“Pleasant Hotel and Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

You added Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #63 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Sydney, Australia
“Pleasant Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Chose this hotel mainly for location and rate, and had no regrets. Very helpful staff, esp. with directions for first time visitors like us. Emailed them few weeks after to complain about erroneous charge on my card. Most impressed with Vera Bradley who promptly reversed it. Would definitely book this hotel again on our next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for the kind words! We take great pride in a staff that enjoys providing an experience. When guests acknowledge their hard work, it gives management the opportunity to recognize them! We appreciate you taking the time to do so; a wonderful review is a cherished reward for our service!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I been to many hotel over the years but, Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome is the best in my book. The rooms are dust free, no perfume smell, mattress strain free, yes I do check (LOL) the employees are so, so friendly and the front desk know what there doing. We are becoming regular customers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
“Home away from home” is all that we hope for our guests! Thank you for recognizing this feeling of warmth. The employees take great pride in providing southern hospitality and welcoming guests to the Crescent City! Our local culture is incredibly vibrant and we certainly love to share; our property is honored it starts with the hotel staff.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed there in July for a few nights. We got to NOLA around noon, there was a few room available so they let us check early, they even got us a pool view room. The staff at check was real nice and helpful. Most of the other staff was also very helpful. The hotel is just down from the Superdome and close to the entrance of Bourbon St. The rooms are really nice. There was only a few things I didn't like, the toilet lid in our room did not stay up, you had to hold the lid with one hand or go siting down. And they charge $25.00 a night for parking. So we found parking a short walk from the hotel at canal and Roberson street for only $2.00 for 12 hour and $5.00 over night parking. $7.00 is a lot better then $25.00 we were there for 3 days and spent less then one day at the hotel on parking. There is no guard on duty, but my car was parked there for 3 days and it was not broken into, vandalized or dented in any shape or form. The parking lot is well lit and if your car is build after the year 2000 or in 2000 like my car it probably has an anti-theft system. If you don't have one on your car, you can look online for these little red blinking lights that you can put in your car to make people think you have a anti-theft system and after buying that blinking light and paying the $7.00 for 24 hours is still cheaper then paying for parking at the hotel.
Overall it was a nice place and if I get back to NOLA I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Covington, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stay at the Holiday Inn Superdome when we are cruising out of New Orleans. The staff is very helpful and friendly, the hotel is nice and clean and is convienently located in the downtown area. We walk to the French Quarter to eat dinner and the hotel provides a free shuttle for transporation to the ship port (you have to get a cab back though but it's very reasonable). This is a great hotel to stay at no matter what your reason for going to New Orleans is, not just for cruises.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

First time here.Use to stay on Royal St. Got sold.Now Doubletree. Construction going on in Hotel.,It was hard to get a cocktail. Food was good.Will go back.Was Quiet. Breakfast buffet was Excellent.Would be nice to get a crab omlet.

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this particular Holiday Inn over the essence fest weekend,and it's a decent looking hotel alot of construction going on in the front so I didn't know what to expect in the rooms, but At check in I was greeted by Alex, who was very helpful and very knowledge able about the area and the events, even gave us great places to eat,and mapped it out on a map, he was really great. As far as rooms go they were decorated nice but the plumbing in the bathroom was not up to par, the toilets barely flush and the water in the sink barely runs,but everything else was fine, another person at the front desk before I forget that helped was Laci,she helped out with directions.The food at the restaurant was subpar/average but I guess I'm comparing it to all the great restaurants in New Orleans so I guess for any other city it's above average,Overall the hotel is fine definitely not the best in New Orleans but you can tell its trying

• Stayed July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for about a month now. This hotel is fabulous and the people that work here are even better. I have worked in the hospitality industry for 9 years and expect the same level of service that I provide. It is very difficult to impress me and this is the first review I have ever written. However, I was so blown away by the customer service I recieved that I have to write one! Here are some reasons why:

1. When we arrived, I was a bit nervous, there was a crazy lady yelling profanities at the guest services clerk. This delayed our check in. However, without having to compain, the manager quickly apologized and offered a complimentary breakfast in the restaurant

1. The hotel is just a few blocks from the French Quarter, which I really liked. The french quarter can be kind of noisy so it was easy to get a good nights sleep at the Holiday Inn as it was very quiet

2. Beds were super comfy!

3. rooms and hotel common areas were very clean

2. the hotel itself has undergone renovations and it looks great! I didn't feel like I was in a holiday inn. The pool reminds me of a vegas style pool with chic cabanas and comfy day beds.

3. Everyone that worked in this hotel, smiled and said hello when they past you in the hallway. They were quick to offer suggestions of local restaurants and attractions

4. When we went to the restaurant for our complimentary breakfast, I was expecting the "typical" hotel breakfast. It was amazing! One of the best meals I had in New Orleans. I had the creol seafood omlette. It came piping hot, it was a big portion for the price (though I didn't have to pay for it) and it was so tasty!

5. Our server at the restaurant, Elaina (i think was her name), was one of the best servers I have come across. EVER. Again, I was in the hospitality industry for years so it is a big statement coming from me. She greeted us within 30 seconds of us sitting down and was very pleasant. She quickly brought us our drinks and recommended menu items. She knew exactly what was in every dish. When she brought our food, she came back after the first couple bites to ask how everything was tasting. She refilled our waters constantly. She was always around if we needed anything. She was great!

6. Another time, we went to the restaurant and it had closed 15 minutes ago. However, we were going on a tour and we were really hungry. The server, was kind enough to pack us up some toast and jam even though they were closed.

7. The food and beverage manager for the restaurant (I can't remember his name) was also really great! He is new to the restaurant and just relocated from somewhere else. He was very friendly and attentive. You can really see that team work was a principle value in the restaurant as no one said "hang on I will get your server for you" They all pitched in and helped each other out.

I would definetly stay here again and really recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!