“Convenient, great location, great service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 South Peters Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Lower Garden District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park and Play
Ranked #49 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Patchogue, New York
“Convenient, great location, great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was in town for a convention/trade show in early October, and I was happy with just about everything at this property. Other than a little lobby construction, (painting, actually...) and a middle of the night false alarm on the fire system, everything went very smooth. Also utilized a conference room, and although I made several last-minute requests of the catering manager, they meet my needs with great satisfaction.

The only thing I would probably comment on would be the lack of the ability of self-parking, they only offer valet service for $30/day. No reflection on the valet guys, they did a great job, but being that I was only a block form the convention center, and rarely needed the car, self-parking in the attached garage at no charge or a reducd rate probably would be a better way to go.

The desk staff, bell desk, concierge, restaruant staff, valet, housekeeping, everybody was great. When I am in town again, I will certainly consider staying here again. Highly recommended...

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and can offer a good view of the area and riverfront...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thanks for reviewing our property! It's great to hear that you were very satisified with the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center. As you saw, our staff strives to make our guests' experience at HGI a wonderful one, from housekeeping to catering. We hear your concerns about our parking fees and will be happy to look into other options for you should you stay with us again!

491 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The staff members at this hotel were wonderful! From the moment we checked in the staff members worked to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. We had a problem with our room (bad smell), but were quickly moved to a new room without incident. I definitely want to say that Sharon Sterling went over and beyond what was expected to ensure that our stay was enjoyable! When I am in New Orleans again I will definitely consider staying here.

• Stayed September 2012
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Ms. Sterling is a valuable member of our team and we love to see her get kudos for her hard work. We look forward to hosting you for your next stay in New Orleans!
Petal, MS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Front desk staff was very friendly, even gave us tons of treats! Rooms weren't ready, (we were there for a wedding) so we took a room that was ready on a different floor away from the rest of the family. The beds were the worst part of the stay. I'm not a fan of them at all! Location would be just right for a pre cruise stay. We walked to the River Walk and it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you enjoyed the wedding and we're happy that you found our staff friendly and welcoming. We're sorry that you did not enjoy our brand-standard Garden Sleep System beds, which can be adjusted to your preferred firmness or softness and are a brand standard. On your next stay at a Hilton Garden Inn, I definitely recommend asking a Hilton employee to help you find the best setting for you-- we will be delighted to do so if you stay with us again!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I love the location of this hotel. Its the 5 th time i have stayed here. It is near 2 of my favorite places to eat in New Orleans and is super close to the convention center. I am a diamond member with Hilton and I hate writing bad reviews but what has happen to customer service. Every employee I came in contact with acted like they hated their job. The front desk staff doesn't greet me at all just took my cc and Id. The restaurant staff for breakfast was horrible also. Monday morning there were 2 ladies working the Buffett area no one ahead of me, took 5 mins to even be recognized. They were too busy laughing and playing around telling stories. The rooms here are nice but the service was terrible. I hope I get a survey from Hilton . This hotel doesn't carry the brand well.

• Stayed October 2012
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

While I am happy to hear that you found the rooms and conditions excellent, I am sorry to hear that the service was disappointing. I apologize that you did not receive the service that, as a Hilton hotel guest, you should have received. We do what we can to ensure that our guests receive the best possible service here at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center and we will work to correct this issue.
Franklin, Tennessee
1,192 reviews 1,192 reviews
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotels were booked up everywhere in NOLA this week and was able to find one of the last rooms here at the Hilton Garden Inn..Check in was smooth and courteous, rooms were clean but my beds were saggy and uncomfortable(Had two doubles in my room). The breakfast area was nice but not that appealing and the valet service was very good. The convenience to walk and get dinner was in a great location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for reviewing the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our service to be "smooth and courteous".
Sylacauga, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This HGI is large, 3rd largest in US. It's also more upscale than most. Valet parking, bell service, etc. The bar is huge and well stocked, and the restaurant menu offers creole/cajun items that are actually pretty good. Very good location in the warehouse district and close to the convention center.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for reviewing the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center! We are so glad you enjoyed our wonderful location and dining amenities.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Our stay for a wedding at the HGI Covention Center was phenomenal! The service was top notch, location was great for two large families with small kids, cleanliness superb for a picky person like myself. The valets were pleasant and prompt. Everything from check-in to breakfast at check-out(the kitchen staff took the time to make me a fresh bowl of grits like my Maw-maw used to make, not instant) was in line with what I have come to love about all of our Hilton stays. The HGI New Orleans Convention Center--GREAT JOB!!

• Stayed April 2012
Kate R, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
We are so glad that we had the chance to "wow" you during your stay! Here at HGI New Orleans Convention Center, we strive to not only meet our guests' expectations but also to exceed them. Thank you for taking the time to review us!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center? Share your experiences!