“Felt like a King And Queen” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   817 Common Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2,000 Bonus Points
Ranked #77 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Red Deer, Canada
“Felt like a King And Queen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

So welcoming and friendly.

When we arrived they treated us with such respect and took the time to answer all our numerous questions on where to dine, what to see, etc. That was just the reception staff and the doormen. When you stay here, be sure to say hello to one of the young ladies at reception by the name of Sid. She cheerfully went out of her way to see we had exactly what we needed. The staff in the restaurant were also amazing.

Steven was our server for dinner on our first night stay, and he gave us history on the food, the community, and also answered our questions with humor and joy.
The ambiance of the lobby and the small lounge off of it is welcoming, not to mention stunningly beautiful.

Our room was spacious and had everything we needed. It included a secure safe for passports etc.The large bathroom had shower and tub, and the bed and pillows were like sleeping on a cloud. From the 15th floor, our view was old weathered rooftops but considering we didn't spend much time in the room - it didn't matter.

I was not able to connect to free wifi in the room, but could do so in the lobby which suited me fine.

Temperature control for the room was ours to set - we really liked that as the temperature fluctuated during our stay from cool and rainy to hot and sunny.

Hubby and I fell in love with New Orleans and the experience of the French Quarter Festival. We are preparing to attend again next year and we will book accommodations at the Renaissance Pere Marquette, as it is so close you can do a ton of things either walking or with the bike taxi.

Room Tip: We were on the 15th floor and did not experience any noisy hallway activity as I notice some others...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

586 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The rooms are nice and comfortable. The beds are good, but not as firm as the JW Marriott in New Orleans. The rooms are not precisely alike, which is nice, but some offer very different amenities. I had one room without a bathtub--just a shower stall, but the bathroom was spacious. I've had other rooms with beautiful views of the French Quarter and the Church of the Immaculate Conception next door. The staff is very nice and know their jobs. Housekeeping can be hit and miss, but always gets the important things right. Sadly they have missed resupplying the coffee at time or two.

The Concierge Lounge/Club is small but well tended. The eggs are always wet, but that seems to happen at a lot of Marriott properties. The room service menu is limited and the steak is disappointing, but the restaurant, Mila, has eclectic cuisine which has always be well prepared in my experience. Mila is pricey, but a meal or two in the hotel is a rewarding experience.

The location is great for business or exploring the French Quarter. I don't like staying in the Quarter because of the noise, but the Pere Marquette is a block away. The Downtown Business District is compact; it is easy to walk to most destinations there. There is a great lunch restaurant around the corner on Carondelet called Hobnobbers. It is easy to overlook but hard to beat. It is hidden down an indoor alley behind a bar of the same name. They happily deliver to the hotel. The food is excellent, classic New Orleans fare, but it is not at all low calorie.

Room Tip: Any room ending in 13 has an excellent, and close up view of a working church bell tower. It welcom...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I attended a conference here, so did not choose the hotel on my own. It was fine, but not something I would choose. The room I had was small, but comfortable. The hotel itself does not have many public spaces, so plan on spending most of your time outside of the hotel. The location was okay. The French Quarter was within walking distance. If I was going to New Orleans for vacation, I would stay here if I could pay for it with hotel reward points. Otherwise, I'd recommend something more classically New Orleans, or a bed & breakfast.

Room Tip: If there is more than one person to a room, ask for something that has more than a bed and desk in i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Glenwood Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Good room.Comfortable bed. Small club lounge. Great accomodating staff. A bit of an issue with hall noise late at night. This was my second stay there. I'd stay again. I would recommend the Renaissance Pere Marquette.

• Stayed April 2013
Pensacola,FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Rented 2 rooms and they both were cleand and fairly close by. Hotel is nicely decorated, we all enjoyed the modern look aof the libby, bar and even the retro sign marking the parking garage. My daughter loved it and couldnt stop saying "wow is so pretty" and they even surprised us with fruit and cookies in my daughters and mother in law's room and a bittele of champaign in ours!! Staff was nice, speciallly the parking people, these guys were having little conversations with my 3 year old every morning!! Attention to detail at its max!! Thats what the hotel experience is all about!

• Stayed August 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Booked a 3 night stay here in April but we moved hotels after one night. The lobby area is modern and has nice touches but it feels cramped. Staff were friendly and accommodating but seemed to be a little less seasoned in their roles. Our room was very small and had no real ambience to it. The air conditioner struggled to keep the room cool. There was no view and the windows were old and leaking slightly. The room was clean but again, I couldn't escape the cramped feeling. The hotel is "fine" but that is all and certainly not worth the $199-$339 per night rates we had. We changed to the Loews where we have stayed previously. We are delighted with our room here and thankful we made the move.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodland Hills, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

This place is in a great location. You won't need a car to get around. In fact, you're better off not bringing one if you can, since parking is expensive and limited in the French Quarter. We were just a few minutes walk away from Bourbon Street and about 15 minutes from the French market. Tons of great places to eat nearby. The hotel itself was classy. I spent one day in a conference, which was set up nicely and catered with good food. The hotel room was clean, comfortable and quiet. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel? Share your experiences!