“This is one big prostitute hotel.” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4940 Chef Menteur Hwy,, New Orleans, LA 70126 (Bywater)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #137 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
“This is one big prostitute hotel.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 5 day and seen more prostitutes and johns come and go than I've seen m my life and I'm 40 and n the military. They have atleast 7 rooms going at once. There are two main pimps that change the girls out daily and some of the girls have infants in the rooms. It is nasty, when we got our room the maid just finished cleaning ot and left a condom n the trash. Unless you have serious issues, I would not stay her. If you're single and don't mind paying for booty then this is the place for you.

• Stayed April 2012

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a recent trip to NOLA. Rooms were clean and decent but smelled a bit like smoke in a non-smoking room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sylvania, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! My husband and I stayed from out of town to visit his family. We were out of our room for 12 minutes by foot and we were robbed. Our room was gotten into (not forcibly) and my laptop computer, digital camera, and my husband's watches were stolen. The management would not help us or call the police. It is not a place for vacationers.

Room Tip: choose a room at a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
byram, ms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

When I arrived @ the hotel it was Great!!! It took the guy who checked me in a little minute to get it together as if he didn't know what he was doing. I got to the room and it was very nice!!! I would stay again @ this location. The only thing that was a problem was when I requested a 2pm checkout(since I am a Choice Priviledge member) the guy @ the desk told me that they didnt honor it and I had to checkout @ 11. So when I talked to the manager he allowed me to have the 2pm checkout. If I needed anything the Staff was wonderful esp the housekeepers. I enjoyed my stay here!!! Keep up the great work!! The only thing they missing is a POOL!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

Entire room smelled like three year old spoiled cheese. Floors so grimy, I refused to walk anywhere without shoes. Linen damp and dirty as if not changed in a while. Towels contained pubic hair. Service was horrible; front desk clerk was very unpleasant and cold. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy or an animal. Worst place ever stayed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

i would not recommend anybody to stay there the staff there the daytime manager in particular was rude and not resonable and appeared to not know what they were doing as far as handling business transactions

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Ridgefield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2004

23Nov04 We just enjoyed a great stay and cruise (Norwegian Dream) in New Orleans and would like to tell you about the EconoLodge (Chef Menteur Hy). This is a ways out from the French Quarter and we rode buses to and fro all over the city. We had a large king room and met great folks there that helped us get oriented to "The Big Easy." Room had micro and fridge, no-smoking, lots more for $45.59 a night and double frequent stay stamps. (Our 5 night stay got us $50.00 off our next stay at any EconoLodge.) This is the way to see New Orleans. PS: Bus/Trolley fare is $.40, with free transfers. for seniors... great!! Parking in the French Quarter can be $8.00 an HOUR! Enjoy!

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!