“Greatest place to stay in New Orleans.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #62 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Greatest place to stay in New Orleans.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

If you ever plan on visiting New Orleans the Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome is the place to stay. The location of the hotel to the attractions is the best. Although there is a shuttle, you are in walking distance to everything. The staff was wonderful! If I had to rate my total Holiday Inn experience on a scale of 1-10 they would get a 10+.

• Stayed June 2009
miller128, manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, June 23, 2009
On behalf of the staff of the Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, thank you for your business AND your time to review the hotel. We try every day to keep our guests happy and our property in excellent condition. We hope to serve you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Polish first
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

we had travelled from the uk to new orleans for the jazz fest and expectin everywhere to be fully booked at premium rates we booked the youth hostel. unfortunately it was filthy and we decided to move on. the ladies at the tourist board on st.charles ave rang holiday inn superdome and managed to get us a room for $100, (not as good as someone elses deal but we were happy to pay it) we were thrilled when we found it had a rooftop pool and our room was on the same floor... we just had to slide the doors open and we were there... fab.
the room was spotless, the staff were friendly and polite, our chambemaid even offered to go to walgreens in her break to get medicine for my friends cold.
the shuttle is handy but make sure you ring the hotel if you want them to come back for you, we were forgotten about one night but the hotel paid for the cab.
i had long chats with emmet the concierge about music and the bands playing at the jazz fest
all in all.. staying at the holiday inn turned our holiday around and made it more enjoyable and id definately stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
miller128, Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, July 15, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's nice to know that we have a fan from across the pond as well as the home grown ones. We strive daily to offer a GREAT value for guests. As important as that, maybe even more important, is a great experience with the staff. I'm pleased that we were able to provide both a great value and great service. We currently have deals online for 2010 Jazz Fest, so come back!

Thanks again for the review, folks really care about what's posted on tripadvisor.
louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Last minute French Quarter Festival plans found rooms to be a huge premium except for the HI Superdome, great rates, and parking on site. We used the free shuttle to go into the festival. Another plus is the heated swimming pool on the 8th floor. The restaurant got good reviews from those at the next table while we had drinks. The staff was helpful and really close to the Quarter.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

As I was in New Orleans for business, this location was a perfect fit for me. I was able to walk to where I needed to be, leaving my car in the hotel covered parking lot, safe and sound, out of the weather and prying eyes. If I wanted to go to the French Quarter or the Riverwalk, there is the available shuttle . Very convenient. Quick check-in and check-out. Rooms were clean, spacious, comfortable and quiet. The restaurant has very good food. Best of all was dealing with the staff. Extremely nice, friendly and generous to a fault. Bent over backwards to help you with anything you needed. I will miss them.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

This hotel is located 2 blocks from my client's office so it's very convenient. It's also within walking disctance to the French Quarter and other great eating/drinking establishments downtown. The rooms offer the basic amenities but are clean. The food in the restaurant is surprisingly good for those nights when you feel like staying in.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Akron
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

We stayed here, because we got an awesome $60.00 a night deal. I don't think it would be worth it to pay the average $135.00 listed by tripadvisor. I'm not a huge fan of the business district, especially that far north. There was a lot of construction with closed sidewalks and buildings being torn down. The room itself was bizarrely laid out, but large and clean. The bed was comfortable. If you want to use the wireless, go ahead and get the card with the password at check in. Our cell phones didn't work in our rooms, and we weren't told in advance that we needed to leave a deposit even to call 1-800 numbers (my wallet was stolen and the no cell phone, no phone in room increased stress). The staff did let me use the front desk phone to call the credit card companies. We also had a bizarre night where it took 15 minutes to get on an elevator due to some sort of bible convention all arriving at the same time, but I can't imagine that happens very often. The biggest perk was the roof top pool. I had it all to myself in the early mornings. So, over all, nothing terribly wrong with the hotel or overly fantastic. If you get a deal, I'd recommend it. Next time I'll probably stay in a B&B on the other side of the French Quarter, where the best veggie eateries seem to be.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

My husband has stayed here several times on busi. Since he was already familiar with the hotel & it was close to his N.O. office... I didn't dispute when he booked the room. I checked several websites and the facility seemed less than special but acceptable and worth the value. I agree with the previous reviewer... the only thing good about this hotel was its shuttle service. The restaurant food was bad and their service was even worse. Most of the rest. staff & front desk staff was down right rude. Also, three of the four sides of the hotel are surronded by abandoned bldgs. Not only unpleasant too look at but unsafe for a family. The beds were hard and the rooms were not well appointed. Our balcony door was screwed shut - we later reported & they fixed it but I was reluctant to let my kids out their b/c I wasn't sure why it would have been bolted shut to begin with. Also our house phone (which had several cigar. burns on it) did not work. We reported this at the same time we reported our balcony door problem but it was never fixed/repaired. Also, our toilet would not flush properly. The first time we called they sent someone up right away to fix it. The second time it quit working, it was close to our checkout time so we didn't bother notifying anyone. After all... it required us to use our cell phones or make a trip to the front desk since we had no phone & no house phone on the floor. Lastly, the “executive club” for priority members was never opened as advertised.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!