“Seminar Room was fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

You added Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #62 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Asheville, NC
“Seminar Room was fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

As a seminar speaker, I love walking into a room that is set up perfectly. Ralph, Sales & Banquets, went over-the-top to make sure I had everything I needed for my seminar the night before, and was in my seminar room at 7:30am the next morning to check on everything. I wish every hotel where I teach had this level of customer service.

Front desk staff and bellman were also fantastic when I checked in. Everyone I encountered at this hotel was amazing.

Also, the shrimp and asparagus risotto in the restaurant is yummy!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Polish first
Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The rooms need updating. The carpet was stcky. The toilet flush did not work proper. The staff is overworked and stressed out. Do not ask the hotel to get you s taxi as they try to call their friends instead of hailing it from the street. Overall disappointing.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Rooms were very clean and the service was excellent.The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help. A special mention to Oswald who was ever present in the hotel lobby on our stay and always greeted us with a smile helping all hotel guests as much as he could. Would definitely stay here again! Thank you for making our stay so special !

• Stayed February 2015
HI-NewOrleans, Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We greatly appreciate the great comments and in acknowledging Oswald in your review. we hope to see you again soon.
Anderson, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been to many, many Holiday Inns, and I have to say I have never received the friendly service as well as this. Everyone--the desk, the doorman, the restaurant, the concierge--everyone was extremely nice and helpful. This becomes even more amazing when you add that we were there the beginning of Mardi Gras which has to be incredibly stressful for them.
I had read about the noise issue--we were poolside 18 floor up and so the sirens went unnoticed. We were also at the end of the hall, so that cut the noise factor too.The conceirge recommended Stanley's to eat in Jackson Square, and it was so good we went back day 2 and had bananas Foster with ice cream for breakfast! The only drawback was that when the big parades are on they go down Canal, which is two blocks from the hotel, so therefore the trolleycars, which also go down Canal, did not run on parade days. Most of the time you can walk two blocks (sort of rough) to the trolleys and you can ride them to the river and along the river. We had read about a $9 three-day pass, but when we got there a one day pass was $3
and since I was over 65, I could ride for up to 2 hours on $.40.

Room Tip: Away from elevators and away from front street. Hospital (sirens) across street.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 6 days ago
You're never full dressed without a smile! We greatly appreciate you sharing this pleasant experience at our hotel! Your feedback is truly rewarding and we look forward to serving you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very clean rooms and it was Mardi Gras so they were booked solid but the quality was there!! Staff could not have been better. Arranged for a taxi for me with the best taxi driver as well. It was pricey with Mardi Gras rates but not as bad as other hotels with a great location easy to walk to canal street.

• Stayed February 2015
Thank you for acknowledging our dedication to service and cleanliness, and perfect location! Guest recognition is the greatest reward for our efforts. We hope you'll immerse yourself once more in our vibrant culture and all this great city has to offer! Come back soon!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Traveling isn't always an easy endeavor, With lost car rental reservations, incorrect hotel reservations and the like. But working with the staff of this hotel more than compensated for all the hiccups encountered during the trip.

It had been a while since my last visit to the Big Easy. The room was nice even without the view of the ocean I requested. Maybe I will get a room with a view of the ocean during my next stay. :-)

I would like to personally thank Shakera, Kellie, Melvin, Preslyn and Mr. Roosevelt for their patience, knowledge of the city and hospitality during the stay.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you kindly for the exceptional review and appreciation of our dedication to service! All the team members mentioned will be recognized for their efforts. Your business and loyalty are greatly valued, we truly look forward to serving you again soon!
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From the time I walk in I arrived early I was helped by a pleasant Shemeka her customer service went above and beyond I was glad I didnt stay anywhere else. It not as far as others say from bourbon or royal st. I went in the outdoor pool in February the pool was nice clean and heated. The room was nice spacious and clean so that even a added bonus. I went for Mardi Gras the hotel lobby was filled so matter when I went in or out it was easy without the hustle and bustle of the bigger hotels. All and all it was a great experience i will visit again real soon.

Room Tip: I guess get a room away from the pool they tend to be a little noisy. The only reason your about a 2...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience, and recognizing one of our many shining stars! Shakera will certainly be commended for her efforts. We look forward to serving you for your next festival inspired trip to our vibrant city!

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!