“Bayou Basics” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center

You added Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 South Peters Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Lower Garden District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
WWII Museum & Parking
Ranked #58 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
McKinney, Texas
“Bayou Basics”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night in this hotel and it was just "Okay". Not bad but not great either. Most other Hilton Garden Inns are nice and clean. I was a little disturbed by the lack of attention given to the dining area and the food left a lot to be desired. The staff was friendly and courteous throughout the property but it was not enough. The icing on the cake was the lack of water pressure in the shower. After the long day of walking to the Superdome and The French Quarters we were looking forward to a hot, massaging shower. We were highly disappointed. The location is good, since you are not in the hustle and bustle of The French Quarters. In my opinion this location is just basic. Certainly not what I have become accustomed to from Hilton.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

The best with this place: the people. They are swwt and helpful. The Location is quite good for all of down-town New Orleans. Other than that it's your run-off-the-mill Hilton Garden Inn with average rooms, average food, no room service.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel for business travel. I was pretty dubious at first as I have not felt pampered before at a Holiday Inn. But the room was spacious, with a large comfortable bed. The location next to the convention centre is perfect after a long day, just a 7 min walk away.

The hotel has a little gym with all the tread mill etc. I was not keen on the main evening meals but there was a large selection for breakfast.

It's also in a decent location for little bars and convenience stores and the mall is just a 10 min walk away. Running on the main streets early morning is also very safe.

• Stayed November 2012
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

You would be better served to try another hotel that is actually closer to the French Quarter and who does not charge for parking at $30.00/day. This hotel is too far where you have to walk quite a ways to get to the river, casino, or even the streetcars to site-see. During our three night, four day stay, we found the desk staff to be not too helpful and downright neglectful. I have traveled throughout on business and was embarrassed by the front desk's disregard of our requests for assistance. We were given an end room by the stairwell where we were kept awake all night by sounds of a fan switching off, then on via the back wall. When brought to the attention of the front desk, they acted like that could not be true. We ended up recording it. Nothing. We ended up staying in the room, not sleeping the next few nights. We also had a defective room phone cord with a broken line clip cord. It kept falling out of the phone. Our phone would ring and we could not answer, and it would go to voice message. We notified the front desk, who told us they would send an engineer right up. That never happened. We could never retrieve the message either. Called down to the front desk and they would tell us to press 46, which we would do and only get busy signals. We would call back and they would act impatient. This was also the time our key cards quite working. We feel the system "checked us out" but of course, we were told we must have gotten our key cards near the dreaded magnet or some other device. The engineer never fixed the broken phone and we never could check our messages and let the front desk know that as well. Guess it was not important enough. It was still that way when we checked out... The Bell Hop and valets were more helpful and highly informative! Perhaps they should switch staff or have them train the front desk personal? Anyway, save your money and try a closer hotel to the Riverwalk and streetcars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
courtney m, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Traveler1253,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We are dedicated to providing our guests with incredible experiences, and we have fallen short of our usual excellent standards. I have shared your feedback with our front desk and engineering departments, and the issues you’ve expressed concerning the lackluster service at the front desk, the phone in your room, and the noise you experienced have been addressed. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our valet attendants and bellmen, and that their friendliness and knowledge of the city was of use to you. Again, each of our guests matters tremendously to us, and I look forward to showing you what a true Hilton Garden Inn experience is like on your next stay. Although we strive for perfection, we do sometimes fall short. We’re looking forward to the opportunity to serve you again, and to prove our commitment to our guests.

If I may be of any further assistance, please contact me directly at 504-310-1499.

Courtney Milligan
Executive Assistant to the General Manager
Kansas City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I can't say enough great things about this hotel. The entire staff are always friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is inviting and comfortable and the food served is delicious. Try the Catfish Pontchartrain - its better than many dishes at any local restarant!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

DAYTONA BEACH, FL, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Satisfactory, the hotel staff and sales worked very closlely with me. All of my request were taken care of in a timely manner. The food and facilities for our dinner meeting and banquet were great. My only complaint was made in a phone call to Ester from your sales office after I had returned home and had reviewed my bill. I discovered that a contract item had not been followed. A term in the contract stated that overnight parking would be $15.00, I was over charged on the first two nights of my visit. I was charged $30.00 on these nights. this can be verified by reviewing my statement.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I was in NOLA on business and this was a perfect hotel for our group. While it was further from our meetings than I would have liked, it felt great coming back to a nice and clean hotel at night. Great staff and they have an on site meeting room that was perfect for a late dinner meeting. I would gladly stay again. Pay close attention to your GPS! It can be a little hard to find.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center? Share your experiences!