“Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal St Charles Hotel

You added Royal St Charles Hotel to your Saves list
Royal St Charles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Clarion Collection Royal St Charles Hotel)   |
Ranked #80 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
“Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here a few years ago and they have since remodeled. More modern, clean and close to the nightlife of NOLA as well as shopping and restaurants. The streetcar is just outside the hotel which was nice saver took it to the zoo. Chelsey at the front desk very pleasant and helpful. She spoke to us each time she saw us, made us feel very welcomed!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Sandusky, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had booked this hotel for a one night stay on March 3, 2013 in mid-January. We had just got off a cruise and wanted someplace decent to stay at a good price. We arrived around 8:30am as they had told us we could pre-register and store our luggage. When we arrived the desk clerk who was friendly informed us that they had to move our reservation to another hotel about a mile away. She got out a map and was happy to show us how to walk there. I was little upset but understood there was nothing she could do. I asked for their Front Office Manager, however I had to wait a 1/2 hr for them to arrive. The front office manager told me they had too many stay overs and had to move our room, they had nothing available and nothing she could do. Again, it was 9am in the morning and they were checking in other people at the same time. I know why my reservation was moved, it is because I had a one night stay and paid a low rate. The hotel they moved us to was NOT very nice at all, there was many maintenance issues and was in a different area of the city. The front office manager did offer to pay for a taxi, which we excepted, however was unwilling to do anything else. I did ask if the GM was available, but as I imagined, he/she must not have been working that day.

Long story short, if you pay a low rate, they might move you without ANY notice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Excellent efficient lobby with comfortable meet & greet area plus a perfectly stocked cafe for a quick coffee or grab & go anything! Very comfortable well appointed clean quiet rooms and good work space and internet service which is Very important to me. The property is located an easy walk to the French Quarter, Riverwalk or any business meeting the downtown core.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

The efficient staff quickly checked us in the Friday before Mardi gras. The bellman brought our bags to a beautiful remodeled room. New tv furniture The bed was very comfortable the balcony perfect for viewing the parades. This was our fourth Mardi gras at this hotel and we already have reservations for Mardi gras 2014

• Stayed February 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

WARNING... I had my original review (which is below) removed so that I could update it. Later the same day after posting my review I received a phone call from my credit card company because of suspicious activity on my card. This is the same card I used to pay for my stay at the Royal St. Charles and I did not use this card for anything else during or after my vacation. The credit card company said that the transaction was suspicious because of the merchant information connected to the transaction, which originated from Ocean City, NJ. So if you stay here use a credit card with good protection and monitor your credit card after your stay.

My friend and I originally had a one-night reservation at the The Ambassador Hotel on Tchoupitoulas St. However, on our drive over to New Orleans, the hotel called and said it had over booked and consequently had moved our reservation to the Royal St. Charles Hotel and upgraded us to a Jr. Suite. Our original room prices at the Ambassador was honored and so we saved about $100 on our room compared to the Royal St. Charles' prices. When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly staff. Our reservation was there and our room was ready. This is a beautiful hotel and all of the staff we incredibly friendly and quick to give any information or take care of any need we had. Our room was on the top floor. There is a coffee shop in the lobby, but we did not try it since we were there only one night and made coffee in our room the next morning. The hotel's location is perfect, close enough to everything, but far enough away so that you wouldn't be bothered by any noise. I would highly recommend this property.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The staff were excellent; very helpful with requests and with suggestions in the area. The rooms are small but comfortable, clean and quiet. The hotel location is great; on the St Charles streetcar line, which makes getting around easy. It's a short, one block walk to the French Quarter, which is perfect. Keeps you out of the noise and congestion of the French Quarter while allowing you quick and easy access to it. You have quick access to a Walgreens and CVS pharmacy/store if you need essentials, snacks or any type of drinks (including alcohol) for your room.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a window, so be certain to ask for one, if you want sunlight. Also,some second fl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent value! Excellent location! Grat friendly staff nicely updated rooms. Couldn't have asked for anyything better. The location was on charles street....the parade route for all of the mardi gras parades! You could walk directly in front of the hotel and catch beads from floats passing by! This hotel is also conviently 2 blocks from canal st and a 5 minute walk to burbon st! Central location to everything. The hotel has been newly remodeled and lived up to my high expectations. The bathroom was pretty small but the service, room and location made up for it. We were even given beads every morning of our stay! I would def recommend this hotel for mardi gras or any stay in the french quarter! Location can't be beat!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Royal St Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!