“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

You added Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #65 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Meridian, Mississippi
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here while we were in town for the football game. The hotel is only a few blocks from the superdome. I had reserved a double room, but was given a room with a single king bed. I phoned the desk and they fixed it immediately. Good customer service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here for a week on one of three trips to New Orleans in August, and I would rank this hotel second between the nicer Hilton Garden Inn (CBD) and the not as nice Courtyard by Marriott (Convention Center). This hotel seems dated in many ways but the rooms have been upgraded. The rooms are a little smaller compared to some of the other places I stayed in New Orleans, but they are well appointed. The biggest complaint I had while there is the elevators are very slow and make staying on a high floor a little bit of a pain (I was on 17). The lock didn't work on the fitness center and so I had to go to the front desk to get them to let me in. The hotel is close to many things, but is further away from many attractions when compared to most other options. During my stay I parked in a garage at the corner of O'Keefe and Gravier that only cost $4 a night on week nights which was a nice suprise compared to the nearly $30 a night that the Holiday Inn charges.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Kyle G,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm truly pleased you liked well appointed rooms. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience the room allocation and elevator services caused you. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Excellent hotel, just a few issues:
One of the parking lot booth attendants didn't stop talking on her cell phone while we were trying to figure out how to open the gate with our card. She didn't even say 'hello' two days in a row
$25dls a night for the parking lot? Why don't they include the parking pass in the cost of the room?
The room was great. The balcony and the bathroom need an upgrade, though. Bathroom is kind of small.
I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had been shopping around for a park and cruise package and I came across this location. The price and location looked great, but I needed one question answered before booking. I called the hotel directly and Lucius answered, I asked him did this location shuttle to the cruise terminal. He put me on hold and tranferred me to the Unknown. This should have been a simple question to answer. Anyway I figured if he was not competant enough to answer the question the hotel property wouldnt be to different. On to the next.........

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Staff was very friendly overall. Rodney the bellman was amazing. We had a group of 23 people/mostly teens - including one in a wheelchair - and he was very personable and helpful during our stay. Hotel was clean. When conventions come into town (like ours) please be more prepared with "grab and go" meals on a daily basis. This was my only complaint of our stay! Thanks for providing a nice experience during our special trip to New Orleans!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown - Superdome last year when I was attending a convention in the French Quarter, and it was perfectly nice, standard Holiday Inn with friendly and accommodating staff. Hotwire got me a pretty good deal again for this year's iteration of the convention, and I was pleased to find that I knew the hotel from my previous stay.

Since my last stay, though, the hotel has undergone a comprehensive renovation. Hallways are newly carpeted and I think painted, while guest rooms are much nicer with stylish decor and furniture (dark gray and red walls with Warhol prints!) and feel bigger. Lots of counter/desktop space, lots of electrical outlets (which most hotels don't seem to have), big flatscreen TV. There was construction outside (I believe they're putting in a new streetcar line on Loyola Street), but we didn't hear a thing.

The blackout curtains certainly do darken the room: a couple times I got up and dressed in the dark because my travel companions were still asleep...and then was shocked by how bright it was when I got outside!

My travel companions enjoyed the guest laundry facilities and the swimming pool, though I didn't get a chance to use either. We parked a car for our stay, and though expensive ($26.75 I believe), the convenience of not parking someplace cheaper (and having full 24/7 in & out access) was worth it.

We extended our Hotwire reservation by a day because we found ourselves near the hotel earlier than we expected. That worked fine, except we had to check out and check back into the same hotel (though that took literally about thirty seconds to receive new key cards; not bad at all.) The front desk blocked off the room for the entire duration of the stay when I mentioned this, so we wouldn't have to change rooms, which we appreciated.

All the staff was incredibly helpful, especially Brad at the front desk (who broke $20 bills for me a couple of times so I could take the bus/streetcar) and Oswald at the bell desk, who cheerfully helped us with our many heavy bags and gave us good restaurant recommendations besides. But I feel like I shouldn't single anyone out, since everyone was so very friendly. We had no problems during the stay, with the possible exception of needing more towels a couple times, but our requests were instantly filled. (Also, the previous occupants had left a plastic wand of soap bubbles in the room, which was left alone by the housekeepers.)

The shuttle service to the cruise port would be useful if it went more places, but if you're going there I can see how it'd be very helpful. It's about a ten-minute walk to the Quarter, and while the terrain can be very quiet -- downright deserted on some blocks -- I never felt unsafe. There are 24-hour drugstores and convenience stores close to the hotel, and I was glad that our room had a fridge for storing the drinks I brought along, which were very nice to have after a long day of imbibing.

At any rate, I'd unquestioningly recommend this hotel as a great value in downtown New Orleans, and one of the most consistent places I've stayed there.

Room Tip: The eighth floor looks out onto the pool and may possibly be louder, though I haven't stayed on...