“Fantastic and Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Green House Inn

You added Green House Inn to your Saves list
Green House Inn
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   1212 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Lower Garden District)   |
Special Offer
FREE GATED PARKING!
Ranked #20 of 144 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stoneham, Massachusetts, United States
“Fantastic and Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in late September 2012. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again when we return to New Orleans. We liked the location being between the French Quarter and Garden District it was pretty quick to get anywhere we wanted to go. We were given some good recommendations for restaurants and also enjoyed the snack/breakfast options at the inn (toasted croissants with nutella each morning). The pool/garden area was beautiful and the hot tub great for relaxing after walking all day. We started a daily ritual of getting mojitos from the bar across the street and soaking in the hot tub. My only one (minor) complaint was that there was a rainstorm the morning we arrived (Monday) and thus a lot of leaves and debris were in the pool and they didn't get cleaned out until Friday right as we were going to leave. I understand they probably have scheduled weekly pool cleaning, but we were slightly annoyed to be constantly picking leaves off ourselves. We did seem to have the pool area to ourselves most of the week so that was a bonus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TheGreenHouseInn, at Green House Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Hello Corrie A,

Thank you for spending your honeymoon with the Green House Inn! We loved having y'all as guests! Also, thank you for making us aware of the area for improvement. We will do a better job of policing the pool after rainstorms. We hope to have y'all stay with us again soon!

The staff of The Green House Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

From the moment you arrive in this gated oasis on Magazine street, you are treated to a professional, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Unlike some B &B's, you feel privacy not always associated with being in someone's personal home. The rooms are beautifully decorated with antiques and each room differs in their amenities like showers, baths, kitchens and closet sizes but one thing is consistent- clean and comfortable beds. After staying in three different rooms, I am ready to return and try the rest. My favorite place is the pool and hot tub, I actually don't ever feel like leaving once I arrive. Jesse, Frank and Charles are like part of the family and I have new friends after every visit. Many local restaurants with great food within walking distance, are take a cab Uptown, French Quarter or Downtown for an outstanding meal. Jesse was so accommodating with our group this past weekend- moved the furniture in the lobby to make for a great LSU vs TCU viewing - GO TIGERS!!!! I guess you would consider me a local and an experienced New Orleans visitor and for me this is the place I always want to visit and when it comes to check out time - I cry a little. I am in love with the Green House Inn .

Room Tip: Upstairs in the back of the property is more private and quieter. The bar across the street can get...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Angel T,

We love our returning guests, as they become more like family with each stay! We are thrilled that y'all enjoyed another visit with us. Thank you for the wonderful review! GEAUX TIGERS

San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I am so glad I chose to stay here! While I was originally planning to stay in the French Quarter I wound up staying here, and it was a huge reason I had such a great time on my first trip to New Orleans.

Property/Facility: Exceptionally well taken care of property. The rooms were clean, well appointed and had all the necessary amenities. The property has tremendous character. The saltwater pool and surrounding area was wonderful - I had trouble leaving there a few times when we had preplanned activities.

Staff: Loved them. They were attentive and professional but very fun! They really helped set the tone for the experience.

Location: I originally wanted to be in the French Quarter, and was a little hesitant about being out in the Garden District but I am so glad that I ended up there! I had plenty of fun the Quarter (really... maybe too much) but that is such a high energy environment I loved coming back to my little oasis at the Green House Inn. Very walkable, close to some cool downtown spots as well.

Vibe/Attitude: I tend to not be the most outgoing person on vacation (something I'm working on!) but even I wound up making friends with a number of the guests. The atmosphere is truly relaxed but certainly not boring. It's more of an adult setting, but I found everyone to be very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
TheGreenHouseInn, Innkeeper at Green House Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Hello Sam P,

Thank you for the amazing feedback and positive review! We are glad that you took a chance to experience New Orleans outside of the French Quarter and stay with us. Many guests, like you, love it's close proximity, but enjoy escaping from the crowds there, and unwinding in our pool and spa. We would love to have you stay with us again!

San Diego, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at the Inn in late July, 2013. The staff is incredibly friendly, the grounds are lush and tropical, and the beds are fantastic! Luxury linens and lots of pillows. The rooms have a lot of character, with beautiful old wooden floors, and beamed ceilings. The Inn and its rooms are adorned with antiques and eclectic artwork, reflecting Louisiana's history. At breakfast I met a few of the other guests around a beautiful dining room table, and had a pleasant time visiting with them. I got the impression that many of the guests return year after year. While there are other guests at the Inn, it is a quiet and relaxing sojourn from the hustle and bustle of the Quarter. As another poster observed, it is definitely an Oasis!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
TheGreenHouseInn, Innkeeper at Green House Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hello GigiLJ,

Thank you for the Great review! We are happy that our Inn's amenities and our staff exceeded your expectations. Like you, many of our guests love exploring the vibrancy of the French Quarter and returning to our Inn to relax and unwind. We loved having you as a guest and hope to have ou stay with us again!

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The Green House Inn is the only place we will stay when we go to New Orleans. After years of going to NOLA and staying a various places in 2007 we found the Green House Inn and haven't looked back. We have stayed at the Green House Inn at least once a year and some years twice since 2007. It is beautiful and oh so relaxing, perfectly located, comfortable beds, nice rooms and the pool and garden area make you think you are in Costa Rica. Jesse, the owner and Frank, the Innkeeper go out of their way to ensure their guests have a perfect stay. They are friendly and they really know New Orleans. The secured onsite parking is great and the inn is perfectly located to provide easy access to the arts district, the French Quarter, and the Garden District.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Highplainsgal T,

Thank you for such high praise! It is returning guests, like you, that add immensely to our welcoming home like feel. Our tropical garden is thriving in these humid summer days. We always look forward to your next stay with us!

Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The bed was great but the shower was awful, no water pressure. The other guests were wonderful to talk to in the pool but don't attempt to have a conversation at night because even though you are only speaking in a slightly louder volume in order to be heard over the waterfall you will be called down by the owner. By the way, it was 9:00 on a Saturday night. To us this place was nothing special. They will probably post a rebuttal to this review to make it appear our dissatisfaction is our own fault but I stand by my opinion.

• Stayed June 2013
TheGreenHouseInn, Innkeeper at Green House Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hello Jim F,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. It is through feedback like yours that we can evaluate ourselves and identify areas that need improvement. We sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and consider returning again.

Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a great oasis in the middle of New Orleans. We have stayed on 3 short visits and love the place. Jesse, Frank & Charlie are the perfect hosts. We love the free and secure parking. Since we drive in and are not tourists, we spend most of our time poolside either reading or drinking. Friday afternoons in the summer are usually great with several couples poolside and most taking full advantage of the clothing optional area. Saturday morning starts with good coffee and waffles leading to continued reading or swimming around the pool. Great location on the edge of the Garden District. We usually have such a good time in this area that we don't even get into the Quarter. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TheGreenHouseInn, Innkeeper at Green House Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello Cajunrag,

It is always great to have our repeat guests back for additional stays! Thank you for leaving us the review here. We are glad the weather was good enough for y'all to enjoy our saltwater pool and meet our other guests. We hope to see y'all again, soon!

Thanks Again,

The staff of The Green House Inn

Been to Green House Inn? Share your experiences!