“I was wrong about the people in the Bahamas as the rudest!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center

You added Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 South Peters Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Lower Garden District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
WWII Museum & Parking
Ranked #58 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
San Antoni
“I was wrong about the people in the Bahamas as the rudest!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hotel was clean for our initial evening, then I did my normal lint test by my side of the bed and they failed. No floor cleaning the next day.
The people at the front desk when we checked in, were rude almost no eye contact and two word answers.
The next mornig I talked to the front desk about the AARP discount and it was not accepted as the reservation was not made with AARP......first time I have received that statement.
Checking out a nightmare....call for some help with luggage and request my vehicle. One hour later no show as I went down and found a cart from a lady I help load her vehicle, went up to our room got our luggage went to curb no vehicle. I asked the parking attendant and he had no knowledge of my vehicle had been requested. He told me he would get it right away and it was at the curb within 5 minutes (best part).

Room Tip: Dont stay!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I was disappointed that you did not receive the excellent customer service that we strive to give to our guests, Please accept my apologies. We will be reviewing your incidents with our front desk staff to ensure that we continue to meet our high standards of customer services and do not fall short of that goal. Again, thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
hartsdale, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My first trip to New Orleans was the weekend before Halloween. I arrived at around 10PM to the hotel after a LONG ride on the Airport Shuttle (taking a taxi is worth it!). I couldn't get into my room right away because my husband, who was already there, had the key and was at an event in the event space right next door. The front desk staff took my bags for safe keeping and walked me across the hotel to show me the entrance to the party. The front desk staff also made restaurant recommendations, helped me with getting a cab at 5AM Sunday morning, they were very helpful. The girls cooking breakfast and the wait staff were also helpful. I enjoyed their down home style of helping guests, not fake or stuffy. I was there for a small conference at the hotel and the young man helping set it up was beyond great, so attentive and helpful. I loved being in the Warehouse District, very SOHO pre-commercialization. All night party still going strong on Sunday morning at 5AM when I had to leave...loved it! BUT the food was awful, they have to do something about that! Also, update the hallways.

Room Tip: It's a noisy area of town as far as event spaces nearby, ask for a side of the building that may...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We're very happy that you stayed with us during your very first trip to New Orleans! It is a pleasure to share this wonderful city to share with our guests, Our neighborhood, the Arts & Warehouse District, is a historic, scenic area with a lot of business centers, restaurants and interesting landmarks like the WWII Museum. Thank you for your thoughtful review!
Atlantic City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

First time stay at this hotel. Other than the over zealous valet/door men,the staff is very professional. Management should have a talking to these young guys at the front door about over stepping their boundaries.
This is a great place for convention business. Not sure I would come back due to noise levels in this area( no fault of the hotel).

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We agree- this is a great hotel for conventions! I apologize that there was a lapse in the excellent guest relations we usually provide. We would like for all of our guests' interactions with our staff to be pleasant and professional. We will be addressing your review with the valet.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Recently stayed at the Hilton Garden for a one night business trip. I have stayed here before and it is a good stay as usual. The only thing that parking is really expensive. The rooms are nice and spacious. The lobby was very lively with hotel guest. The bathroom are nicve and clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your review! We're glad you enoyed your stay here as a business traveler and we're pleased that you found our rooms clean and spacious. We're also happy that you liked the lobby- we find that it's a wonderful place to drink coffee, have a drink at the bar, eat at the Garden Grill, or work in our plush library. As for the parking, we definitely hear you concern. Unfortunately, given our downtown location, there's not much we can do about the parking fees at this point. However, if you stay with us again, please ask our friendly Front Desk Agents about parking. While less convenient, there are other parking alternatives.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had planned a small meeting here for a group of 14 people. We were meeting in conjunction with a large convention at the convention center. The service from sales, the front desk, and banquets was all excellent! The lobby and rooms are nice, about average with an HGI. The banquet food in our meeting room was very good! There wasn't a whole lot nearby in walking distance (it's called the warehouse district for a reason). But we did walk to Emeril's for dinner and didn't feel that it was unsafe at all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your stay here.
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I am a Hilton Diamond Member, so I am VERY familiar with Hilton Properties and Service and am not bashful when I find great "exceed my expectations" service OR when the service and accommodations are simply not up to par.

Let's start with the Great/Good: Location. Perfect if you are attending a convention! Easy walk and the local neighborhood as some GREAT places to eat. Bell Staff and Front Desk staff is FANTASTIC and VERY professional. Easy to work with and and always VERY helpful! Rooms are generously sized and decently modern.

Now the Needs Improvement/Below Expectations: Details. Things like $30.00 a day valet parking. When your hotel room rate is $169.00 a night and parking is $30.00 a day that is slightly under 20% of you daily room rate.....a little steep in my book. Breakfast, while of good quality and varied, things like having to ask for a glass of water versus being able to simply pour from the juice bar, NEVER having plates on the fruit bar. Having to search for plates if you want toast or pastries. I was also surprised by the difficulty in getting something as simple as a room service menu. Had to request multiple times and wait almost 45 mins for one to be delivered. Hooks on the back of my bathroom door broken off/ missing. Only 3 hangers in closet. Was never notified of a package delivery.

It's all in the small details and this property needs some focus in that area!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the convention center and street. Even on the 6th floor VERY nois...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to thoroughly review your stay and suggest where we can make improvements. In fact, we will use this review (and other similar reviews with specfiic suggestions) to see where we can improve our guests' stay by addressing it with the necessary departments, such as housekeeping adding more hangers and food and beverage ensuring that there are enough fruit plates out at breakfast. You are absolutely right- it is in the details and we do apologize that not all of the details were taken care of during your stay. We would also like to thank you for mentioning the fantastic location, beautiful property, and the spectacular staff that work so hard here.
Patchogue, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was in town for a convention/trade show in early October, and I was happy with just about everything at this property. Other than a little lobby construction, (painting, actually...) and a middle of the night false alarm on the fire system, everything went very smooth. Also utilized a conference room, and although I made several last-minute requests of the catering manager, they meet my needs with great satisfaction.

The only thing I would probably comment on would be the lack of the ability of self-parking, they only offer valet service for $30/day. No reflection on the valet guys, they did a great job, but being that I was only a block form the convention center, and rarely needed the car, self-parking in the attached garage at no charge or a reducd rate probably would be a better way to go.

The desk staff, bell desk, concierge, restaruant staff, valet, housekeeping, everybody was great. When I am in town again, I will certainly consider staying here again. Highly recommended...

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and can offer a good view of the area and riverfront...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for reviewing our property! It's great to hear that you were very satisified with the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center. As you saw, our staff strives to make our guests' experience at HGI a wonderful one, from housekeeping to catering. We hear your concerns about our parking fees and will be happy to look into other options for you should you stay with us again!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center? Share your experiences!