“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #59 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Sydney, Australia
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Rooms were spacious but a little dated. Staff and service were excellent (including the bar man !). Location was fairly good - 10 minute walk to Bourbon Street (although wouldn't want to do it at night) and other attractions.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Polish first
Lanaken, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is about 5 minutes walk from the French Quarter (Bourbon street where the parties are every night). It has very nice staff. Even though it was overbooked when we arrived and they couldn't offer the room we wanted, we were given the option of staying in a different kind of room free of charge for one night (1+1 spare bed) or go to another hotel.
The rooms are nice, equipped with everything you might need, clean and tidy. You can find different kinds of pillows as well, from soft to hard.
The only thing I didn't like was the balcony door. In our rooms (both of them on the 16th and 17th floor) were relatively noisy from all the traffic and sirens going on outside and below. The balcony door in our room was broken, it was not sliding properly and it could be closed with a gap of about half an inch.
Other than that the place was good, the pricing was good, so I'd come back with some earplugs anytime.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our company has been using this hotel for an important project in New Orleans for sometime and the service we have received, and me personally, have been superior. Ms. Thais Ellison has been extremely helpful from the sales staff and is extremely accommodating to help book your stay. She always is willing to help in all regards and will take the extra step to ensure you, as the traveler, are completely satisfied with the Holdiay Inn experience.

I would also like to say that the hotel restaurant is very good and great service, including Scott, who is extremely impressive in his talents and people skills. Not only does he remembers customers names (from out of town), but remembers why they are there and always has a great greeting for them when he sees them and makes it worthwhile to visit. Top notch professional all around.

N Barron

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Madison, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this Holiday Inn. At times, there was a long wait for an elevator due to repairs and upkeep.
I especially want to mention "Scott" the bartender at the hotel. He was always pleasant, personable, professional, and efficient. Even when he had a full bar, he continued to engage with customers while serving them. His pleasant, approachable demeanor made a difference during my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cocoa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I booked a block of 30 rooms for a March meeting in the New Orleans area. They surprised me at checkin with an upgrade to their Presidents Suite. Yay!! I've booked a lot of room blocks and this is the best upgrade yet! The suite was spacious with a separate living and sleeping area. Probably a bit much for one person, but I enjoyed it anyway. I was a bit surprised that the bathroom was the same as the regular rooms, but that is not a complaint. The bed was a king size and very comfortable. It was a quiet room, I could only hear my neighbors running water in the bathroom.

The hotel is clean and nicely decorated. It is walking distance to the French Quarter but wear your sneakers. There is a restaurant and bar in the lobby. I did not use either. The staff is friendly and helpful.

From the other 30 guests in my room block, I only heard a few complaints. One was very legitimate, her door would not lock, you could just push it open. This was a lesson for me because I never check my door assuming that it locks. I always check now. The hotel was completely booked so they could not move her and it took two calls to maintenance to get it repaired. She was rightly upset.

Another guest had a stopped up bathtub drain that maintenance repaired. Several guests complained about the size of the fitness center. I agree, it is very small. Also heard a few complaints about the elevators being slow. However, there was a notice hanging in them that they were being renovated.

For the block, they gave us free wifi in the rooms, free parking and upgraded two other rooms. However, those two guests said their upgrade was only to a king instead of a double.

I have to say that I was a bit apprehensive booking at a Holiday Inn since my preference is two other major hotel brands. This Holiday Inn did the job, I was not disappointed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Clean, spacious rooms. Separate sink outside of bathroom was a nice addition. Microwave and mini-refrig. in room was helpful. Room opened up to balcony with view of city hall. Good breakfast buffet. Small registration area which became somewhat crowded with bus load of travelers. Concierge service very helpful. Cable car runs directly in front of hotel. Few taxis. A few restaurants within a block or two; otherwise, several large vacant building adjacent to hotel. Close to Superdome. Parking convenient. Multiple elevators, but appeared only two working during my 3 day stay. They were very slow from upper floors. A distance from Bourbon St. and "thick" of things, but within walking distance for those "conditioned" for hiking.

Room Tip: Go for balcony room facing city hall.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Crystal, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Likes: Price compared to other hotels, on Loyola streetcar line (stop one block away), balcony facing Superdome was nice, good newer flat panel tv, hotel has had recent cosmetic makeover, but needs a mechanical one too, easy safe walk to Superdome, quiet on 16th floor, 1 block to Walgreens store, bathroom area had two sinks, staff was very pleasant, comfortable bed, sectional couch in room.

Dislikes: slow elevator (4 cars running - 2 broken), safe in room did not work (my call to fix it did not get it repaired), a/c blew right in my face on my side of the bed, expensive breakfast in hotel (don't order pancakes), minor room repairs were needed.

Room Tip: Get a high room with a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear K H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am glad that you found the staff pleasant and the beds comfortable. On the other hand, please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!