“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #58 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Solo traveler - very safe hotel and great location to superdome. A short walk to trolley and canal street. Would definitely stay there again if attending a concert it game at the superdome. Price was great! Only thing I wish was the bar stayed opened later to enjoy a drink after the concerts.

702 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Polish first
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for essence music festival 2012. This time for essence for essence i stayed 5 nights. This time they must have changed cooks bc breakfast wasn't as great as i remember. The room 1112 had a musty mildew smell like water had gotten in the carpet & wasnt cleaned properly. It took 2 days for them to come and treat the smell. They did offer to move us but we didnt want to repack everything. After they sprayed the carpet or whatever it was fine. Other than those 2 negatives everything was great. They NEVER ran out of hot water. They have the best hot water supply for any hotel i have ever stayed in. That sucka will restore you daily. The beds and pillows are super comfy. The rooms are spacious & come with a microwave & fridge. Also the safe was free. I kept my wallet in there the entire. Wifi is free & they give you the passcode. The staff was friendly. Oswald, the bellman, is so nice and funny we enjoyed him. The night security guy was cool to. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, yesterday
Please accept my sincere apology for the issues encountered during your stay. It’s incredibly kind of you to acknowledge our staff attempted to resolve your concern. Thank you kindly for recognizing our successes, in service, and taking the time to bring these few failures to our attention. Your comments are extremely helpful in our enduring aspiration to improve the guest experience. Engineering and Housekeeping will check again for the odor mentioned and the F&B team has been notified of your observation as well. We look forward to your return next year for the Essence Music Festival!
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had actually read some of the reviews of the hotel, and to my surprise the only thing that one reviewer wrote was quite evident...the noise of either ambulances or fire trucks...but it didn't' hamper my stay. I had no problem with the air conditioner...my room was very decent, and as I usually do, I made sure to find out who was cleaning my room as I would be there for five (5) nights and I wanted to make sure the tip I left would go to the person responsible for taking care of my room. I thought my check in with Gary at the front desk was very pleasant. The hotel provided a hospitality suite for our entire stay for our family reunion...which made it convenient for those who had checked out and had either later flights or bus departures on Sunday they were able to relax there. The food that was supplied for our family reunion Mardi Gras dinner on Sunday was pretty decent. The bar I think is over priced for the drinks. Most of the staff were very personable that I encountered. The Holiday Inn Superdome does a booming business from my observation...and I plan on staying there again on my next trip to NOLA.

Room Tip: I was given an end room on the 10th floor...definitely away from elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We greatly appreciate the kind review! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome for your event. Our staff had as much fun during the recent family reunions as our guests did! The families host such an excited group of visitors enjoying our vibrant city for all it has to offer. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel concierge gentleman was very friendly, but the front desk staff were not helpful. My money was stolen from the room. I do not recommend this hotel. The bar atmosphere was nice, but The restaurant food was only average.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I’m truly sorry you feel money was stolen while on property. Safes are provided in every room and we also host a 24 hour security team. If you have not already filed an incident report, I advise you to do so at this time. In the event this step has already been taken, our officers are hard at work investigating the allegations. Thank you kindly for acknowledging our success regardless of this unfortunate circumstance.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Omg! I booked this hotel because it was priced at a reasonable rate, however, what may be a deal, may not be actually a deal. As they say, you get what you pay for. If you ar e big on Customer service, do not stay at this hotel! Our room was bypassed by the clean up lady, who also spoke no english. I had to call three times to finally get someone to come and clean, which she did half a job. The manager did come to our room and gave us free breakfast passes. Second, I called for someone to bring me a fork, even though they have a restaurant downstairs, they told me I have to come downstairs to get it myself. The cleanup lady also left a dirty cleanup towel on our nightstand.The parking is way over price, $29.00 a night. Also,I had a friend come to visit me in the lobby, and he needed to use the restroom, and ofcourse no bathroom. Why would you not have a restroom for your guest in the lobby area.I am so disappointed with this hotel, and I would never stay at another Holiday day inn,again. I know they are all different, but I don't want to take no chances, after this experience.

• Stayed July 2014
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Your comments are heartbreaking. Our team worked very hard during the special event weekend to provide an exceptional experience and this is certainly not the type of feedback we normally receive. I’m truly sorry housekeeping overlooked your room and then did not clean it satisfactorily. Unfortunately, parking is a commodity in the downtown area and our fee is comparable or less than the competition surrounding our locale. In addition, we offer unlimited access to the garage, whereas other properties require payment each time you depart and return. There is a restroom in the lobby area; however, for the safety of our overnight staff it’s closed at 11pm. Guests and their visitors must go to their room to use the facilities after this time. Thank you kindly for sharing your story, we will certainly use it to move forward in a positive light. I deeply regret your stay was disappointing. Please consider giving our property and our brand a second chance, you’ll find we truly take feedback to heart and are making great efforts to progress.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for our Essence Fest weekend. After being gone all day, came back to find housekeeping totally skipped our room. When we called to service desk we were pretty much told to wait in line because there are 20 other requests, most likely the same as ours. And, the air conditioning never got the room cool. The epitome of poor service.

• Stayed July 2014
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Please accept my sincere apology for the housekeeping oversight and issue with your AC. It’s disheartening a guest walked away feeling we’re “overrated” as our team is working so hard to make the Essence Festival event and Independence Day holiday a memorable experience for all. We’re still in the midst of the excitement and responding as quickly as possible to every request. Weeks were spent preparing for the full house and ensuring every room was ready for our special event guests. The thermostat located on the wall controls the AC unit and is often overlooked, I regret if this was the case during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we hope you enjoy the last of the concerts this evening!
Darlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was our 3rd trip here. Our stay was great as usual. We were pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms. The employees displayed very pleasant attitude. We will be planning a trip again in the near future.
Elaine J & class of 88

• Stayed June 2014
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
It’s great to see you are consistently receiving friendly service and high quality of product during your many visits to our property! Thank you kindly for your business and loyalty! We look forward to the pleasure of serving you again!

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!