“Okay Hotel, not so nice area” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

You added Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #65 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Dublin, Ohio
“Okay Hotel, not so nice area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Checked in to the Holiday Inn for what was to be three nights for my conference, ended up only staying one. This location is right across the street from City Hall, and adjacent to several buildings (multi-story) that are still gutted from the hurricane, 9 years post-Katrina.

The staff was nice enough, the room had an attempt at updating, but the hotel is still old and the bathrooms show it. For the money, I could not recommended staying here.

It was a good 3-4 blocks walk to the French Quarter past some unfavorable areas.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I'm deeply regret you feel this way, this is not the type of feedback we normally receive. Although there remain some abandoned buildings there are plans to refurbish and develop them in the near future! This section is well on its way to becoming a little Paris in the heart of our city with French roots. Projects are in the works to bring about a lifestyle of convenience and opportunity for our authentic community. Construction of retail and living, added green space and walkability, and increased safety open endless possibilities for residents and visitors! Don't give up on us yet, the best is yet to come!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at the Holiday Inn for a few nights at the begining of March and can't fault it, perfect location, clean rooms, really comfortable huge bed, and friendly staff that couldn't do enough to help. Working in the hotel trade myself I know they must have the patience of saints to deal with that many drunk revelers on a nightly basis, but every one was polite and understanding and despite the amount of partyers I didn't hear a peep from any other rooms. I had a "pool view" room on the 4th (I think) floor that had an awesome view of the city from the balcony. Cable tv, free wi/fi, decent breakfast, and literally 5 mins walk to Canal/Bourban Street.
If I'm ever back in New Orleans I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
We appreciate you still thinking of us after much time has passed! Thank you for sharing your exceptional Mardi Gras experience and for your valued recommendation!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm going back to NOLA with a very fussy friend and thought I'd have a look at rates for Holiday Inn. I was shocked to see I hadn't rated it from my visit with my adult kids in January 2013. It was superb, a short walk from the French quarter and equipped with a microwave and fridge.Staff were really nice, and when my son got sick (as in projectile vomiting) and blocked up the loo, the plumber took it all in his stride and reception talked me through medical options as we weren't familiar with US system. My daughter and I ate in the restaurant rather than leave him alone and were pleasantly surprised by the quality and also price of the dinner. , Even with an extra bed, the room was still large and very comfy. the only negative was the area around by elk was rundown, and if I was alone, I would have got a cab back from Bourbon. I am going to book rooms here in April 2014 when I come because the price is fantastic, but also the ration quality:price takes some beating. i have stayed in the French quarter and found the rooms small, overpriced (but very atmospheric!) and actually not very clean, unlike the holiday Inn which is bright airy and spotless! and forgot to mention the bar..... very relaxing and stylish, I met new friends there, some of which i look forward to seeing next time.

Room Tip: I just asked reception if they could give us a nice room - i'm pretty sure they are fabulously s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for thinking of us after such a long time, it's absolutely wonderful that we still stand out in your mind as the place to stay while in New Orleans! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Guest recognition is the greatest reward for our efforts. We look forward to serving you again this spring!
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here this week while attending my organization's annual conference. The hotel is located in the Treme-Lafitte area and is several blocks walk from the Bourbon Street/French Quarter area. The hotel is located next to City Hall and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

The hotel is approximately 20-minutes from the airport (approximately $35-40 cab ride).

I've stayed in New Orleans before and found the hotel to be adequate to most people's needs. There is a restaurant, bar-area and a concierge service to answer the majority of questions most customers will have.

The hotel is located within walking distance of the tourist area (approximately 15-minutes) but I felt deeply uncomfortable walking in this area after dark, as did many in my group. I live in Orlando FL, which is a very built-up urban area so am not ignorant of city street crime, but the route from the hotel to Canal Street was dimly lit with lots of darkened doorways that provided potential for trouble; I'd recommend catching a cab too and from the tourist areas rather than become a statistic and have a holiday wrecked (or worse).

My room on the 17th floor had a modern feel and was clean. There was a microwave and small fridge available. I'm not sure about other rooms, but I had a small balcony with a sliding glass door that gave me a view over Duncan Plaza and Tulane Medical Centre across the street.

As I was on business I was pleased to see that there was an iron and ironing board so I could press my clothes. The only issues that I found with the room was that the ironing board was extremely cheap and squeaked horribly when I used it. The iron was acceptable. The front door had some damage on the lower portion that I couldn't identify, but otherwise the room was clean, smelled fresh and I had no problems with it for the few days I was in it.

