“Too loud to sleep” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center

You added Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 South Peters Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Lower Garden District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
WWII Museum & Parking
Ranked #58 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Florida
“Too loud to sleep”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I've stayed here twice during jazzfest. Good rates, great location, nice hotel, but the noise means I'll never stay here again. We were on the river side, top floor, and the warehouse across the street was rented out for a party/concert that kept us up till past 3 am. When I mentioned this at the desk, they were surprised, and said that we were on the quiet side of the hotel. The other side has noise from a club every night, but the river side only has it during special events. Not much comfort when you're there during the special event.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear tallyman,

On behalf of everyone at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the New Orleans area. We strive to build a “home away from home” for our guests. I hope you received a taste of this experience during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on TripAdvisor. The review offers us an opportunity to take a look at what we are doing well, and what we can do to better meet the needs of our guests. Our personal goal is to always receive 5 ratings. You indicated in the review that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I want to offer my sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations. Everyone from the front desk, maintenance, housekeeping, Sales & Marketing, F&B, and management seriously take into consideration your comments. It is our pleasure to meet the needs of our guests, so please always feel comfortable letting any staff member know of concerns you may have during a stay.

I truly apologize for the noise you experienced from the warehouse across the street. They do occasionally rent it out, but noise usually is not an issue from their events. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center will be going through a full renovation later this year. This will include everything in the guest rooms, hallways, lobby, and restaurant. This will also include new window treatments to minimize the noise from the nearby club and warehouse. I truly hope you will choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center on your next visit to New Orleans.

Nothing would please us more than to have loyal guests, like yourself, tell us your visit was memorable. We pride ourselves on making pleasant memories through little touches you won’t find anywhere else. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our hospitality, and how much we appreciate you as a valuable guest. Please remember the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center for any future travel plans, and do not hesitate letting me know if I can be of service to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

We stayed here to attend an event at the convention center. Location was great for the CC and only a short walk was necessary to pick-up the St. Charles street car. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The onsite restaurant was good - simple - and the hotel also had a pantry to select food and beverages from. (I picked-up breakfast cereal here fairly cheap). All in all, a great value for a low price. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Dear alwayssneezy,

On behalf of everyone at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the New Orleans area. We strive to build a "home away from home" for our guests. I hope you received a taste of this experience during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on TripAdvisor. The review offers us an opportunity to take a look at what we are doing well, and what we can do to better meet the needs of our guests. Our personal goal is to always receive 5 ratings. We appreciate your expressions of satisfaction through the review you completed. Thank you for letting us know we met your expectations.

Nothing pleases us more than to have loyal guests, like yourself, tell us your visit was memorable. We pride ourselves on making pleasant memories through little touches you won't find anywhere else. We hope you will think of our hospitality with appreciation and pleasure for a long time to come, and will remember the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center Hotel for any future travel plans.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Stayed here for one night in late March as I was in town and a lot of other options were ridiculously priced because the Regionals of the NCAA Tournament were going on. I felt confident about the location of the hotel because I lived in the neighborhood for 3 years. To some, it may look like a run down neighborhood, but its the Warehouse District and its one of the safest parts of the city, trust me. So location was fine, you'd have to cab it to the French Quarter though, we drove Uptown for dinner, but either way its still close. Room was clean, large enough and served its purpose. Staff was friendly and helpful. Parking is $28 for Valet, but in a City what else do you expect? I had no complaints and I actually want to go out of my way to thank them for having the only sane rates in town on this weekend because I almost considered not spending the night in Nola cause everything was so expensive.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear jeffv216,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011 via mobile

Right from the start you are required to pay $28 just to park. I was never informed of this when the reservation was made. There was linens all over the hall, had to push them out of the way just to get to the room. The room was a non smoking room and smelt like a dirty ashtray. The beds were beyond wore out. This place needs updated in a bad way. I've stayed in way better for less.

