“The stay was great but a bad ending soured me a little.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

You added Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #65 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Vancouver, BC
“The stay was great but a bad ending soured me a little.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here the night before a cruise and the experience was awesome from check in to check out and everything in between. People were great, room was awesome and the location was right for the price. I was a little disappointed when I asked about breakfast upon my arrival the only suggestion was tier restaurant but I did not think much of it as I used trip advisor to find something. When I got off the cruise I changed my shuttle pick up to the hotel as it was alter int e day rather than the terminal as it would be too busy in the afternoon. I got back to the hotel early and my daughter was sleeping int the stroller so I figured I would sit in the restaurant and have a drink while I waited. It took ten minutes to be seated and by that time my daughter woke up. After another 5-10 minutes of no help or acknowledgment I gave up. I asked the concierge where I could get some orange juice for my daughter who was thirsty. She said I could try the bar to which I replied I tried but no one has helped me for the last ten minutes. She rudely said well they do not open till 2 in five minutes. At that point I simply left as they were only interested in pushing their restaurant. I walked up the street found a Hilton gardens who happily helped me get some orange juice and made us feel welcome even though we were not guests.

It is a great hotel but do not expect much in the way of local suggestions.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
I’m terribly sorry for the restaurant staff’s behavior. It’s upsetting you had to leave our property to receive the service you desired, however, I’m glad you were accommodated in the end. Awareness is the first step and we ran with your feedback! The F&B managers immediately introduced a new service training program for their staff and will re-focus their efforts. Guest service is our number one priority so we do not take lightly to hearing otherwise. Your time and observations are greatly appreciated. We look forward to exceeding your expectations next time around, in all departments!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

As tournament director of the Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate Golf Championship the Holiday Inn-Superdome rolled out the red carpet for our coaches, players and guests! I was extremely impressed with how professional everyone was and the customer service was fantastic. The parking, registration, rooms and breakfast was absolutely perfect. Thank you so much Shelly!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for the kind review! We are working diligently toward a coveted customer service award; feedback such as this lets us know we're on the right track! Shelly, from our Sales Team, does a fantastic job taking care of her groups. Thank you for recognizing her efforts, its well deserved. Exceptional service is our number one priority and we are so pleased you left with such a great impression!
Where you want to be
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My stay here was great! The rooms were comfortable and beautiful. I really enjoyed seeing Miss Juanita while I was there. She was just fabulous. I always greeting people, happy, and very helpful on good places to go. We will be back soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for acknowledging our beautiful rooms! They were renovated with a contemporary design making us a contender with even the trendiest New Orleans properties. The 1st floor and hotel entrance are currently being re-vamped to match the modern motif upstairs. Your recognition of our staff and service is also appreciated as we strive to provide great guest service!
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Traveled to New Orleans with friends for the Rock and Roll Marathon in February. While not as deep in the Latin Quarter as the Sheraton, Hilton, Westin or Marriott, the hotel is still quite centrally located and a short walk from all the action. This Holiday Inn (with a 14 story painting of a clarinet) has been completely renovated with cool, funky wallpaper and furniture in the common areas (very New Orleans, but has a 70s feel). Bedrooms are very nice with comfortable beds, modern furniture and excellent lighting. Sliding glass doors (only item that still dates the hotel) go out to a personal balcony overlooking the city. Bathrooms are very small, but very nice sink, shower and low profile toilet. Additionally, there is a second sink and mirror next to the front door outside of the bathroom, which is nice for multiple guests. Front desk and the concierge are very engaging and helpful. Overall a great stay (with good value) in a truly unique American city.

Room Tip: While the rooms are not terribly noisy, having a room on the south side (Rampart Street) and higher...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am so happy with my stay, the treatment I received here was amazing. They accommodated all of my requests whether it be setting an alarm, or ordering a cab for my interview. Nadia went out of her way to ensure that I was completely comfortable during my stay. I loved new orleans and a huge part of it is related to me having a nice stay in the hotel. They were very accommodating of my luggage storage needs too which is huge for me since my medical school interview started early and was done after check out time.

Room Tip: I liked the room I was in. It looked over the back lot of the hotel, quiet and overall very comforta...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I don't review hotels often but when I checked in I was asked to write a review so here it is.
I like a quiet room so at check in I asked for a room that was not near the elevator or the ice machine. When I located my room I was amazed to find it was sandwiched between the elevator and the ice machine - room 816 is all on its own in this odd situation. Not only that, but there were a huge group of college students staying here and their information center was right by the elevator on this floor; the man on the desk had one of those voices that is always on loud. I could hear everything in my room.
Of course I got my room changed.
Then late at night the same woman who had checked me in to that awful room wakes me up with a phone call to ask if I had booked a cab for the next day, which I had not. She didn't even apologise for disturbing me.
So, Nadia, since you asked me to write a review I have written one, but I am not happy with your service.

Room Tip: Get a high floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I apologize for the inconvenience of not having your request accommodated resulting in changing rooms. There was a college golf tournament in-house with a registration table on your original floor. The front desk staff was informed of the event and certainly should have been more mindful of your concerns. The feedback provided will aid in future training sessions; we always appreciate an opportunity to improve. In the event you choose our property again I have no doubt we can make your stay a 10!
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I'm not an experienced traveller, but overall I have to say that our stay at the hotel was very pleasant. We chose the place due to the its proximity to the french quarter (a safe walk away), free wi-fi, reasonable price, fridge, mircowave, coffee maker, and TA reviews. All of the staff were nice, and friendly, our room was done every day (even on the day we said we didn't necessarily need it done, since they had already passed), We never used the pool since it was too cold, nor did we indulge in the free breakfast, since it was too early for us. We used the wi-fi and the coffee maker, but bought our own coffee and milk, since the coffee provided wasn't great. The fridge was nice for keeping drinks cold. There were a couple of minor issues. One day (out of the 8 we stayed there), the hot water was only lukewarm. However, by the next day, it was working again. The second issue was, on the day that we were leaving, we discovered water dripping from the ceiling in the bathroom. We were leaving, so we didn't care, but called the desk right away to let them know. Maintenance was there shortly. Anyway, I guess that's all I have to say!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!