I noted that another Trip Advisor member commented last week that he Wi-Fi was an issue, being disconnected several times while on Skype. I stayed at the hotel from Monday through Thursday last week and had a very similar experience. I found that while sitting on one bed I had no signal, but sitting on the other I had a very weak signal. I was disconnected 5 times during one call; I was using Skype on my phone and have a Samsung Galaxy S4 so felt that it wasn't due to an old phone with a poor Wi-Fi transceiver. I managed to make it work enough to get my calls done and couldn't be bothered to bring this to the front desks' attention as I didn't have the energy to move rooms. The hotel responded to the above customer that they'd improved this but I think more work is definitely needed. For Managements' convenience, I was in room 1735.

I ate at the restaurant for breakfast both mornings. The service the first day was mediocre; the second day it was much better. The menu was akin to a Denny's. It's okay but don't expect to be blown away. There was a breakfast buffet but I didn't try it.

My organization used the Jazz conference room and I found the room to be fine. It accommodated the approximately 25-attendees, although we did find the heating/air conditioning system to be extremely loud and speakers had to significantly raise their voices to be heard when it kicked on. We had a catered lunch (presumably provided by the hotel) during our conference and the food was fine, with a mixture of sandwiches being offered. My biggest concern was that the Lays potato chips provided with the lunch expired in January 2013 and the chocolate chip cookie pretending to be a hockey puck! A little bit more attention to detail is required by the hotel event planning staff.

I've noted that some Trip Advisor members raved about the hotel, stating it was 'wonderful'. I'd not go quite that far, but the hotel was certainly adequate.

Would I stay here again? I would, but I'd call to ask for a room with a guaranteed Wi-Fi connection when I booked.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you kindly for recognizing our successes, in cleanliness, location, and amenities, and taking the time to bring these few failures to our attention. We greatly appreciate the time you took to provide us with a detailed account of your stay. This information is extremely helpful in our enduring aspiration to improve the guest experience. Little problems add up to affect overall satisfaction, and you deserve nothing but the best. Please come back and see us again, I have no doubt we can exceed your expectations if given a second chance! You'll find we truly take guest feedback to heart.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Right in the middle of beautiful New Orleans and so very close to Canal St. The hotel is within walking distance of the Superdome and the Smoothie King Center, which is awesome for anyone not accustomed to driving in this city!
The only problem I had with this hotel is the filthy AC unit that sticks out of the wall into the balcony that overlooks the pool. Oh, and the fact there is NO free continental breakfast. But, you can't have everything! There's an IHOP right on Canal St. anyway!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and acknowledge our perfect location! I assure you all AC filters are cleaned regularly, I apologize the part of the unit outside the room was dirty. We will certainly address this concern with our housekeeping and engineering teams. Breakfast is not included as we are a full service Holiday Inn. The Streetcar Restaurant and Clarinet Lounge offer delectable menus for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and the convenience of room service. I hope you will consider a return visit, we'd love the opportunity to earn a five star review!
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a great experience and price was 110.00 per night. We stayed 3 nights.
1.Clean modern room with a contemporary feel.
2. Very new appearance to room and furniture
3. Clean, fresh linen with good quality comforter.
4. Large bathroom with double sinks.
5. Nice size refrigerator with microwave and coffee maker
6. Ice maker on the same floor
7. Hair dryer
8. 2 blocks off of Canal Street and then 4 blocks from Bourbon.
9. Nice restaurant and bar. We did not eat or drink in hotel.
10. Parking garage part of hotel
11. Room had a balcony
12. Nice heated pool on outside.
13.. Adjustable reading lamp on side of bed. I really like them.
14. Very close to super dome
15. Very safe, you need room key to use elevators.
We would definitely recommend and come back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Your great experience is exactly what we strive to provide and feedback such as yours is the best reward for our efforts! Thank you kindly for taking the time to share that we exceeded your expectations. We appreciate the recommendation, and look forward to serving you again soon!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel was the very best on our tour. it is ideally located for all attractions. The room was extremely spacious, comfy, well decorated. There was a pillow menu!! :) It had a safe, which is a real peace of mind. The staff were helpful & polite.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the stellar review! Our team works diligently to provide true southern hospitality and a wonderful experience; comments such as yours are the best reward for our efforts!

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!