The first thing we noticed when walking into the room was that it was pretty spacious. Also, the "king" sized bed was 2 twins pushed together. Not a big deal, as the bed was fairly comfortable. The bad thing about this hotel was that it seemed to be minimally cleaned. There was some pink goo on the bathroom counter, pubes in the bathroom floor, the carpet seemed to be hardly vacuumed, and there were what I assumed to be make-up stains on the linens and dried snot on one of the pillow cases. Thankfully there were 4 pillows on the bed. There was no tv remote when we got there... and our room was on the side of the motel adjacent to what seemed to be an abandoned hotel.
We stayed 3 nights and we got no cleaning or clean linens, and the towels could hardly be considered towels. The hallway smelled a bit like pot and there was a stick of burned incense on the bedside lamp. I tried not to expect too much from such a cheap place, but I would have liked it to be cleaner. Other than those things.. the shower was ok with good water pressure, the building wasn't too old looking and fairly well-lit and even though the motel wasn't in the nicest part of town I didn't really feel like I was in danger. The staff wasn't unpleasant and we received a remote without difficulty at the front desk. Also, the high-speed internet worked well.
The motel is only a few minute drive down the interstate from the french quarter, but like I said it... it wasn't in a very nice area of town. I would have definitely preferred something closer to the french quarter had everything not been booked up. But... if you aren't a stickler for clean and you're on a budget, it's not the worst place.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 New Orleans -Old Gentilly Rd Hotel New Orleans
- Motel 6 New Orleans -Old Gentilly Rd Hotel
- Knights Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Knights Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New Property Spacious Rooms Pet Friendly Free Hi-Speed Internet Less than 4 miles from the French Quaters and downtown ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Motel 6 New Orleans -Old Gentilly Rd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.