“COMFY BEDS, GREAT SERVICE!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 South Peters Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Lower Garden District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park and Play
Ranked #50 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“COMFY BEDS, GREAT SERVICE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

From the time the taxi dropped us off, we were greated with warmth and smiles. We had a double Queen room with a microwave and small refrigerator. It also had a desk, which was great because while I tagged along with my husband for a convention, I had to work and the desk space was perfect!! We had the bed & breakfast deal, which for 2, was only $15 - $20 more a night. You really weren't waited on, but there was staff there to refill your coffee. You went up to order your breakfast and could get eggs cooked any way, then they had gravy, boudin, bacon, sausage, mushrooms turkey sausage patties, etc... All kinds of breads/danish/yogurt/milk/fresh fruit/cereals and condiments were available. You could also make your own waffles. All in all, a nice spread. In the evening they offer free cookies and lemonade. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate was also available pretty much all day, free of charge. One HUGE con: the first night we went down to the bar and ordered 2 doubles to the tune of $39! Yes, $9 a drink! I went to the local liquor store the next day to buy a bottle for the week. The big bottle of Skye was $42.99 (we pay $22 for the same in Houston), but the Taaka and Smirnoff were the same cost. Do yourself a favor and stop before you get to the Quarter and get your alcohol and mixers before you arrive! I missed housekeeping twice because I was working and they had no problem when I asked them to clean the room one day at 3. The customer service was just really outstanding! It's a non smoking hotel, but they have a 'Smoker's Oasis' out the back entrance that was nice and peaceful. I even ate breakfast out there one morning. The beds have great pillows and cushy comforters and sleep was dreamy!! The view isn't great, but if you can ignore the buildings and see the sunrise past the bridge, it's beautiful! It's a walk to Bourbon street, but the taxi ride back is cheap so it's all good. I'd stay here again if doing a convention, which is a block from here! The gym is nice with tv's on each machine and plenty of free weights. The pool is heated but I didn't make it up there... All in all, great experience!

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor facing the convention center so we cleared the building obstruction. You s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough review!

469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

A little surprised about some of negative reviews... Every single person I came into contact with was nothing but stellar.

I am a Hilton Honors Silver member and got a welcome bag of goodies when I checked in, and was afforded a late check out.

Cory at the front desk and a female staff member who was decorating the lobby with Christmas tree during my stay were especially helpful with requests that I had (many as they were). True professionals!

Everyone - from conference services to the front desk - delivered service with a smile and was pleasant to deal with.

Ate in the restaurant the first day of my stay for breakfast and lunch - and loved it there, too. All you can eat in the morning, with made-to-order Omlettes... Delicious!

Parking is valet only and was a little steep at almost $30/night -- but that seems like the going rate, with the hotel only a couple miles from the heart of downtown and Bourbon Street.

The only other thing I'll say is that the beds are really firm... not too soft. So beware of falling on the bed after a long day of work or play... Ouch!

Overall - I loved this place and would stay again... primarily because of the people.

• Stayed December 2012
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thanks for your response! We are so happy that you enjoyed our stay, especially our fabulous staff. We do like to give our HHonors members goodie bags, whether you're Blue or Diamond!
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Me and my wife stayed here during the Thanksgiving weekend. The hotel is in a pretty good location, not far from the French Quarter but far enough away you won't hear all the sounds from the crowds. I think the room was a lil over priced but they have a good restaurant and a bar downstairs. The beds weren't that comforatable in my opinion, when my wife woke up her back was sore from the mattress. i've stayed in much nicer hotels in New Orleans but it was a last minute and due to it being Bayou Classic weekend, all the hotels were booked.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your mention of our lovely restaurant and wonderful location.
San Antoni
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hotel was clean for our initial evening, then I did my normal lint test by my side of the bed and they failed. No floor cleaning the next day.
The people at the front desk when we checked in, were rude almost no eye contact and two word answers.
The next mornig I talked to the front desk about the AARP discount and it was not accepted as the reservation was not made with AARP......first time I have received that statement.
Checking out a nightmare....call for some help with luggage and request my vehicle. One hour later no show as I went down and found a cart from a lady I help load her vehicle, went up to our room got our luggage went to curb no vehicle. I asked the parking attendant and he had no knowledge of my vehicle had been requested. He told me he would get it right away and it was at the curb within 5 minutes (best part).

Room Tip: Dont stay!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I was disappointed that you did not receive the excellent customer service that we strive to give to our guests, Please accept my apologies. We will be reviewing your incidents with our front desk staff to ensure that we continue to meet our high standards of customer services and do not fall short of that goal. Again, thank you for your review.
hartsdale, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My first trip to New Orleans was the weekend before Halloween. I arrived at around 10PM to the hotel after a LONG ride on the Airport Shuttle (taking a taxi is worth it!). I couldn't get into my room right away because my husband, who was already there, had the key and was at an event in the event space right next door. The front desk staff took my bags for safe keeping and walked me across the hotel to show me the entrance to the party. The front desk staff also made restaurant recommendations, helped me with getting a cab at 5AM Sunday morning, they were very helpful. The girls cooking breakfast and the wait staff were also helpful. I enjoyed their down home style of helping guests, not fake or stuffy. I was there for a small conference at the hotel and the young man helping set it up was beyond great, so attentive and helpful. I loved being in the Warehouse District, very SOHO pre-commercialization. All night party still going strong on Sunday morning at 5AM when I had to leave...loved it! BUT the food was awful, they have to do something about that! Also, update the hallways.

Room Tip: It's a noisy area of town as far as event spaces nearby, ask for a side of the building that may...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We're very happy that you stayed with us during your very first trip to New Orleans! It is a pleasure to share this wonderful city to share with our guests, Our neighborhood, the Arts & Warehouse District, is a historic, scenic area with a lot of business centers, restaurants and interesting landmarks like the WWII Museum. Thank you for your thoughtful review!
Atlantic City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

First time stay at this hotel. Other than the over zealous valet/door men,the staff is very professional. Management should have a talking to these young guys at the front door about over stepping their boundaries.
This is a great place for convention business. Not sure I would come back due to noise levels in this area( no fault of the hotel).

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We agree- this is a great hotel for conventions! I apologize that there was a lapse in the excellent guest relations we usually provide. We would like for all of our guests' interactions with our staff to be pleasant and professional. We will be addressing your review with the valet.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Recently stayed at the Hilton Garden for a one night business trip. I have stayed here before and it is a good stay as usual. The only thing that parking is really expensive. The rooms are nice and spacious. The lobby was very lively with hotel guest. The bathroom are nicve and clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your review! We're glad you enoyed your stay here as a business traveler and we're pleased that you found our rooms clean and spacious. We're also happy that you liked the lobby- we find that it's a wonderful place to drink coffee, have a drink at the bar, eat at the Garden Grill, or work in our plush library. As for the parking, we definitely hear you concern. Unfortunately, given our downtown location, there's not much we can do about the parking fees at this point. However, if you stay with us again, please ask our friendly Front Desk Agents about parking. While less convenient, there are other parking alternatives.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center? Share your experiences!