Checked in to the Holiday Inn for what was to be three nights for my conference, ended up only staying one. This location is right across the street from City Hall, and adjacent to several buildings (multi-story) that are still gutted from the hurricane, 9 years post-Katrina.
The staff was nice enough, the room had an attempt at updating, but the hotel is still old and the bathrooms show it. For the money, I could not recommended staying here.
It was a good 3-4 blocks walk to the French Quarter past some unfavorable areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a refreshed Holiday Inn! Visit the recipient of the Customer Service Excellence award by IHG. Rooms feature Simmons pillow top mattresses and new pillow options. Relax in our courtesy area shuttle. Savor fresh coffee and pastries daily. Stay connected with FREE wireless. Plunge in our large rooftop pool and energize in our fitness center. Our full service property offers tantalizing meals morning, noon and night. Adult beverage options showcased in our Mardi Gras Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, AAA Travel Services, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome Hotel New Orleans
- Downtown Superdome Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Superdome