Tom and I spent three nights here last weekend. I had organized a class reunion during Jazz Fest. This hotel is located four blocks from the French Quarter. I selected it because the rate was significantly less than a hotel directly in the quarter. There is a streetcar stop right across the street. We only used the street car once when it rained because it was such an easy walk to the Quarter.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We were given permission to hold a nightly cocktail party next to the pool on the roof. Bringing our own beer, wine and snacks was no problem. Being allowed to hold this party was the glue that held our reunion together. It was wonderful to be able to sit and catch up with each other before going out to dinner. The atmosphere was also very relaxing and nice.
The hotel itself is older but has been refurbished. It has a nice looking bar and restaurant adjacent to the lobby. The rooms are on the small side, but adequate. They are decorated in an Art Deco style with Andy Warhol replica pictures. The bed was comfortable. The pillows are small(I prefer regular size). There is a choice of firm or soft. The bathroom is also on the small side but is nicely appointed with granite counter tops and good toiletries.
We found it very easy to book a restaurant or a tour through the hotel.
Parking is expensive at $26.00 per night. I would say that that would be the only negative to staying at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a refreshed Holiday Inn! Visit the recipient of the Customer Service Excellence award by IHG. Rooms feature Simmons pillow top mattresses and new pillow options. Relax in our courtesy area shuttle. Savor fresh coffee and pastries daily. Stay connected with FREE wireless. Plunge in our large rooftop pool and energize in our fitness center. Our full service property offers tantalizing meals morning, noon and night. Adult beverage options showcased in our Mardi Gras Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome Hotel New Orleans
- Downtown Superdome Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Superdome