“Ask for a window..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Royal St Charles Hotel

You added Royal St Charles Hotel to your Saves list
Royal St Charles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Clarion Collection Royal St Charles Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Savings Up To 40%
Ranked #76 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Brigantine, New Jersey
“Ask for a window..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent 3 nights in a recently renovated, very reasonably priced jr suite on the 6th floor. it was small but clean. Bathroom is basic, but the bed was comfortable and we appreciated the three windows in our corner location and the nice city views. Quite a few of the rooms are interior spaces. If a window is important to you, be sure and request.

Location is great. Two blocks to favorite spots in the French Quarter, but also easy access to the museums and St Charles street car. We will go back.

Room Tip: jr suite is quite a bit more spacious and still reasonably priced.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a great boutique hotel only one block from Bourbon St. Its very clean, Quiet and convenient without the crazy parting noise of Bourbon St. We highly recommend it to anyone wanting to enjoy The PArty but want to sleep too.

Room Tip: We stayed in 603 and had a great window view and great size.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was in New Orleans for the first time at the very beginning of Mardi gras I had no reservations and figured I would wing it. I had no clue the parades started as it was an unexpected trip and my first time there. I used kayak to find a place to stay for a decent price after being on the road for 8 hours. I am sooooooo glad I found the royal st Charles! The prices were decent and it had been recently renovated. I figured one night and if we didn't like it we could find something better. I stayed there the whole week! The room was small but the beds were soft and plush. The shower had the best water pressure ever! The room, lobby and halls were extremely clean. Although the room was small it was comfortable and nice. The real stars were the ladies at the front desk. Each one was behind pleasant and helpful and took care of my every need! Great great customer service. The concierge was nice too. We parked for a discount at the holiday in a few blocks away. The location of the hotel gave us perfect viewing of the parade from our window and we were the next corner from canal st. We were in walking distant to the French quarter and walked every where (had to get some sneaks at the lady footlocker around the corner lol). It was awesome and felt I got a great deal. I loved it and will be staying again!

Room Tip: If your going for the parades ask for a room with a balcony or facing st Charles, the ladies at the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Vallet was exceptionally helpful, room was ready and the front desk was very courteous. Rooms have been updated since our last stay. Noise insulation with the door needs to be upgraded. You can hear evzones in the hall and it being New Orleans means all night.

Room Tip: Great spot outside quarter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Pulling up to the hotel the valet was very polite helped with bags and let me know about the prices which were very expensive compared to other hotels I have stayed at in New Orleans checked in to find out there was a extra 9.95 charge for I dont know what the lobby was very nice complete with very nice decorations and tv's and a pj's coffee front desk clerk was very quick not the friendliest but she did do her job. checked in to room 414 the room was clean but very SMALL and the walls are real thin I heard vaccum cleaners,sex,and unhappy housekeeping employees conversations and just to let yall know they want a raise lol. the hotel is in a PERFECT location being a few steps from canal street and a block from bourbon. overall i would stay here again but it would not be my first choice

sutton, surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for four nights in March 2013. Great Location just a short walk from Canal St and the entrance to the French Quarter. Rooms were clean and perfectly fine. However it was probably the least powerful shower I have ever experienced in a US hotel room and we have been in a good few on our travels. The real thing that bugged me was the 9.95 service charge that was added per day to cover wi-fi, calls and use of the gym. Far better to charge for these things when you want to use them and not clout everyone with this ridiculous fee. Its the little things sometimes that can decide whether you would stay somehwere again and this service charge would prevent me from wanting to stay here again.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 days attending a conference last week. The location of the hotel is great for any purpose in New Orleans. Hotel staff is incredibly helpful and that help was at the level of the J.W. Marriott down the block (at 1/3 the price). I need to give shoot out to Chelsea M. for her help during my stay. Chelsea became my friend while I stayed at the hotel. We talked about how to experience New Orleans as a native, which is the perspective you need to have to truly enjoy New Orleans culture. WaWa at the bell desk was also great. He went out for bread pudding so that i could look like a hero to my fiance after our drinking and eating at Maison on Frenchmen Street earlier that evening rendered too happy and full to go to Commander's Palace for a late dinner. He refused to accept a tip saying that it was his pleasure to help.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and the conference rooms are on the third floor. I was able to take the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Royal St Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!