“Was as expected from Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

You added Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #66 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Toronto, Canada
“Was as expected from Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I stayed here from Apr 24-27 and found the hotel was as expected. Clean and standard room. Wifi was okay on floor 16. It worked fine but lagged a bit..... Not really a huge complaint. toilet handle was loose so called and maintenance fixed while we were away during the day. Shower was good, drain didn't clog like other hotels. Two sinks was nice. Fridge and microwave came in handy. Also coffee machine in room.( we didn't use). Floor was not noisy even though it was jazz fest weekend. Staff was friendly, especially restaurant staff. Location looks quite shady, lots of abandoned buildings with graffiti but with that being said we never had any issues. 10 min walk to French quarter. Concierge was very helpful when we booked our swamp tour( highly recommended). Rouses Market is 10 min walk and a great place for all types of food ( hot/ cold) toiletries, alcohol etc. we didn't have time to check out the pool. We faced Duncan Park and there is a hospital a couple blocks away so yes, there were sirens, but that didn't bother our sleep. all in all we were satisfied

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Polish first
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed 6 nights, 5 of which were during a tour. We had a very large room with two beds. A nice bath area with two sinks. It was clean and the beds were comfy. Did not care for the sliding door to the balcony. It didn't fit well and allowed the noise to carry up. Since the hotel is on a fairly busy street, it was somewhat annoying. The buffet breakfast was good. One inconvenient thing were the elevators. You need to use your key card to get to the floors so get your card out before entering the elevator. That said, I did appreciate that this security feature was in place. The best thing by far at the Holiday Inn New Orleans was the staff. Unfaltering cheerful, pleasant and friendly. They were a joy to be around. Good looking bar.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you kindly for overlooking this one concern and acknowledging your overall great stay! I sincerely apologize for the disruption. The sliding doors are in the process of being replaced; the project is ongoing through the Fall and we've started on the main street side of building to combat as much noise as possible. We appreciate you acknowledging our beautiful hotel and dedicated team. Guest recognition is the greatest reward for our efforts! Please come back and see us soon, you'll find we truly take guest feedback to heart and utilize the information to improve.
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The location was excellent. Only 4 blocks from the Canal and Carondolet Streetcars. The staff was very friendly and willing to help. The rooms were spacious and clean. Now - the not so good. We had a refrigerator in our room - what no one in the hotel seemed to know - it was also a freezer and if you had it clicked on the freezer side - everything froze up. We finally discovered this after having one refrig replaced and freezing everything for 2 nights. The hotel advertises Wi-Fi in every room. This just wasn't the case. The only place I could get Wi-Fi on the 16th floor was by the elevators. I complained the first 2 days then just went to the elevators.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the lobby if you need Wi-Fi.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you kindly for recognizing our successes, in service and location, and taking the time to bring these few failures to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the issues encountered with the refrigerator. The Engineering and Housekeeping teams are currently being retrained in this area to avoid future confusion. Thanks to previous guest comments we're able to take action regarding the internet access as well. The system is in the process of being upgraded, all new hardware and increased speeds, and will be complete by the end of this week. The technicians are hard at work right now! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Please come back and see us soon; you'll find we truly take guest feedback to heart and utilize the information to improve!
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

The hotel was nice, what you expect from a Holiday Inn but unfortunately most of the staff were quite rude, not quite what I was expecting.

Some examples;

On my first morning I asked for breakfast recommendations and the duty manager (I assume) replied "our restaurant". I explained that I wanted somewhere in the French Quarter as I had a tour starting near there and he said "you can still go to our restaurant" and was quite abrupt about it. I was surprised. I work for a hotel chain and understand that they recommend their restaurants but he was just rude about it. I explained that I worked in a hotel and I understood that they suggested their own restaurants. As I started to walk away he called me back and gave me a 10% discount for another restaurant in the Quarter, but I was so put off by him I didn't once go there, which in itself is a shame as I am one hundred percent sure it has nothing to do with the hotel and their food is probably amazing.

That afternoon I had a dress strap break so I called and asked if they had a sewing kit, which they replied "we'll have housekeeping bring you one". I didn't get it and so later on in my stay when I saw someone from housekeeping I asked for one. She nodded to everything I said, then told me she didn't speak English. I gave up on getting the sewing kit. It just seemed a lot of hassle.

Even room service staff were rude when I called. But I guess I expected it by then.

I gave up on asking for help from staff there, most of them were polite and would say hi, but that was the extent. The man on check in and the other on check out were quite polite, didn't get their names.

The restaurant staff were nice, a redeeming feature, I had dinner there last night. Victoria was polite, and gave a great recommendation to try the spinach and cheese dip. It was really tasty! The Coleman salad was also really nice, but I thought the dressing was a bit too much. Glad it was in a separate jug.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
I deeply regret this disappointing stay. It certainly does not meet the caliber of service for which we strive. Guest feedback is essential in our enduring aspiration to improve the guest experience. Your comments have been shared with our entire team and will be utilized to address these concerns. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; your business is greatly valued. I hope this incident does not in fact deter you from returning. We'd welcome the opportunity to make this stay up to you and earn five stars.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here in August 2014 and got a good deal on the room as it was low season for NOLA. Great room, 2 large double beds were really comfy. The pool area was nice too, perfect to cool down after the heat of the city. The staff were very helpful and friendly in organizing a swap tour too. thanks!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
HI-NewOrleans, Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the fantastic review of our property and staff! We take great pride in providing exceptional service and comments such as yours are the greatest gift for our efforts!
Frankfort, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

While this is a good place to stay and is a great price, I found hard to get around because the taxi service to this hotel is not very prompt. If you don't mind walking or waiting it is okay. I had to wait over 30 minutes twice for a taxi. The rooms are nice and comfortable the staff tried to be as helpful as they can. It has a nice central location

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our hotel. However, I apologize for the long wait times for taxi services It can be hard at times to get a taxi during peak times or special events but our staff tries its best to get a taxi for our guests sometimes its just out of our control . Please come back and see us again!
Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed one night as part of a stay and park deal. Very secure garage and the hotel is within an easy walk of French Quarter. Area is probably not the safest late at night, but cabs are plentiful and inexpensive.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for acknowledging our great location and value! As we are in the downtown area of a metropolis we always recommend a taxi after dark and to stay alert when walking anywhere in the city. No matter where your travels may take you, I hope you will consider these precautions. Please consider returning for a longer stay in the future. Our central setting warrants access to all the attractions our vibrant city has to offer!

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!