“Nice Hotel for Business Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 South Peters Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Lower Garden District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park and Play
Ranked #49 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, GA
“Nice Hotel for Business Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Recently I stayed overnight for business. The hotel was nice,clean and front desk staff was very accomadating. The parking was ok - you do not need to valet as they have reduced pricing for self park. I was not crazy about the Warehouse district as I was not familar with the area. There is construction going on in the hotel which is a probelm if you want to rest in the afternoon. Love the cookies they leave out for you.

Room Tip: Self Parking is aviable do not use the expensive valet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, Administrative Assistant at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Dear TravelingTS,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found it necessary to let everyone know about it. I would like to clarify one note in your comments. The Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center does not have self parking available. There is a parking garage across the street that is not associated with the hotel where you can self park; however our garage is too small to allow self parking. If you in fact did self park in our garage, then that would have been a special circumstance out of the norm. Again, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

473 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I had a reservation for a non smoking room. I was checked into a smoking room. I called the front desk and they got us moved promptly! The front desk staff was VERY ACCOMODATING! The hotel needs a renovation, but the staff was GREAT!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, Administrative Assistant at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear AvidTraveler7826,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay and that the front desk was able to accommodate your requests in a timely manner. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center is going through a full renovation August 15 - December 31, 2011. This will include everything in the guest rooms, hallways, lobby, and restaurant. I truly hope you will choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center on your next visit to New Orleans to see the wonderful upgrades we are making to the hotel.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed here over Labor Day weekend, but due to the tropical storm I checked out 2-days early. The hotel staff was absolutely cooperative about the early check-out, and were wonderfully nice and helpful during my short stay. The hotel was undergoing a complete renovation, but this process was so well managed that it never impacted my stay one bit. Due to the weather, I never checked out the pool. And being a foodie in a foodie city, I didn't check out the hotel's restaurant. But the room was completely comfortable, the location was great for my purposes (I specifically wanted to be in the warehouse district for proximity to museums, galleries, restaurants, the streetcar and away from the hubbub of the French Quarter. The rate was excellent. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, Administrative Assistant at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear RandBrad,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center on TripAdvisor. I am glad that we were able to meet all your expectations while staying here, and maybe next time you can try the wonderful flavors of our very own restaurant, The Great American Grill. I am very sorry to hear that you decided to cut you trip short due to Tropical Storm Lee. Hopefully we will get the opportunity to serve you again in the very near future.

Paragould, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This hotel was clean and friendly when my wife and I stayed in September 2010. We stayed one night, because the next day we were going to board our cruise ship at the port. The hotel is situated kitty-corner from a parking garage that is right near the port. This garage was one of the cheapest in the areas and they have parking exclusively for cruises. Also, the parking garage provides FREE shuttle to the port and back. Back to the hotel; we overall had a good stay at this Hilton; however, the side of the building we were on, which was the west side I believe had a outside window. Around 12:00 AM we woke up to loud noises outside and discovered there is a club next door to the hotel. A fight broke out and people were running everywhere. We really were not upset about the noise, because the club finally closed, but it could definitely become a problem for some. Look out for that.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the west side of hotel, next to the club (if still there).
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear djwizzy24,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center on TripAdvisor. We value all comments, good and bad. Since it has been a while since you have stayed here, I would like to inform you that we are going through a renovation of all guest rooms and public areas through the end of the year. Included in this renovation are new window treatments that are designed to block out much of the noise from the club next door. I hope you will find yourself back in New Orleans soon and choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center. Maybe even to go out on another cruise.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Last minute decision to visit New Orleans for family vacation. Did a lot of research for a hotel with close proximity to French Quarter, fridge in the room and free wi-fi. Valet parking cost was on par with the rest of the city, but was real excited about the wi-fi and fridge. Everything went smoothly, all staff was welcoming, especially the valets. Wireless internet was fast, fridge was cold and room was spotless. Only downside is distance from French Quarter. While most of the family did not mind the walk, the two 60+ in the group were not that thrilled (granted it was also 95+ and humid). Ended up just driving and parking in a lot instead of riding the street car because for the six of us it cost just a few dollars extra by the time you calculate the fare round trip for the street car. To be fair, this hotel is not aimed at French Quarter visitors, so the distance cannot really be considered in the rating. So overall, 5 stars!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear mso3j,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center and let everyone know what a great hotel we have here in New Orleans. We hope to see you again soon!

Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My friend and I drove down from TX with our daughters for the 2011 Jr. Olympics Jump Rope Competition. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff and valets were over-the-top helpful and friendly, the location was SO convenient (we only had to walk one block in the heat and humidity, thank goodness!) . I hated having to pay $30 per day for parking, but alas, that's the nature of the whole city - and this hotel had the lowest daily parking rate of all the hotels I checked (and I checked a BUNCH). I also loved that the room had a micro-fridge and microwave oven in it - saved us lots of money on breakfast, lunch and snacks. I didn't swim, but my daughter thoroughly enjoyed the pool. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking S. Peters St. might be a bit louder than others...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear Kalenawald,

I appreciate you letting everyone know that your stay was great and that you would choose to stay here again on your next visit to New Orleans given the number of options the city gives you for lodging. I also appreciate you mentioning your research on the parking situation in the City of New Orleans. Not only are our rates extremely competitive, but we also have a parking garage on site. Many hotels do not and must park their guests' vehicles sometimes several blocks away. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor for the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

While this hotel is not fancy, it was a very nice experience and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. The staff was friendly and helpful, my room was quite comfortable and very clean, my bed was GREAT, and the location was just what I needed - a block from the convention center. (I was also able to walk to the Riverwalk and French Quarter.) I didn't use the pool or spa (hot tub), but did go to look at them; the pool was small and held no appeal for me, but the kids in it seemed to be having fun - and the guy in the hot tub looked quite content.
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone spending time at the convention center!
Warning: If you are going to New Orleans in the summer, take a sweater - the air conditioning inside most places is very cold!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Dear Cville409,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center on TripAdvisor. We truly value all comments and feedback. If you were in a room with one king size bed, you were sleeping on a Hilton Garden Inn Garden Sleep System (GSS) bed. After our upcoming renovations all of our guests' rooms will have the GSS beds installed in them. If you would like to purchase one, please call the hotel, and we will be happy to give you the number to the customer services center for the GSS beds.

Mark Allaf

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center? Share your experiences!