• Stayed March 2011
Dear lovjoh,

I truly apologize for the condition of the hotel when you arrived; there should never be linen in the hallways and this matter has been addressed with the housekeeping manager. Also, I am sorry that you were not aware of the valet parking charge prior to you arrival. The city of New Orleans is extremely limited on parking and the fact that the hotel actually has a parking garage on property is exceptional since many of the downtown hotels must have guests' vehicles parked several blocks away. We do charge a fare price compared to other parking options. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center will be going through a full renovation later this year. This will include everything in the guest rooms, hallways, lobby, and restaurant. I truly hope you will choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center on your next visit to New Orleans.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

We chose this hotel because of its location to the Port of New Orleans. We were going on a cruise and arrived the night before our ship was to leave and we wanted to be close to the port. We took the Airport Shuttle to the hotel which was a good value. Upon our arrival to the hotel we were warmly greeted by the front desk clerk. She gave us an overview of the amenities the hotel had to offer and she gave us directions to our room. We were in a room with a king sized bed and we felt the room was a good size. The bathroom had a decent hairdryer and included plenty of towels. We did not sleep well because the bed was really hard which we tried to adjust but it didn't work. We also couldn't sleep because of noise outside the hotel from the street below our room. I have read other comments and found that other customers had the same problems and that the hotel management has addressed the reviews by saying they were looking into a solution.
We took a taxi to the French Quarter at night which cost about $10 each way. We walked several blocks back to the French Quarter the next morning to have beignets and to see the sights. Our cruise ship was not leaving until later in the day so we had the hotel store our luggage. Having that service was great as we didn't have to worry about our things while we spent some time sightseeing.
I would recommend this hotel if you are planning a cruise out of New Orleans. The hotel is within walking distance to the port, but I would not walk. I would use a taxi instead. The signage was not great and we spent a lot of time walking around trying to find our way to the port. A taxi would have driven us right there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Lata016,

Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We actually just checked in tonight into a room on the 6th floor (even number side). The noise across the street from the club is absurd. I can't imagine how horrible it must be for guests on lower floors. I called downstairs to find out the noise usually goes on until 3am or 4am. Part of our choice of this hotel was for business - away from the French Quarter and all the noise. Fair warning to others - come with strong ear plugs and some sleeping pills. The room may be nice enough, but that doesn't count for anything unless they get soundproof windows.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
Dear baileylovetraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a reveiw on TripAdvisor. The review offers us an opportunity to take a look at what we are doing well, and what we can do to better meet the needs of our guests. Our personal goal is to always receive 5 ratings. You indicated in the review that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I want to offer my sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations. Everyone from the front desk, maintenance, housekeeping, Sales & Marketing, F&B, and management seriously take into consideration your comments. It is our pleasure to meet the needs of our guests, so please always feel comfortable letting any staff member know of concerns you may have during a stay.

I truly apologize for the terrible noise you encountered from the hall behind the hotel. I assure you we are aware of the problem and are currently in the process of finding a solution. We have had wall to wall drapes in a heavier fabric installed in one of our rooms and have also installed a double pained window in a separate room in order to determine the best method to block out the noise. The hotel will be undergoing a full renovation later this year, and at least one of the previously mentioned solutions will be utilized.

West Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

A friend and I drove to New Orleans from Chicago to ring in the New year. Neither of us wanted to stay in the French Quarter, so we settled on the Hilton Garden Inn near the convention center. Great choice! The hotel is in a good location... it's about a three quarter mile to the French Quarter. Harrah's Casino and the Riverwalk are a few blocks away. It was nice to be able to escape to a quiet hotel for a good night's rest!

The lobby was very clean and welcoming. Our room was spacious and seemed to be well kept. The bathroom was clean, but it could use some updating. The Hilton Garden Inn offered a great Fitness Center! We were lucky to have it right on our floor. One of the better Fitness Centers I've seen in a hotel setting. This helped keep us from feeling guilty about eating all the delicious cuisine New Orleans has to offer! Although we did not take advantage of the hotel's restaurant or small convenience shop, it was an added bonus to have these on-site.

The only downsides to the hotel was the valet parking was a bit pricey (however, the valet attendants were very friendly) and the room pay-per-view movies were highway robbery.

All in all, this hotel was a great choice for our stay in New Orleans!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Dear gohounds19,

Again, thank you for your comments, they are important to us.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center? Share your experiences!