“Hip and modern, but no water pressure!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel

You added Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   817 Common Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #68 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Hip and modern, but no water pressure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Fun, clean, hip, and modern hotel that is located away from the craziness of the French Quarter, which is great if you want to get some sleep. The lobby somewhat reminded me of the W hotel or any other boutique hotel.

Hotel was easy to find and the valet service was excellent. Granted, it was a quite weekend, but they always had our car available when we requested it.

Check in was not a smooth as it should have been. The front desk lady seemed like she could have been trained a little bit more. She was unknowledgeable of how to put a hold on your card for incidentals, which usually occurs when you have already prepaid for the room (which I did). I think she realized her incompetence and put us into a handicap room which was very large, with a very large bathroom. It was located on a high floor with a great view of downtown New Orleans.

Only complaint was that there was NO water pressure whatsoever. I felt like I was out in the light rain and could not rinse the soap off my body. Base on previous reviews, it does appear that water pressure and temperature seem to be a problem at this hotel.

The Aveda amenities were a nice touch as well.

Overall, I would stay here again. The pros outweighs the cons, but I do hope that they get their water pressure fixed ASAP so I won't have to be taking baths again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Danbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Great location, you can easily walk to Bourbon St. and French Quarter and also to downtown, you can also catch street cars to just about anywhere.

The room was on the smaller side, but well kept, very nice accomodations. Staff was helpful when needed.

The on site restaurant was never busy even though there were two very large events in town. We dined elsewhere at the many restaurants..

A CVS and a Walgreens are located very close by so you can pick up just about anything you need.

Don't bother paying for in room internet, you can usually get a signal from the lobby or a neighboring hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

What a wonderful hotel. We were treated exceptionally well, especially with the care of Monique Washington, one of the staff, who took extra steps to make our stay special. The staff were very friendly and responsive to our requests. The room was fantastic, very comfortable bed, beautiful fixtures, etc.

I recommend this hotel!!!

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

I was not impressed with this Renaissance hotel compared to other stays at other Renaissances. The lobby was nice but small. The staff was friendly. However, I was really disappointed when I was given an extremely small queen room. Granted, I did reserve a "small saver" room but I thought that I could get a better room due to my status as a platinum premier member on a relatively quiet June weekend. Not the case as I was given a room that could hold not much more than a queen bed. Additionally, I was unimpressed with the very small platinum gift. Other complaints: the hotel did not have decent foam/firm pillows and they did not refill the towels the next day; hotel is located in an alley way that I wouldn't feel safe walking alone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Grenada, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

My wife and I booked a room at this hotel before reading the reviews and after we seen what people had to say about it we were dissapointed to say the least, but from the minute we pulled up to the valet I knew the reviews were wrong. First off the street that the hotel is on is only one block from Bourbon and even at early hours of the morning there were young women walking back to the hotel by themselves. We were never uncomfortable at anytime while walking to and from our room. We were in room 617 and it's a corner room overlooking the pool. We had read reviews saying the rooms were small but once again we were very surprised at how large the room was. I will say that by looking at the fire evacuation map on the door that we were in one of the larger rooms but the others were still bigger than say a Holiday Inn room. The bathroom was very spacious and well cleaned, also the shower never turned cold on either of us and th pressure is not as bad as you'd think, it isn't the strongest pressure but isn't the worst either . Cleaning service was more than expected also, we left the room about ten a.m and returned around two that afternoon. When we returned the room had been cleaned and all the towels and washcloths were replaced with new ones. The only bad things about the hotel are that the elevators are very small ( three people with luggage is a crowd), and upon check out we asked if we could leave our vehicle in the parking garage until one thirty and the lady at the desk was kind of rude about it but we were able to. Which we should have been considering we payed $29 a night for two nights. All in all you can't come to New Orleans expecting a room like one at the Peabody! They just don't have them in the French Quarter, I don't care what hotel you stay at. Also you can't expect not to see a cop or two, it is New Orleans and you should never close both eyes at the same time no matter where your at in the city. We will definately stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

We received a great discount rate on this hotel through priceline. The Renaissance Pere Marquette is in a great location, 1 block away from Canal Street.
The lobby is filled with relaxing, contemporary furniture and seating surfaces which were great for entertaining. The rooms were spacious for such an old building and clean.

No complaints.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Adequate in all respects. My biggest pet peeve was the water pressure from the shower...too weak. Also not enough places to sit in executive lounge in the morning.
Best service provided by Angelique at the front desk (outstanding service) and Jerica in the executive lounge (friendly-sincere service).
Great beds... Very soft and comfy.
Internet didn't work... Don't know why, but it should have.

• Stayed May 2010