“Ônly the highest praise . . .” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center

You added Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 South Peters Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Lower Garden District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #63 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
San Antonio
“Ônly the highest praise . . .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

for this well-run, modern, quiet and clean hotel. Very picky traveller here, but the staff was wonderful and the stay perfect. Checked in late and they had blocked the room for me I had requested (top floor) despite travelling on a ridiculous low Expediate rate. Every staff member tried very hard to make this a memorable stay, and they succeeded - from front desk to the breakfast hostesses and the cook. This will be my favorite hotel in New Orleans.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Bennington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

The entire staff of this hotel were wonderful, friendly, courteous, professional, helpful, always with a smile. The bellman, Ronelle (not sure the spelling) helped us through a very stressful experience with the shuttle, going above and beyond to help us. The room was great, very comfortable, and we highly recommend a stay here. It is a brief walk to the Convention Center, and comfortable walking distance to Bourbon Street, Harrah's, French Quarter, etc.

Indian in london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Very close to Ernest Morial convention center. Good sixzed rooms, 4th floor outdoor swimming pool, free coffee and cookies in the evening, some decent restaurants nearby but away from Borboun and Frenchmen.
Not sure if I would recommend walking back from there at night.
Room service and daily cleaning and replenishing of coffee and toiletries very perfunctory. Don't expect too much there. On the whole, will stay there again, but for the price of around $250++ per night, there are better options on Poydras unless you were forced to go farther away.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
TWelch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2010
Thank you about your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn – New Orleans Convention Center. We welcome and appreciate our guests’ comments as this is the best way for us to continue to improve our operation. We strive to provide exceptional service, however in your case we fell short of this goal.

I apologize that your stay with us was less than you expected, and can assure you this is not the norm. I was disappointed to read about your experience around our daily room service. Please know that your comments are reviewed with the entire team so we can address our guests concerns and improve on our services in the future.

Thank you for this valuable feedback. Our team welcomes the opportunity to show that we can do better. If you have other comments or suggestions for our hotel, please feel free to email me at tony.welch@hilton.com.

Tony Welch
Cheltenham, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

We arrived early and were allowed to check-in. Registration clerk immediately checked our bags into a holding room. While sitting & waiting, we were then approached by a clerk to visit the hospitality room which was embellished with a small delicious buffet of pasta topped with fresh lump crab meat & shrimp, fresh fruit, crackers and cheeses, and the best freshly squeeze lemonade we ever had. Clerks and bellmen were extremely kind, helpful and informative.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a medical convention. The location is excellent, near the Convention Center, National D-Day Museum, Harrah's Casino, and a short taxi-ride or 20 minute walk to the French Quarter. Rooms are spacious and clean, staff is friendly. Great customer-service, nice lobby.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

4 days after checking out of this place I notice that my online banking shows this hotel received their money yet they are still holding an additional $180.00 frozen on my account. Numerous phone calls from myself & a conference call with my bank still has them refusing to release the hold. Hiltons' accounting department verified the amount owed was the exact amount that was already deducted from my account and "suggested" I wait 3-5 more business days to see if the hold drops off or not. The bank representative told her that all she needed to do was verify she was not owed more than what had already been deducted from my account but she refused to do so. Customer Service/Management is a joke at this place!!! Do not use a bank/credit card at this place unless you plan on having twice that amount deducted from your account.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
TWelch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, April 3, 2010
I appreciate you taking time to create awareness around your experience. I can understand your frustration based on your comments and apologize that you were unable to get a resolution with our accounting department. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you so I can get additional details and assure resolution. Please contact 504-525-0044 and ask for the General Manager.
Louisiana, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

First of all, let me say I received a really great rate for this hotel on Hotwire, which may be the root of my problem. On check in, I was registered by an aloof female, bordering on rude, and I kept waiting for her to roll her eyes whenever I said anything, but she was able to control herself - barely, so it seems. The rooms are fantasic - fridge, microwave, free wireless, large and clean. Room Service is extremely expensive, slow, and the order was inaccurate, but we eventually got it straight after a few trips. Again, when calling to inquire about our hour late dinner, I encountered a very hostile female over the phone - "We are very busy now!!" Didn't care that I had some hungry children. Over an hour is way too long to wait, especially since we ordered early and they were not busy when we ordered. One word of caution though, the menus in the rooms must be old, the prices were more expensive (few dollars per entree) and they "no longer served" several items on the menu. I would return again if I got a good rate, because the rooms are fine, and the hotel is very well kept - I just appreciate good manners and professionalism, which I did not find here 50-60% of the time.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center? Share your experiences!