. While you're there ask about the Hobnobber which is just around the corner. It's a hole in the wall with great, great food, friendly service and cheap prices.

Book the St. Charles but demand a balcony when you book it and have your call documentation ready just in case. You will leave with a smile on your face after your stay.

Room Tip: Once again - Do whatever it takes for a balcony when you make your reservations.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

When I arrived to the property, I was forced to pay more money for the room I pre-booked with a mandatory resort fee. This wouldn't bother me if it was optional but it wasn't.

The person checking me in looked like she would rather be anywhere else than checking me in. When we get to the hotel, it is freezing cold and NO WINDOW. I asked to be changed to a window room but that would have been an extra 15$ per night. She just changed me to a different, less cold room with NO WINDOW. This was really annoying as the weather was changing and rainy, and couldn't look outside to see if I needed an umbrella or what not.

At 4:00 am in the morning, a random guest at the hotel came into our room, and we had to wake up and say that we already have this room. The front desk lady must of forgotten to put in the computer that we changed rooms.

Still worth noting, but not so bothersome, is the decorations are tacky.
Location is good and bed is comfortable are the positives, but I would never come back to this property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised from the moment I stepped into the property. The lobby is fun and energetic - a true New Orleans vibe. The location is perfect for both business and pleasure travel. I found the coffee shop in the lobby to be a great amenity. My room was a great size and the finishes were beautiful - much nicer than I was expecting from a boutique hotel. The staff was super friendly and really helpful. All-in, a fantastic property and great value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brigantine, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent 3 nights in a recently renovated, very reasonably priced jr suite on the 6th floor. it was small but clean. Bathroom is basic, but the bed was comfortable and we appreciated the three windows in our corner location and the nice city views. Quite a few of the rooms are interior spaces. If a window is important to you, be sure and request.

Location is great. Two blocks to favorite spots in the French Quarter, but also easy access to the museums and St Charles street car. We will go back.

Room Tip: jr suite is quite a bit more spacious and still reasonably priced.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a great boutique hotel only one block from Bourbon St. Its very clean, Quiet and convenient without the crazy parting noise of Bourbon St. We highly recommend it to anyone wanting to enjoy The PArty but want to sleep too.

Room Tip: We stayed in 603 and had a great window view and great size.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was in New Orleans for the first time at the very beginning of Mardi gras I had no reservations and figured I would wing it. I had no clue the parades started as it was an unexpected trip and my first time there. I used kayak to find a place to stay for a decent price after being on the road for 8 hours. I am sooooooo glad I found the royal st Charles! The prices were decent and it had been recently renovated. I figured one night and if we didn't like it we could find something better. I stayed there the whole week! The room was small but the beds were soft and plush. The shower had the best water pressure ever! The room, lobby and halls were extremely clean. Although the room was small it was comfortable and nice. The real stars were the ladies at the front desk. Each one was behind pleasant and helpful and took care of my every need! Great great customer service. The concierge was nice too. We parked for a discount at the holiday in a few blocks away. The location of the hotel gave us perfect viewing of the parade from our window and we were the next corner from canal st. We were in walking distant to the French quarter and walked every where (had to get some sneaks at the lady footlocker around the corner lol). It was awesome and felt I got a great deal. I loved it and will be staying again!

Room Tip: If your going for the parades ask for a room with a balcony or facing st Charles, the ladies at the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Vallet was exceptionally helpful, room was ready and the front desk was very courteous. Rooms have been updated since our last stay. Noise insulation with the door needs to be upgraded. You can hear evzones in the hall and it being New Orleans means all night.

Room Tip: Great spot outside quarter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Royal St Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!