“Excellent service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 South Peters Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Lower Garden District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
WWII Museum & Parking
Ranked #54 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had planned a small meeting here for a group of 14 people. We were meeting in conjunction with a large convention at the convention center. The service from sales, the front desk, and banquets was all excellent! The lobby and rooms are nice, about average with an HGI. The banquet food in our meeting room was very good! There wasn't a whole lot nearby in walking distance (it's called the warehouse district for a reason). But we did walk to Emeril's for dinner and didn't feel that it was unsafe at all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your stay here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I am a Hilton Diamond Member, so I am VERY familiar with Hilton Properties and Service and am not bashful when I find great "exceed my expectations" service OR when the service and accommodations are simply not up to par.

Let's start with the Great/Good: Location. Perfect if you are attending a convention! Easy walk and the local neighborhood as some GREAT places to eat. Bell Staff and Front Desk staff is FANTASTIC and VERY professional. Easy to work with and and always VERY helpful! Rooms are generously sized and decently modern.

Now the Needs Improvement/Below Expectations: Details. Things like $30.00 a day valet parking. When your hotel room rate is $169.00 a night and parking is $30.00 a day that is slightly under 20% of you daily room rate.....a little steep in my book. Breakfast, while of good quality and varied, things like having to ask for a glass of water versus being able to simply pour from the juice bar, NEVER having plates on the fruit bar. Having to search for plates if you want toast or pastries. I was also surprised by the difficulty in getting something as simple as a room service menu. Had to request multiple times and wait almost 45 mins for one to be delivered. Hooks on the back of my bathroom door broken off/ missing. Only 3 hangers in closet. Was never notified of a package delivery.

It's all in the small details and this property needs some focus in that area!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the convention center and street. Even on the 6th floor VERY nois...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to thoroughly review your stay and suggest where we can make improvements. In fact, we will use this review (and other similar reviews with specfiic suggestions) to see where we can improve our guests' stay by addressing it with the necessary departments, such as housekeeping adding more hangers and food and beverage ensuring that there are enough fruit plates out at breakfast. You are absolutely right- it is in the details and we do apologize that not all of the details were taken care of during your stay. We would also like to thank you for mentioning the fantastic location, beautiful property, and the spectacular staff that work so hard here.
Patchogue, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was in town for a convention/trade show in early October, and I was happy with just about everything at this property. Other than a little lobby construction, (painting, actually...) and a middle of the night false alarm on the fire system, everything went very smooth. Also utilized a conference room, and although I made several last-minute requests of the catering manager, they meet my needs with great satisfaction.

The only thing I would probably comment on would be the lack of the ability of self-parking, they only offer valet service for $30/day. No reflection on the valet guys, they did a great job, but being that I was only a block form the convention center, and rarely needed the car, self-parking in the attached garage at no charge or a reducd rate probably would be a better way to go.

The desk staff, bell desk, concierge, restaruant staff, valet, housekeeping, everybody was great. When I am in town again, I will certainly consider staying here again. Highly recommended...

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and can offer a good view of the area and riverfront...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for reviewing our property! It's great to hear that you were very satisified with the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center. As you saw, our staff strives to make our guests' experience at HGI a wonderful one, from housekeeping to catering. We hear your concerns about our parking fees and will be happy to look into other options for you should you stay with us again!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The staff members at this hotel were wonderful! From the moment we checked in the staff members worked to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. We had a problem with our room (bad smell), but were quickly moved to a new room without incident. I definitely want to say that Sharon Sterling went over and beyond what was expected to ensure that our stay was enjoyable! When I am in New Orleans again I will definitely consider staying here.

• Stayed September 2012
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Ms. Sterling is a valuable member of our team and we love to see her get kudos for her hard work. We look forward to hosting you for your next stay in New Orleans!
Petal, MS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Front desk staff was very friendly, even gave us tons of treats! Rooms weren't ready, (we were there for a wedding) so we took a room that was ready on a different floor away from the rest of the family. The beds were the worst part of the stay. I'm not a fan of them at all! Location would be just right for a pre cruise stay. We walked to the River Walk and it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you enjoyed the wedding and we're happy that you found our staff friendly and welcoming. We're sorry that you did not enjoy our brand-standard Garden Sleep System beds, which can be adjusted to your preferred firmness or softness and are a brand standard. On your next stay at a Hilton Garden Inn, I definitely recommend asking a Hilton employee to help you find the best setting for you-- we will be delighted to do so if you stay with us again!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I love the location of this hotel. Its the 5 th time i have stayed here. It is near 2 of my favorite places to eat in New Orleans and is super close to the convention center. I am a diamond member with Hilton and I hate writing bad reviews but what has happen to customer service. Every employee I came in contact with acted like they hated their job. The front desk staff doesn't greet me at all just took my cc and Id. The restaurant staff for breakfast was horrible also. Monday morning there were 2 ladies working the Buffett area no one ahead of me, took 5 mins to even be recognized. They were too busy laughing and playing around telling stories. The rooms here are nice but the service was terrible. I hope I get a survey from Hilton . This hotel doesn't carry the brand well.

• Stayed October 2012
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

While I am happy to hear that you found the rooms and conditions excellent, I am sorry to hear that the service was disappointing. I apologize that you did not receive the service that, as a Hilton hotel guest, you should have received. We do what we can to ensure that our guests receive the best possible service here at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center and we will work to correct this issue.
Franklin, Tennessee
1,259 reviews 1,259 reviews
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotels were booked up everywhere in NOLA this week and was able to find one of the last rooms here at the Hilton Garden Inn..Check in was smooth and courteous, rooms were clean but my beds were saggy and uncomfortable(Had two doubles in my room). The breakfast area was nice but not that appealing and the valet service was very good. The convenience to walk and get dinner was in a great location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for reviewing the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our service to be "smooth and courteous".

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center? Share your experiences!