“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center

You added Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 South Peters Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Lower Garden District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
WWII Museum & Parking
Ranked #58 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Virginia
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Last minute decision to visit New Orleans for family vacation. Did a lot of research for a hotel with close proximity to French Quarter, fridge in the room and free wi-fi. Valet parking cost was on par with the rest of the city, but was real excited about the wi-fi and fridge. Everything went smoothly, all staff was welcoming, especially the valets. Wireless internet was fast, fridge was cold and room was spotless. Only downside is distance from French Quarter. While most of the family did not mind the walk, the two 60+ in the group were not that thrilled (granted it was also 95+ and humid). Ended up just driving and parking in a lot instead of riding the street car because for the six of us it cost just a few dollars extra by the time you calculate the fare round trip for the street car. To be fair, this hotel is not aimed at French Quarter visitors, so the distance cannot really be considered in the rating. So overall, 5 stars!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear mso3j,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center and let everyone know what a great hotel we have here in New Orleans. We hope to see you again soon!

Mark Allaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My friend and I drove down from TX with our daughters for the 2011 Jr. Olympics Jump Rope Competition. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff and valets were over-the-top helpful and friendly, the location was SO convenient (we only had to walk one block in the heat and humidity, thank goodness!) . I hated having to pay $30 per day for parking, but alas, that's the nature of the whole city - and this hotel had the lowest daily parking rate of all the hotels I checked (and I checked a BUNCH). I also loved that the room had a micro-fridge and microwave oven in it - saved us lots of money on breakfast, lunch and snacks. I didn't swim, but my daughter thoroughly enjoyed the pool. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking S. Peters St. might be a bit louder than others...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear Kalenawald,

I appreciate you letting everyone know that your stay was great and that you would choose to stay here again on your next visit to New Orleans given the number of options the city gives you for lodging. I also appreciate you mentioning your research on the parking situation in the City of New Orleans. Not only are our rates extremely competitive, but we also have a parking garage on site. Many hotels do not and must park their guests' vehicles sometimes several blocks away. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor for the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

While this hotel is not fancy, it was a very nice experience and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. The staff was friendly and helpful, my room was quite comfortable and very clean, my bed was GREAT, and the location was just what I needed - a block from the convention center. (I was also able to walk to the Riverwalk and French Quarter.) I didn't use the pool or spa (hot tub), but did go to look at them; the pool was small and held no appeal for me, but the kids in it seemed to be having fun - and the guy in the hot tub looked quite content.
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone spending time at the convention center!
Warning: If you are going to New Orleans in the summer, take a sweater - the air conditioning inside most places is very cold!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Dear Cville409,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center on TripAdvisor. We truly value all comments and feedback. If you were in a room with one king size bed, you were sleeping on a Hilton Garden Inn Garden Sleep System (GSS) bed. After our upcoming renovations all of our guests' rooms will have the GSS beds installed in them. If you would like to purchase one, please call the hotel, and we will be happy to give you the number to the customer services center for the GSS beds.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Great rooms and amenities. Walking-distance to French Quarter. Excellent prices for a Hilton hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Thiago_Rio,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. We value all reviews and comments and wish everyone would take the time to complete a review.

Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

The breakfast buffet is $13 a person, go out the front door and walk straight half a block to the convention center. We had tea and oatmeal at Starbucks for $5. Added to that we were surrounded by local art in a clean and VERY spacious environment. Eat lunch and supper at the Riverwalk mall. It is a mall like you have never seen before, very reasonable food. It is a LONG walk to the French Quarter, especially in the heat. That is the only drawback to this hotel. Mandatory valet parking comes to $42 a day but your car is extremely safe, worth it. The staff at this hotel is amazing. Do not miss Cafe du Monde in the French Quarter for beignets and coffee, it is THE place in town to get them. Oceana is a great restaurant off Bourbon St. and the concierge gave us discount tickets. Also do not miss a performance at the Preservation Hall. We too the Grayline Katrina tour and it was fascinating. The arts district is fantastic, especially the Blue Dog gallery. If you like to shop for art and eat this is the city for both. The beds in this hotel are wonderful, you just want to sleep forever.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Dear retired080,

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay and suggestions for other travelers. The breakfast at the Hilton Garden Inn brand of hotels is a full complimentary breakfast with all hot items cooked to serve by our talented chefs. We make eggs any way you like, including omelets, pancakes, waffles, french toast, grits, sausage, bacon, several different pastries, and more. The breakfast is $12.95 per person, but for the amount and variety, it is a good deal. The hotel also serves lunch and dinner and the menu is a good variety of different things. If you have special needs or allergies, our cooks are very accommodating and happy to make a special meal for you. The valet parking is $30.09 including tax for overnight parking, and as you mentioned, it is secure. Once again, thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

The hotel is located in the Convention Center area of the Warehouse district and is only one block from Convention Center. We were there to visit the WWII Museum and it was only a couple of blocks away and very easy to walk. The staff was exceptional and the breakfast buffet was FABULOUS.
I

Room Tip: Our room was located in the section looking out over the pool area and was very quiet, amazing consi...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear nanasp5,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center. We appreciate your comments, and for letting everyone know that this is the hotel to stay at when visiting New Orleans. We look forward to your return and hope that it is sooner than later.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I stayed here for my wedding weekend in May 2011. We got married on a cruise ship before it sailed, then went on a 7 day cruise for our honeymoon. We used the hotels "cruise package" parking, the valet was very friendly, eager to help unload car etc... To make a long story short, we returned from our honeymoon to find that an employee STOLE my car. My car was used the entire week we were gone and over 500 miles put on my 2010 camry. My wedding dress, guest book, flowers and other personal stuff was put in back in my car after the wedding so it didn't get messed up on the cruise. The theif smoked in my car, spilled stuff, left cigarette butts in the back seat and then covered it with my wedding dress!! The smell of stale cigarettes and beer was horrible!! The front grill was knocked out, underneath my car is all beat up, several scratches, a dent in my door and left me having to get a wheel alignment. Securtiy cameras in the hotel parking garage proved that my car WAS used without my authorization, and it has now been 2 months and nothing has been done. A claim was sent to the hotels insurance company however when submitted it didn't go through. It was then stated that the hotel didn't have that type of coverage and would now have to be sent to valet. But that hasn't been done, the phone numbers I was given for the valet on my report and by the hotel are no longer in service. The hotels GM doesn't return phone calls, I get stuck talking to his assistant who is no help at all and seems to think this is no big deal. Instead of treating me as if I were the criminal everytime I call, try fixing the problem!!! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! It doesn't matter how clean, or how many renovations are done. If the people in management don't have a problem giving me the runaround and an employee is capable of using a customers car an entire week. There is no telling what kind of employee comes into your room when no one is looking!! Just saying......BEWARE!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center? Share your experiences!