“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

You added Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #64 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Douglasville, Georgia
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I wouls like to say that I was not expecting much from this hotel. However, when we walkes into or room, it was a great surprise to us. The room was spacious enough for us to throw a small hospitality in there (in N.O. for convention). Bed was so comfortable that i did not want to get up the next morning. The one thing that spoiled our stay a bit was the water was not hot in the shower. It was probably lukewarm at best! Other than that, we really enjoyes our stay there.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
APMAN652
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was traveling to New Orleans for Hurricane Isaac response and stayed at the downtown Holiday Inn. Overall the hotel was very good. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. However the balcony doors need to be replaced with heavier/sound prevention doors. Each night, sirens from emergency vehicles were very loud, like I had the door open. The pool is nice, as well as, the sun deck area. The elevators are very old and need some repair and/or replacement. The location of the hotel is not very walk-able. It is several blocks to the tourist areas and those blocks contain several dark streets, construction areas and unsafe conditions. Also, we did not see any close resturants nearby. If you want to go to Bourbon street do yourself a favor and drive to that area. Again, overall the hotel was what I expected, clean rooms, and good customer service. There are several other options near the Bourbon street area and Harrahs casino but you are going to pay a lot more for those higher end hotel chains.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel has all the amenities one would expect from a centrally located hotel in New Orleans. It is the superior staff that separates it from others. Everyone --from Alex, Lucien, Donna, Lyshonda & Patrice at the front desk, to the wait staff in the hotel's restaurant to the cleaning ladies on the 14th floor-- treated us as if we were family and went out of their way to accommodate us during a 4 day stay due to evacuation from hurricane Isaac. My family & I cannot say enough good things about the friendly and caring service we received at this hotel and we plan to stay again during more pleasant circumstances.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Meridian, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here while we were in town for the football game. The hotel is only a few blocks from the superdome. I had reserved a double room, but was given a room with a single king bed. I phoned the desk and they fixed it immediately. Good customer service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here for a week on one of three trips to New Orleans in August, and I would rank this hotel second between the nicer Hilton Garden Inn (CBD) and the not as nice Courtyard by Marriott (Convention Center). This hotel seems dated in many ways but the rooms have been upgraded. The rooms are a little smaller compared to some of the other places I stayed in New Orleans, but they are well appointed. The biggest complaint I had while there is the elevators are very slow and make staying on a high floor a little bit of a pain (I was on 17). The lock didn't work on the fitness center and so I had to go to the front desk to get them to let me in. The hotel is close to many things, but is further away from many attractions when compared to most other options. During my stay I parked in a garage at the corner of O'Keefe and Gravier that only cost $4 a night on week nights which was a nice suprise compared to the nearly $30 a night that the Holiday Inn charges.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Kyle G,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm truly pleased you liked well appointed rooms. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience the room allocation and elevator services caused you. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Excellent hotel, just a few issues:
One of the parking lot booth attendants didn't stop talking on her cell phone while we were trying to figure out how to open the gate with our card. She didn't even say 'hello' two days in a row
$25dls a night for the parking lot? Why don't they include the parking pass in the cost of the room?
The room was great. The balcony and the bathroom need an upgrade, though. Bathroom is kind of small.
I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had been shopping around for a park and cruise package and I came across this location. The price and location looked great, but I needed one question answered before booking. I called the hotel directly and Lucius answered, I asked him did this location shuttle to the cruise terminal. He put me on hold and tranferred me to the Unknown. This should have been a simple question to answer. Anyway I figured if he was not competant enough to answer the question the hotel property wouldnt be to different. On to the next.........

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome? Share your experiences!