“All in all great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

You added Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #64 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Whitehorse, Canada
“All in all great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

The staff are what makes this hotel great. Patrice at the Front Desk and Roosevelt at the bell desk were GREAT! The rooms are very spacious, and decor is cool. The streets around the hotel are noisy though so be prepared. Bathroom needs some TLC, but overall it's a great property!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
East Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here April 9-14 for French Quarter Fest. Our room was very nice. The furniture and general decor are updated. The bed was really comfortable. There was a fridge and microwave in the room.

We ate breakfast in the hotel most mornings. They are have a standard buffet for $14. I had mushroom and cheese omlette most days for $8.

It is easy to get to the French Quarter from the hotel...two blocks one way is Canal; one block another way is Poydras. You are up at the top of those roads, though and it is about a 15-20 minute walk to Jackson Square. There is supposedly a trolley line near the hotel, but I didn't use it.

There is a Walgreens nearby and two restaurants that we found.
I got a cab from Frenchman Street back to the hotel one night and it cost $7

Room Tip: We stayed on the 16 floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here for seven nights during 'Wrestlemania Week'.

The hotel is in a great location, a five minute walk to the Superdome and arena, and around ten minutes from Bourbon Street and Canal Street.

The rooms are large, comfy and clean with everything you need in there.

All of the staff were fantastic and very helpful and informative with any questions we had.

There is a flat rate of $33 in a cab to and from the airport which reception can arrange for you.

If I was back in New Orleans I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed here during French Quarter Fest, and it was everything I needed and nothing I didn't. I was able to get away without renting a car or using a taxi during my 3 night stay, as I was able to walk to/from the Amtrak train station, and to/from the French Quarter. Everywhere else I wanted to go was very accessible using the streetcar system ($3 for unlimited 1 day usage = a steal). Scott, the tour booking/info rep was very good and was eager to give all relevant information and helpful tips without having to ask. I decided to extend my stay, and Velma was very friendly and helpful in doing that very late at night too.
It was a bit more expensive than I was used to with Holiday Inns, but it was also disproportionally nicer than I was used to with Holiday Inns. Plus, since I was there during French Quarter Fest, I could only expect rates to go up anyway.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Selma, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed here on a recent business trip for my husband & the hotel was nice. The lobby and halls are all updated with modern art. The rooms are in great condition. Comfortable beds. Great amenities. However, the area is undergoing some construction behind the hotel & extremely noisy. Also, near the hospital so all we heard the whole time was sirens and cars revving their engines. By far the noisiest place I've ever stayed. The husband and I decided to try the restaurant downstairs for dinner. I asked for a grilled chicken sandwhich and fries. They brought me a grilled cheese with ketchup! The girl happily fixed it but then brought me the driest chicken I've ever ate. For two people it was 65.00. For a small steak and scoop of potatoes and dry chicken. So the next morning we tried the breakfast. We were under the impression it was continental. Boy were we wrong! The waitress was rude and it was 35.00 for breakfast!! I enjoyed the room but definitely will not be staying again.

• Stayed April 2014
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for highlighting our successes and enlightening us on where to focus our efforts! We certainly appreciate your time. The final renovation project will be completed within the next few months, and fortunately the tasks creating noise have past at this time. I’m truly sorry they disrupted your stay. The finished product will result in gorgeous new meeting spaces to host an endless array of events! I’ve shared your feedback with the entire Food & Beverage team so we can work on delivering a more consistent and better quality guest experience. I hope this incident does not in fact deter you from returning. I have no doubt you’d be impressed with our progress should you choose to re-visit our property! We take to heart this useful information and will utilize it to reach our goal of providing a memorable experience by exceeding guests’ expectations!
drogheda Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have just arrived home after a fantastic trip to New Orleans, and the Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. I was with my son for Wrestlemania and the hotel was just a short walk to the Arena. The staff in the hotel were very helpful and cheerful, I had a problem one morning with the hot water for showers, I rang reception and it was sorted in no time at all. We walked a lot around New Orleans which I found was a great way to see the city, it was just a 15 minute walk to the French quarter, what a vibrant part of the city, so much going on, loads of restaurants and bars , and music seemed to be all around .When We were checking out of the hotel the receptionist asked if we would like to leave our cases in safe room, but as we were leaving for the airport she rang a taxi for us and told us to sit and relax while we waited for it to arrive. I will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn again when I next visit New Orleans.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor overlooking the street , the only noise was if the Ambulance from the medi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We greatly appreciate the kind review! Our staff had as much fun during Wrestlemania as our guests did! The event hosted such an excited group of visitors enjoying our vibrant city for all it has to offer. I hope this fantastic experience will urge you to make a return trip to New Orleans and the Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome!
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed at the hotel back in February with a large group. We had some minor issues with the hotel. First with the enclosed picture of my air vent in my bathroom. The room seemed very dusty. I have allergies but there were very sensitive while in the room.
Glad I was on one of the higher floors because it seemed my sliding glass door could get pushed in very easily.
Lastly, one of my co-worker got his wallet stolen from his room when he went to the hotel gym for an hour. The only one that used a key to go into his room for that hour was the maid as per the hotel. Pretty cut and dry BUT no one confessed to it. The ironic thing was the hotel gave him the amount of money that was stolen. It was more of a pain for my co-worker flying home with no ID.
I would beware of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing our property, spring is a beautiful time of year in the South! However, there are some days when pollen clings to everything. I regret you had trouble with your allergies and assure you the filters in our rooms are cleaned regularly as part of our preventative maintenance program. The vent on the balcony is in fact open to the elements, but screens inside the units are consistently washed. I am aware of the issue encountered by your friend and our Security team, in addition to the NOPD swiftly investigated the matter. They did not find any hotel employee at fault and neither did your colleague. We offered him spending money as a courtesy for the inconvenience and a show of good faith as we did not want his trip to be ruined. This was an unfortunate circumstance and we sincerely apologize it occurred. The hotel staff did everything in their power to ensure the remainder of his stay was enjoyable. The Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome has been fully renovated and our team truly puts their heart into the service provided. Please re-consider a return trip to our location, I have no doubt we can exceed your expectations if given another chance!

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!