“big easy vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal St Charles Hotel

You added Royal St Charles Hotel to your Saves list
Royal St Charles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Clarion Collection Royal St Charles Hotel)   |
Ranked #74 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“big easy vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My stay at this just out of the quarter gem was an all around soothing experience. From the check in to check out the staff could not have been better. Darlene had great insight on things to do and places not to miss. Being from NYC I found this very refreshing. thanks again guys Great hotel experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Kudos to the management and staff of the Royal St. Charles Hotel. So this is what Southern Hospitality is all about!! Thanks to the Front Desk staff and Ms. Lori for their suggestions and personal attention. We have found our home away from home. Looking forward to our next visit.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel staff was helpful when we needed a cab or information about the facilities. The coffee shop in the lobby was very convenient especially with the chilly morning air and the pounding headache from the previous evening's activities. With the hotel being a block off of Canal Street, Bourbon Street was within a short distance and shops, restaurants, and entertainment were close by. The room is small, but it is considered boutique-style now that the renovations are complete. The bathroom was very stylish, the room had a flat-screen TV, and the beds sufficed. The only issue for us was the pillows and that the room was smaller than advertised on a hotel website. Five of us piled into the tiny room, but we worked it out. When we were only using the room to shower, dress, and sleep, it served its purpose nicely.

Room Tip: If you want luxury and size, this hotel is not for you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Biloxi, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is terrible. The staff is unfriendly and inefficient at the front desk.

The rooms are tiny and always smell weird. You can barely move around if there are two people... you definitely wouldn't be comfortable for an extended stay. The street noise isn't bad, but the AC is always loud and creaky.

Literally the only good thing about this place is location. I hope I never have to stay here again. It's definitely not worth the rates they charge.

• Stayed November 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at Royal St.Charles. Apparently recently renovated, carpeting looked new and walls freshly painted. Our outside room with one comfortable double bed on the 10th floor was a little tight, but was fine for our short stay.
Chelsea who checked us in, was very pleasant and efficient and gave us recommendations on tours and restaurants close to the hotel. We took the VIP city and cemetery tour which picked us up in front of the hotel.
Initially, the top bed sheet was missing, and Raquel (a.m. front desk) had housekeeping correct that and made up our room in the short time we were out for breakfast.
Maybe need closer attention to cleaning bathroom floors between guests. Otherwise enjoyable stay and would recommend.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I travel to New Orleans at least twenty times a year, and normally I would stay at the Ambassador which is a sister property to the Royal St. Charles. My last visit there was so disappointing I was going to just go to a chain but I spoke to a reservationists that suggested the Royal St. Charles so I gave it a try. I read the reviews first, you know to prepare for whatever was ahead for my stay. The reviews made me eager to see this "amazing property".
I arrived on November 23,2012 and long behold the reason for my many stays at the Ambassador was now my new reason for many future stays at the Royal St. Charles, Chelsey! Chelsey was the first agent I encountered at the Ambassador and despite it's imperfections she had the skills to make me totally bypass that. She hadn't been there during my last four stays which is why they were my LAST stays. She instantly remembered me and provided me with that GREAT service she is known to me for. This hotel is AMAZING, the decor is great, the rooms are even better and the location is prime. The entire hotel staff was pleasant and all appeared happy to be of service , which is very different from most hotels I’ve stayed. I will have my assistant book all of my future stays here. I just want the management to know what a great gem this hotel is and ,what a great gem CHELSEY is to it! She is beyond the best and I love the passion she has for simply pleasing the guest. I offered to give her a tip for her amazing and personal service she provided to me and she declined simply stating "go online and give me a great review, tell my managers how you felt about your stay". Well Chelsey if I could put it in a Newspaper I would. You are an essential part of this hotel and I hope they appreciate the amazing work that you do. I would follow Chelsey’s career to which ever hotel she would go simply because the service she provide is one of a kind and truly "Southern Hospitality".
Beware of the resort fee, it’s not too bad but if you don't expect it you may be a bit suprised{$8.95). The hot water is kind of luke warm at times, and the fan didn't work. But that was my only concern and I understand that you still have to tweak some things after renovations.

Room Tip: Visit Daisy Dukes right around the corner,Book a City Tour you will be amazed to see outside the fre...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Littleton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The room was clean and recently updated. We had a corner room on the third floor. It was a little small but comfortable enough. I didn't like the extra "resort" charge when this place clearly was not a "resort". We also got gouged extra on the valet parking for "special event". It was Bayou Classic weekend. It was a little loud outside from all the partying going on so I would recommend asking for a higher floor if you are there on a weekend and are concerned about noise. The fan in the room didn't work either so we had no white noise. All in all a decent place to stay. Very close to Bourbon Street.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if you are there on a weekend and are worried about noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal St Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!