I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I had to drive my daughter from GA to TX and return to pick her up, and I was so impressed with this property and its staff that I stayed there on both legs of the trip. I got the "Welcome Center Rate," advertised in a brochure at the state line, of $59 Monday-Thursday nights, with FREE PARKING, and couldn't have been more pleased. The hotel is lovely. As a mother travelling alone with a teenage daughter, I found the parking and security to be impressive. The pool on the 8th floor is lovely, and there is a nice open lounge nearby where you can sit in the A/C and keep an eye on the kids. Noise was not a problem at all; there were high school athletes staying on either side of us, and we only heard them when they were out on their balconies. Street noise was not an issue, either; we were awakened by a jubilant crow one morning; he was on the roof of an adjacent building and was quite happy about something! (My husband could not believe that we were awakened by a bird in the CITY!)
The staff goes out of their way to help you with any need, however small; our toilet had a problem, and it was fixed within minutes. Staff morale seems to be high at this hotel; everyone is genuinely helpful. We ate in the restaurant at my tired daughter's insistence, and the food was tasty enough. The service was excellent.
The only issue is that there is only one washer and dryer, and, at a hotel that regularly hosts athletes, you would think they would address that (I heard this complaint from the coaches who travel there every year as well). The laundry facility was nice, however, and had a TV. Cab fares were reasonable to the French Quarter, and I would recommend this hotel to absolutely anyone. We will return! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a refreshed Holiday Inn! Visit the recipient of the Customer Service Excellence award by IHG. Rooms feature Simmons pillow top mattresses and new pillow options. Relax in our courtesy area shuttle. Savor fresh coffee and pastries daily. Stay connected with FREE wireless. Plunge in our large rooftop pool and energize in our fitness center. Our full service property offers tantalizing meals morning, noon and night. Adult beverage options showcased in our Mardi Gras Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome Hotel New Orleans
- Downtown Superdome Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Superdome