“Good for business, not for romance or vacation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   817 Common Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn a Free Night!
Ranked #74 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Maryland
“Good for business, not for romance or vacation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I attended a conference here, so did not choose the hotel on my own. It was fine, but not something I would choose. The room I had was small, but comfortable. The hotel itself does not have many public spaces, so plan on spending most of your time outside of the hotel. The location was okay. The French Quarter was within walking distance. If I was going to New Orleans for vacation, I would stay here if I could pay for it with hotel reward points. Otherwise, I'd recommend something more classically New Orleans, or a bed & breakfast.

Room Tip: If there is more than one person to a room, ask for something that has more than a bed and desk in i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Glenwood Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Good room.Comfortable bed. Small club lounge. Great accomodating staff. A bit of an issue with hall noise late at night. This was my second stay there. I'd stay again. I would recommend the Renaissance Pere Marquette.

• Stayed April 2013
Pensacola,FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Rented 2 rooms and they both were cleand and fairly close by. Hotel is nicely decorated, we all enjoyed the modern look aof the libby, bar and even the retro sign marking the parking garage. My daughter loved it and couldnt stop saying "wow is so pretty" and they even surprised us with fruit and cookies in my daughters and mother in law's room and a bittele of champaign in ours!! Staff was nice, speciallly the parking people, these guys were having little conversations with my 3 year old every morning!! Attention to detail at its max!! Thats what the hotel experience is all about!

• Stayed August 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Booked a 3 night stay here in April but we moved hotels after one night. The lobby area is modern and has nice touches but it feels cramped. Staff were friendly and accommodating but seemed to be a little less seasoned in their roles. Our room was very small and had no real ambience to it. The air conditioner struggled to keep the room cool. There was no view and the windows were old and leaking slightly. The room was clean but again, I couldn't escape the cramped feeling. The hotel is "fine" but that is all and certainly not worth the $199-$339 per night rates we had. We changed to the Loews where we have stayed previously. We are delighted with our room here and thankful we made the move.

Woodland Hills, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

This place is in a great location. You won't need a car to get around. In fact, you're better off not bringing one if you can, since parking is expensive and limited in the French Quarter. We were just a few minutes walk away from Bourbon Street and about 15 minutes from the French market. Tons of great places to eat nearby. The hotel itself was classy. I spent one day in a conference, which was set up nicely and catered with good food. The hotel room was clean, comfortable and quiet. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed March 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Because our room wasn't ready, we got an upgrade--to the Penthouse! It was a fantastic room, and I got the best night's sleep in my two weeks of traveling. The sheets felt like silk to the touch; the bathroom was super-clean. It's valet parking all the way ($34.00; $38.00 with tax) and the bell boys will get your things to your room without a problem. We were given a little gift when we checked in, which included a bottle of water and a praline. Later, when I asked if the hotel had extras, the consierge contacted the praline store to get their closing time. This was the best experience I had on the entire trip with respect to accommodations and I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in downtown NOLA near the French Quarter.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel was great and the staff was some of the best I ever encountered as a frequent Marriott Platinum member. The rooms were clean and smelled very fresh. The pool is a little small so if that’s a key amenity for you I would recommend hotel. The access to the French quarter is great two blocks and you’re on Bourbon Street. The walls are thick and the beads are super comfortable…no noise from slamming doors and elevators going up and down. This is a great place for a romantic couples getaway!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel? Share your experiences!