“Beyond and above” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #61 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
De Valls Bluff, Arkansas
“Beyond and above”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I made reservations in March for a stay at the hotel through Stay 123 for one night at this hotel with two rooms so we could park and leave our vehicle while we cruised in November. In July my credit card had been used fraudualently and the card had to be canceled. I did not think about this being the card I made the reservations on in March. When we arrrived there were no rooms and there were not any close that were affordable. Donna Bailey, Manager, made arrangements for us to stay in a room that had a couch that made out into a bed and brought us roll aways. She went above and beyond what she had to do in order for us to be able to have a place to stay that night and we were able to use the shuttle to the pier. We all really appreciated what she did and the staff did everything to make us comfortable. We didn't arrive until almost mid night and because the credit card that was used to make the reservations was no longer valid our reservations were cancelled. She could have told us there was nothing she could do but she didn't, she helped us so much and we really appreciated her kindness. It is hard to find good hearted people now a days but she is definelty one of a kind. We will definetely use this hotel again in the future.

705 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Polish first
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We booked the hotel due to its proximity with the New Orleans Courthouse. The staff, especially Alex and Patrice at the front desk, all of dining and the ladies who cleaned our room, did a fantastic job of making us feel at home. When we needed something, had questions or just to talk to a friendly face, we found it readily. Our travel to New Orleans was not for pleasure yet it was always a comfort when arrived home for the day. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there again if possible.

Room Tip: The food at the Streetcar restaurant was fantastic. The catfish dish served in the evening is the be...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
97 wallace rd nashville tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

we stayed there for only 1 night was on 18th floor but felt like i was up there, over all good place and good location.another thing i love was the pool area i did not get inn to pool but my buddy did while we were having some cold one.

Room Tip: try to stay on 8th floor cuz the pool area
Ada, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was at the Loyola location for 2 months and the entire staff made me feel like family! Bryan and Thelma at the front desk always greeted me in a friendly manner and by name; Javier, Danika, Jasmine and Raisa in the hotel resturant always recognized me by name and treated me like family. The 11th floor Housekeepers - what can I say but that they really look after you! My experience at the HI Downtown Superdome really was super!! I would recommend this hotel for short or long stays - mine was a bit longer than normal but I was assisting survivors of Hurricane Issac. Great place for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Southgate, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Upon my arrival at this location, I discovered that my reservation (which I booked through a third party provider) was not registering at this location. This is a situation that could have turned into a nightmare quickly. But thanks the hard work of Nadia and assistant manager Donna Bailey, my nightmare was changed to a dream, Their customer service was extraordinary! They got my friends and I in our rooms in no time. I have dealt with hotels when sitiuations go bad and ususally the customer service goes south. But in the case of Nadia and Donna, their exceptional customer service never waivered once. I would llike to thank them for helping my vacation from being ruined and would recommend any person visiting the New Orleans area to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HI-NewOrleans, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you kindly for your wonderful comments! We strive to provide exceptional service and it's great to know our guests feel they are receiving it! We look forward to exceeding your expectations once again any time you wish to return.
Stockbridge, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was trying to remember the name of a sandwich shop during a recent trip to New Orleans and Cindy, the concierge, was able to nail the place down and we were able to have a great lunch at "Mother's". All the staff at this hotel were a dream to work with.

It would be nice if they got some new mattresses in the rooms though

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Göttingen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I, visited a convention in New Orleans and stayed for 6 nights in this hotel.

Pros:
1. The hotel is walking distance from the convention center and from the French quarter.

2. The room was spacious and really cozy, one of the best I stayed in.

3. Internet is decent and free.

4.There is a fridge in the room.

5.There is a normal size supermarket (not a tiny grocery store) 7 minutes by foot from the hotel (you can actually see from the hotel).

6. Staff is helpful and nice, though sometimes you have to make sure that they listen to you till the end before jumping to conclusions and rushing doing things that you did not ask for.

Cons:
1. There is not much of a lobby and what there is, is not really inviting (for those who look for one)

2. We ate breakfast once at the hotel and the service can really be improved: we found it chaotic and slow.

3. There was a noise from outside air condition units (small turbo prop airplane style): it means that you have to sleep with windows closed.

4. If you have a connecting door in the room, you might hear your neighbors. It, of course depends on neighbors but we had quite an experience in our last night.

5. No 220/240 V in the bathroom

6. the upper part of the Canal street (leads to the Loyola Ave) feels not safe. We had to use Poydras Ave. or some other more inner streets.

Summary:
Overall, it was a good but not perfect stay, good value for money.

Room Tip: The higher the better because of the noise from A/C units
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the constructive feedback! The guest room floors have already been renovated, as you mentioned enjoying the room itself. The lobby, restaurant, and porte coche are scheduled to be renovated as well in the near future. Hopefully, you will return to re-evaluate the new and improved areas! They will follow the contemporary theme implemented upstairs and will be absolutely beautiful! I also feel once the construction from the new trolly line is complete, the Loyola entrance will be much more inviting and pedestrian traffic will feel more comfortable traversing the area. Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!