While at a conference being held at the nearby Hyatt, I choose to stay here due to its proximity to that location. This was a very well appointed Holiday Inn, very clean and very comfortable beds. The concierge, Lynn, a native of New Orleans, was very helpful selecting the perfect two hour small bus tour since I arrived earlier than I could check in.
It was a bit of a hike to the river walk end of the French Quarter so be prepared for that. It is a good way to walk off the amazing cuisine however, just be sure to wear layers and comfortable shoes.
The hotel restaurant was typical but good, only wish it opened at 6 instead of 6:30 and for some odd reason the breakfast buffet isnt served until 7:00 - or alternately that there was coffee in the lobby. Each room has a Kuerig coffe machine but the coffe was weak, so if you enjoy a good strong cup of coffee, bring your own. I actually found that to be true everywhere in this city.
This Holiday Inn is Definately a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a refreshed Holiday Inn! Visit the recipient of the Customer Service Excellence award by IHG. Rooms feature Simmons pillow top mattresses and new pillow options. Relax in our courtesy area shuttle. Savor fresh coffee and pastries daily. Stay connected with FREE wireless. Plunge in our large rooftop pool and energize in our fitness center. Our full service property offers tantalizing meals morning, noon and night. Adult beverage options showcased in our Mardi Gras Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome Hotel New Orleans
- Downtown Superdome Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Superdome